ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree very interesting, the rush to get back indicates to me that he felt he wouldn’t be caught and LE have outsmarted him with sophisticated genealogy for the DNA and whatever other techniques they’ve used. Like many before him, he likely underestimates the intelligence of other people.

This seems like a pretty way to do this. How would suggest they transport him across the country?
Idk, In a plane that doesn’t need to stop twice for refuels. They had to lockdown the airport while he took a Pee there the first time. It’s Much safer for everyone involved to have a direct flight to Idaho no?

Why would other states not accept an Idaho convict? Jake Paterson who killed two and kidnapped a young girl in Wisconsin was transferred to New Mexico. States trade convicts if they feel there is an excess of danger to convict within their prison system.

Interesting. Never heard of that before. (I was responding to a question about him being moved to be closer to his PA family, not being moved for safety reasons).
Pretty sure that Chris Watts was transferred out of Colorado to Wisconsin. Chris Watts Will Celebrate Thanksgiving 2022 With a Dinner Behind Bars: Menu Revealed

Which jail will be transported to? Is it the latah county jail that has a whopping 23 inmates?
Correct he will be #24 in a cell alone and they are obligating to his vegan diet
Otherwise Idaho would have to fly an empty plane to PA to pick up, which is a waste of resources.
Isn't Pennsylvania flying an empty plane back though?

(Adding the link again from previous post)

"We had officers breaking down at the scene," a law enforcement source who is familiar with the case tells PEOPLE in its latest issue. "It wasn't a clean crime scene. There was cross contamination between the rooms. This wasn't a professional job — this was something more haphazard."

Snipped & BBM
While I never had this killing pegged as a "professional" job and always thought it was a single, disturbed individual, this makes me reconsider the level of planning vs. impulse involved. I still believe it was thoroughly planned and premeditated. However, I'm now less certain that the killer had killed before. I think once he entered the home, he quickly found that there were aspects of the killing that he was not adequately prepared for, despite his painstaking preparation.

I also think we may need more information and additional perspectives before equating a "messy" crime scene with a "haphazard" crime. Killing four people with a large knife is nearly always going to create a gory mess -- unless the killer was using Dexter-like tactics which, in my view, is impossible in a house occupied by six people, most of whom were sleeping in pairs. If there was back-and-forth movement and cross-contamination between the victims and bedrooms, could that possibly be a meaningful part of the killer's MO (part of the message that he wanted to send through his act of violence) as opposed to sloppiness? I'm open to the possibility that the crime was haphazard, but before accepting that as fact, I'd want to hear it expressed by (multiple) veteran investigators who have analyzed other mass murders by stabbing/bludgeoning/etc.

And finally... for me, this article bumped into the "more probable" column the possibility that the killer premeditated and planned while in cold, rational mode yet committed the crime in a rage that was set off by an unforeseen event. The illustrative "trigger" event I'll throw out there as an example is the staged debate between BK and the students whose papers we was grading harshly (which was purportedly organized by the professor). I can see BK being quietly enraged and humiliated by this, keeping his rage and humiliation bottled up and hidden from his colleagues at WSU, and then redirecting it towards his previously selected victims in a hybrid crime of hate and rage. JMO.

Last edited:
Probably not, but regardless, it is an option for the parents and family to use, if possible. If it were my loved one, I would certainly consider this option as I would want to be physically near to them and provide emotional support, provided I believed in their innocence. So painful and gut wrenching.

Not an option as that apartment is for registered students only. No subletting.

I do think that the parents will find church organizations and other local assistance if they reach out for it. Best for them to be in Moscow, I suppose, but to be flexible because the trial and his future location may change places.

new poster this maybe has been addressed.

Question...do we know when Bryan and dad left WA? Is it possible a neighbor suggested looking at Kohberger's car and police were watching it almost from the beginning? Could that be the DNA match? Check the car, send the DNA in and while waiting for results, they headed to PA. Maybe why police weren't releasing anything
Welcome to WSs!

Bryan Kohberger defense team hires crime scene expert (Chicago Herald News. Jan 04, 2023)

The current PD has quite an education and also legal experience with long-term ties to Idaho and the university. Are there standards for PDs to perform a certain level or checklist of tasks? I ask because they hired relatively high quality professionals to recreate the crime scene. I am not sure who asked the police to not clean up. Do you think he will stick with this PD? Otherwise, will people clamor to defend him? Do you think a defense will go the way of OJ Simpson and Bill Cosby cases (alleged crimes only) in that the jury did not find either guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I also live in an urban area but I am at a loss for who I would contact and see the family might not be able to afford an attorney but the one family of a victim has an attorney.

Not to monopolize but ID is pro-death penalty and a victim's parents already stated they "are glad Idaho has the death penalty." If he pleads guilty like BTK and avoids trial(s) then will he automatically not receive the death penalty. Serious question and of course I have my own ethical stance: What is the motivation to use the death penalty? Can public pressure sway prosecutors to pursue the death penalty?

Thank you---I try to ask one question a day! And learn so much from all of you. I try to abide by guidelines but never mind a nudge or feedback. I really appreciate how this forum operates and the community.
I think he will probably stick with the PD. The state needs to pay for a competent defense. This may be one of the most serious crimes ever committed in Idaho (4 murders at once). PD or private attorney, appointed or privately paid, they all will look for the same types of experts. The head PD may have the most murder defense experience of anyone in the state.

I know a few people have asked if he's going to bring in a super-star out-of-state team but he doesn't have the money for that. With OJ and Cosby, they're rich! Famous nationally known defense attorneys take those cases because the clients are rich and can pay $1,000/hr for their representation. They can put up houses and boats and jets as collateral to secure a retainer. If you are appointed by the state, you only get the contract attorney rates (which are like $150/hr in most states, much lower than regular private attorney rates).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP