Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, neighbor reported X missing, Montezuma, 27 May 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Moo, since the loud fighting happened in the the trailer I think that’s where X’s life was taken. I think one or more people showed up to help. Hypothetically I think people that have committed previous crimes together might have some form of loyalty if not to just protect their secrets that might be waged against them. Hope that made sense lol
JMO!

I think there was foul play. I do not believe X walked to that field by himself. He had issues with walking and also, I think someone would have seen him, on such a long walk.

I believe he was dumped there by someone. I am suspicious of his mother, but I am not sure she could manage doing this on her own. I do believe she could have snapped and lashed out at him, punched him or something....but she would need help getting him to that field.

I do lean towards him leaving home, angry, and maybe being picked up by someone. Maybe one of mom's friends? James Lowe maybe?

I could see the possibility of JL giving X a ride, and bringing him back to the alleged trap house, which had allegedly been used as a place to house sex workers, and drug traffickers. Could something bad have happened to X age the trap house?
I disagree that JL was involved in this case. The accusations about an alleged trap house were from several years prior (when Mollie was abducted). At the time of XH's disappearance, JL was living in a trailer and described by witnesses as very down on his luck. He was recently sentenced to federal prison pursuant to his arrest (unrelated to this case) days after XH vanished.

I also don't believe XH got himself to the soybean field and think mom and her bff hold the answers. The home that was searched under a sealed warrant was also the residence of mom's friend.

Last edited:
Just some thoughts about the KCCI special report:

- SR is interviewed, and along with talking about how special and missed Xavior is, she mentions that the DCI interviewed her again in January. She also says her son, Xavior’s friend, is now terrified to play outside. Poor kid. She also had an interesting quote about how as she went from door to door, her question changed from “Have you seen Xavior today?” to “When did you last see Xavior?” It seems like no one had seen him at all that morning.

- The guy from the DCI said they will not be releasing his cause of death because one person, (then he slightly hesitated) maybe one or two people know how he died. I agree with the poster above that this would indicate foul play. And it may not be super significant but it did raise my brow a bit that he threw out the idea of more than one person being involved. I wonder if they have uncovered any evidence of a second party being present.

- They touched on the house in New Sharon that was searched, and pointed out the search warrants (IIRC) are still sealed. Is that normal? I feel like they brought that up for a reason.

- They said the DCI still works on the case every week and is pursuing thousands of leads still.

I think that many of us following this thread believe that what ever happened to this young child happened that night that the fight occurred at his home. There was arguing and then there was silence! He did not walk away, it happened that night!

I think that many of us following this thread believe that what ever happened to this young child happened that night that the fight occurred at his home. There was arguing and then there was silence! He did not walk away, it happened that night!
I agree. There are discrepancies in the timeline of his disappearance. Mom has not cleared that up AFAIK.

Just some thoughts about the KCCI special report:

- SR is interviewed, and along with talking about how special and missed Xavior is, she mentions that the DCI interviewed her again in January. She also says her son, Xavior’s friend, is now terrified to play outside. Poor kid. She also had an interesting quote about how as she went from door to door, her question changed from “Have you seen Xavior today?” to “When did you last see Xavior?” It seems like no one had seen him at all that morning.

- The guy from the DCI said they will not be releasing his cause of death because one person, (then he slightly hesitated) maybe one or two people know how he died. I agree with the poster above that this would indicate foul play. And it may not be super significant but it did raise my brow a bit that he threw out the idea of more than one person being involved. I wonder if they have uncovered any evidence of a second party being present.

- They touched on the house in New Sharon that was searched, and pointed out the search warrants (IIRC) are still sealed. Is that normal? I feel like they brought that up for a reason.

- They said the DCI still works on the case every week and is pursuing thousands of leads still.

Thanks for these updates.

IMO it's normal for the search warrants to be sealed for a certain number of days (varies by state). After that, prosecutors can petition for them to remain sealed for another period of time; generally they have to assert that the warrants pertain to an ongoing investigation and releasing the contents would damage the integrity of the investigation, and a judge has to agree.

I agree. We already know that nothing related to XH's criminal investigation was obtained in the New Sharon search warrant that remains sealed. I think investigators were likely searching for illegal firearms which is what JL was charged with and sentenced on Feb 18, 2022. I think media interest has been high since JL's recent sentencing and why they put out the recap.

No evidence relating to Xavior Harrelson found in search warrant | weareiowa.com

10/19/21

NEW SHARON, Iowa — Iowa authorities assisted in a federal search warrant Tuesday morning in New Sharon to see if they could find any evidence relating to the disappearance and death of Xavior Harrelson, according to the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI).

"We were there to assist and also in the event that there would be anything remotely related to Xavior's investigation," DCI Assistant Director Mitch Mortvedt told Local 5 in an emai
l.

Mortvedt didn't go into further details in his email.

However, Local 5's ABC News affiliate KCRG-TV9 reports that no direct evidence related to Harrelson's death came up during the search.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives searched a home at 104 South Elm Street in New Sharon. The search warrant was conducted around 6:45 a.m., according to the Mahaska County Sheriff's Office.

The search was in relation to federal firearms charges filed against James Lowe in July. Lowe was charged with possessing a National Firearms Act firearm not registered to the possessor after a car he was driving was allegedly found with a sawed-off shotgun.**

I know that the neighbours reported they heard loud arguing, then sudden silence. So that could mean that he was assaulted right then. I am open to that possibility.

But it is also possible that it was silent because one or both of them stomped away mad, and the argument was cut short. I am leaning in that direction still. I wish I knew if LE had access to any electronic devices that X may have had to text or message anyone. If he used whats app or something, or had an x box or a game console, he could have messaged someone for a ride.

I really worry that X was a vulnerable young target for someone who may have been grooming him for awhile...

I know that the neighbours reported they heard loud arguing, then sudden silence. So that could mean that he was assaulted right then. I am open to that possibility.

But it is also possible that it was silent because one or both of them stomped away mad, and the argument was cut short. I am leaning in that direction still. I wish I knew if LE had access to any electronic devices that X may have had to text or message anyone. If he used whats app or something, or had an x box or a game console, he could have messaged someone for a ride.

I really worry that X was a vulnerable young target for someone who may have been grooming him for awhile...
Except mom says he was there and up in the morning and he left while she was in the bathroom. But the guy outside working on his car didn't see him or any car. I dont get the feeling he left on his own. Not at all. I hope they did a thorough job processing the house since she moved out right after. I just dont feel like it was, for some reason. Hope I'm wrong.

A late-night argument from the Harrelson residence was reported as the norm and this was not unusual to the neighbors. It seems there would be evidence if there was a violent struggle.

I don't know if anybody saw X in the morning other than his mother who allegedly "heard" X in the morning. She claimed she was in the bathroom when she heard the front door open (bells on the front door). When his body was recovered, he was wearing his PJ's as described by his mom.

Although I think many questions left unanswered by mom, I also think somebody within the park grooming X a possibility but no official warnings to the public to beware of a predator.

Investigators obviously need more information/evidence to make an arrest. They've done a good job keeping down any rumors and no leaks on the cause of death.

Loud argument inside the mobile home that was loud enough for neighbors to hear.
Question is who was arguing?
Could it have been two adults?
Another adult and Xavior?

When was the last time someone saw Xavior, I need to go back and look.
JMO

Loud argument inside the mobile home that was loud enough for neighbors to hear.
Question is who was arguing?
Could it have been two adults?
Another adult and Xavior?

When was the last time someone saw Xavior, I need to go back and look.
JMO
Mom says she saw him in the morning and he snuck away when she was in the bathroom. But if he was found deceased, still wearing his PJ's, that story doesn't fly. Why would he have left that A.M. still wearing pj's?

I think it is possible that he ran off spontaneously that night, still in pj's, because of the bad argument with his mom. He may have run to one of the trailers , where a 'friend' agreed to help him. Or he may have contacted someone by app, and got a ride somewhere.

It is possible also, that his mom lashed out during the argument, and it ended badly.
But that doesn't explain how he ended up in that field.

SR gave a youtube interview immediately after the fund raiser for him on June 30. In it, she gave her theory on how it might have happened and dropped first names of 2 other people who were there. I spent quite a bit of time today looking for it but it doesn't come up in searches.

Has SR been speaking out since they found his body?

All of the recent thoughts have been interesting as we all know there was an argument that night. I personally think he disappeared that night after the sudden silence from that argument. I don’t believe he was alive the next day, as I don’t believe his mom saw or heard him that morning! As a reminder I am a mom myself and there is no way that I would not see my child or know where my child was when they get up in the morning! I am always on and would be up before them to offer breakfast etc. They would not be able to leave with the the sound of a bell. My normal day to day life with my child or grandchild may be different than what Xavior and his mom had but I am pretty sure that Xavior was connected to his mom, wanted to be there for her and would not walk away. But I also have to weigh in the fact that he often went to other families around him to take him in after an argument and it opens it up to others in the park. So my circular thoughts say he was gone that night. Either from a family member or friend or from someone in the park he turned to that night. But because I am not on board yet with what his mom heard the next morning I lean toward to whomever was at the trailer that night! Just my opinion!

SR gave a youtube interview immediately after the fund raiser for him on June 30. In it, she gave her theory on how it might have happened and dropped first names of 2 other people who were there. I spent quite a bit of time today looking for it but it doesn't come up in searches.

Has SR been speaking out since they found his body?
To my knowledge, nothing on MSM by SR since XH's body recovered.

I recall the same YT with SR after the concert where she provided that JL's girlfriend SP did not attend which was surprising to SR (YT not WS approved).

However, SR also gave sworn testimony during the special hearing called by Mollie Tibbets killer's defense team which is allowed. I've provided much of that content in an earlier post linked below. MOO

Found Deceased - IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, neighbor reported X missing, Montezuma, 27 May 2021 #2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LostInMaine
Back