ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seasoned LEO/federal agent or not, It must be extremely uncomfortable/awkward to be inside of a cabin this tight, and 22k feet up in the air, with someone charged with a quadruple murder.

View attachment 392507

Actually, those of us who do interview bad guys might welcome the chance - I would have, when I was younger. I love flying, that plane looks comfortable and if there were nice LEO all around, I'd love to sit and chat with Bryan. Even now. Building rapport time, etc. My curiosity about people like him is immense.

Before you call public defenders lazy, you should look into how many cases they are assigned. I carry about 20-30 active cases at any point. The average public defender in my small state has over 150 assigned. There is a physical limit to the work you can do on each case if the state keeps assigning you new cases with deadlines just considering the hours in the day. Not to mention they are then paid less than school teachers for thankless work for (often) bad people.
So if there is evidence, this seems to be a very difficult case for the PD given her ties to ID and she has also worked in federal courts as well as state courts. It seems this ID PD and also the past PA PD were very diligent and cautious plus professional. I am used to many PD cases involving misdemeanor charges. I do not want to make you uncomfortable, but if during the preparation or the trial a PD strongly doubts their client is innocent, especially in the case of severe offenses like murder, would a PD ever not nec sabotage their client but hold back or else sortof assist the prosecutor? Just curious--there was talk that this would be a coup if this particular suspect had a female PD. I do not know about the politics especially in cases such as this. Thanks!

Moscow suspect Bryan Kohberger changed title of Hyundai Elantra five days after murders​

According to a public records request, Kohberger transferred a Pennsylvania title to a Washington title on Nov. 18.

WHITMAN COUNTY, Wash. — Bryan C. Kohberger, a suspect in the murders of four University of Idaho students, changed his title of his white 2015 Hyundai Elantra five days after the stabbings took place.
According to a public records request filed by KTVB, Kohberger, 28, transferred the title of the Elantra from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, which was registered on April 20, 2022, to Whitman County, Washington, on Nov. 18, 2022. Registering a vehicle in another state requires new plates.

I believe that the registration had expired and needed to be renewed. So, possibly not damming.

I’m sure he could get a book out… he just won’t be able to profit from it if Idaho has a Son of Sam law.
Yup. He’d have to use a third party. He’d make no money, but he’d enjoy the publicity. I don’t see a confession coming though, and I’m actually worried about suicide.

Last edited:
Smallish plane, flies a lot more slowly than a jet. Has to stop often to refuel. What’s time to someone who’ll be spending the rest of his life in prison?
The flight landed in Champaign, IL to refuel. That was reported at 2:57pm. (CST) Here is the link...

Interesting, may be the reason for the road trip. Change the plates to PA (if not already PA), leave it at the folks for a semester. With what he knew at the time, this could be seen as a solution.
The plates on the car when the murders occurred were PA plates.
He moved from PA to WA last August and hadn't yet changed the plates to WA.
He finally did change the plates to WA 5 days after the murders.
Then he drove the car back to PA.
AFAIk

Do you think he will try to write a book about his crimes? I do not believe he would be allowed to write a book from death row. That’s the only advantage I see for the DP.
I still wonder if he may have killed before.
Ita !

To go from some stalking to a quad murder seems like an unlikely leap.
I wonder what else BK has done and just not been caught for, yet ?
Imo.

Gag orders never apply to journalists, not in the United States. What will happen will be an order stipulating how reporters can cover the case from inside the courtroom. Sometimes they’re allowed to live tweet, and other times they have to tweet from outside the courtroom. Typically they can’t come back in until a break, so it’s inconvenient and leads to massive gaps in coverage.

If they aren’t allowed to live-tweet, I assume/hope that they can take pen and paper notes for later use?

Do you think he will try to write a book about his crimes? I do not believe he would be allowed to write a book from death row. That’s the only advantage I see for the DP.
I still wonder if he may have killed before.
I believe most states have laws against writing books for profit as an incarnated criminal. They require the profits be given to the victims.

Brian said that they will allow cameras in the courtroom, but they can't broadcast it until after they hearing is over. I'm happy about that

New to this forum and also unfamiliar with legal proceedings, so please forgive me if this is a silly question!

At BK's initial hearing, what should we expect? Is this simply to read the charges against him or will the hearing itself offer any insight into what's contained within the PCA? I only ask because it sounds like there are some questions about whether the defense will request that the PCA be sealed/redacted but presumably anything that the press records during this hearing is reportable?

Thanks for any insight here!

Because it's a single engine prop job!

Not trying to argue, but this is far from a kit plane or a single engine prop job. It's a very advanced turbine aircraft. The prop produces the air for the turbine. They don't have the speed of jet, but are very capable and trustworthy aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine