ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what I think too; he just wanted to prove how smart he was, and commit a brilliant major crime.

As they say, “the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.”
I don't know if the cell phone ping reports are correct, however, it amazes me how addicted we are being digitally connected. Seems like most killers would be failure with the ability to track phones and look through finical records for purchases. They always seem unable to part with the cell phone. Even if he had it off during the crime, the reports appear that he did stalking with location service before.

im no expert but if they don’t provide a motive doesn't that leave the door open for a good defense attorney?

Not in the PCA, which is what the person was talking about, to whom you responded.

No good prosecution is going to tip its hand this early - nor should it. Investigation is ongoing, alleged murderer is only just in custody, much more to be known.

Motive is not necessary for a First Degree Murder conviction, AFAIK.

Premeditation is easily shown by the burglary (going inside a house that's not one's own, then inside a room inside that house without authorized entry, bringing the means to do a crime and doing a crime).

Those are the important things for First Degree. It's often hard to bring in motive (and usually very prejudicial to the defense if it is done - cf. Chris Watts).

I don't think the university would allow BK's parents to live in university housing, I assume that BK won't be registered for the spring 2023 semester at WSU. So no longer eligible to have that on-campus apartment. JMO.

edited to add WSU
Probably that's so.

So if they were looking for a white Elantra with PA plates (registered in his mother's name that was seen in Moscow at the time of the murders), they wouldn't contact her, and he would be the new owner with new WA plates, in other words the car would have a different identity than it did a week before, and maybe be harder to track down with changes just made? JMOO
She could still be the owner & he could register the car in WA. I looked it up. If indeed this was a title transfer, not just registration, maybe it was an early Christmas present? She might regret that now.
JMO

I don't know if the cell phone ping reports are correct, however, it amazes me how addicted we are being digitally connected. Seems like most killers would be failure with the ability to track phones and look through finical records for purchases. They always seem unable to part with the cell phone. Even if he had it off during the crime, the reports appear that he did stalking with location service before.
Yup. If he went anywhere near there with his phone on, they’d know. He has no known reason to have ever been there at all. Those records will be telling if they exist.

I'm trying to catch up, so please forgive me if I'm asking a redundant question...

Will we be seeing the probable cause affidavit? Does the gag order put limits on that?

Thanks.
Not a lawyer, but I believe once unsealed the PCA is public record and they cannot withhold it. Gag order is on discussing the case outside the courtroom.

That’s what I think too; he just wanted to prove how smart he was, and commit a brilliant major crime.

As they say, “the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.”
Do you think he will try to write a book about his crimes? I do not believe he would be allowed to write a book from death row. That’s the only advantage I see for the DP.
I still wonder if he may have killed before.

Does anyone know why Pennsylvania would be transporting him and not Idaho? It can't be cheap to transport and you would think the state that wants the inmate would have to come get them.
The US Constitution puts it this way: The Extradition Clause in the US Constitution requires states, upon demand of another state, to deliver a fugitive from justice who has committed a "treason, felony or other crime" to the state from which the fugitive has fled. 18 U.S.C. I do not know if that means physically delivering them back or just agreeing allow it.

Wait. You lost me here.
He did it because he thought they would be looking for PA plates?
Or he did it because he wanted to be caught?
No. He would have been worried his plates would have been caught on camera. I think they were.

Changing those plates still doesn’t mean law enforcement can’t find you based on the plates you were driving with that night.

But I think he thought changing them was worth the risk.

There tends to be these competing feelings with these guys. They don’t want to be caught, but getting caught is the only way they get credit. Judging by his facial reaction when he and his dad were pulled over, I def think he was scared of being captured.

Do you think he will try to write a book about his crimes? I do not believe he would be allowed to write a book from death row. That’s the only advantage I see for the DP.
I still wonder if he may have killed before.
I’m sure he could get a book out… he just won’t be able to profit from it if Idaho has a Son of Sam law.

There are no direct flights to Idaho...unless you are just hopping over to places a couple of hours away. It takes me all day sometimes to get to anywhere past Chicago and that's two different flights alone. And I have been stuck many places overnight against my will... Southwest has always been crappy.

The last thing those officers wanted to do was have to empty a terminal just to walk him to the next flight.
If you are coming from the northeast ( BOS/NYC) you can fly into SLC and then hop a regional to most of the airports in Idaho. If you hop an early flght, bc of the time diff, you can be there by lunch if all goes well and weather is good. IME

I live here and have not seen Anyone pulled over for it. But it needs to be done. People here seem to stay on others bumpers.
IMO, to be stopped twice, I'd say BK must have been following dangerously close. And he seemed ignorant about it when the 2nd trooper had to explain the safe car length distance for every 10 miles of speed traveled.

The look on BK's face that he needed to keep 6 car lengths behind the tractor-trailer he was behind was priceless! o_O Genius, not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine