ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Commercial flights are a lot like buses, is what Alethea is trying to say (danger to the traveling public to put a guy with these alleged crimes on a regular commercial flight).

And for those who haven't followed the entire, very long conversation about flying to Idaho, Boise is a six hour drive not counting rest stops from Moscow.

The closest airport is Pullman-Moscow, but the only commercial airline that flies there is Alaska and the only place it flies from is Seattle. So stops, delays, airport connections, dealing with the public - really not a good idea.

More prisoners escape during ground travel than air travel. Just saying. Having LE/pubilc owned, LE-controlled air transport is the best way and they also did it the cheapest way.

If they had flown commercial from, say, Philadelphia to Boise, it would have been a longish flight with 2 hours on either end for processing, luggage, etc. And then, a 6 hour drive plus rest stops from Boise. I can't imagine any good logistics person in LE thinking that's the way to do it.

While I appreciate your response, I am still skeptical there isn't a better way to do this.

Commercial flights are a lot like buses, is what Alethea is trying to say (danger to the traveling public to put a guy with these alleged crimes on a regular commercial flight).

And for those who haven't followed the entire, very long conversation about flying to Idaho, Boise is a six hour drive not counting rest stops from Moscow.

The closest airport is Pullman-Moscow, but the only commercial airline that flies there is Alaska and the only place it flies from is Seattle. So stops, delays, airport connections, dealing with the public - really not a good idea.

More prisoners escape during ground travel than air travel. Just saying. Having LE/pubilc owned, LE-controlled air transport is the best way and they also did it the cheapest way.

If they had flown commercial from, say, Philadelphia to Boise, it would have been a longish flight with 2 hours on either end for processing, luggage, etc. And then, a 6 hour drive plus rest stops from Boise. I can't imagine any good logistics person in LE thinking that's the way to do it.
Not to mention, everyone has a smart phone now. If people are upset that TMZ got photos of him on the ground during a pee stop, imagine the pics we would have if he flew commercial. Every minute of his flight would be documented by someone. JMO

I don't think the university would allow BK's parents to live in university housing, I assume that BK won't be registered for the spring 2023 semester at WSU. So no longer eligible to have that on-campus apartment. JMO.

edited to add WSU
You are probably correct. IMO. I was thinking leases as year to year, not semester based.

At some point soon, BK's apartment will have to be cleaned out. Moving company? Hire someone to move it to storage for awhile? Let it go? A family member flies/drives out to deal with it? JMHO
Bumping my post as I'd like an opinion on how this will be handled.

I am signing off for awhile. I think that the discussion has become off target with issues regarding the flight. i fear we will soon be talking about Murphy, HVAC systems, vegan jail diet, etc. will rejoin after following affidavit disclosure. Good night all❤️
Everyone is just excited to finally see him brought back to Idaho to face the music and to *hopefully* get a peek at the PCA. There really is no new info to sleuth right now.

Brian Entin is currently live on twitter from Pullman-Moscow airport. He has confirmed that BK is en route in a "single prop small plane owned by Washington Police" and is currently over Wyoming. I can't quote a source as it's a live.
"He's kind of over Yellowstone now" according to his producer
Over Yellowstone now? <modsnip> I want to see Beth get ahold of BK.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Latah County Sheriff Richard Skiles, upon arrival the defendant will be housed in the 37-inmate capacity jail. Kohberger, however, will not be part of the lockup facility’s general population.

Kohberger will be the highest-profile person to ever by incarcerated in the local and relatively tiny jail, Latah County, or the broader agricultural region of the Gem State known as The Palouse.

I hope they have him guarded 24/7, this guy is savvy, manipulative and dangerous!

I'm betting it doesn't feel that way for the suspect on board, I'm sure he'd like it to take just a little bit longer

Seems he's managed to have a bit of a scenic tour, might well be his last opportunity. IMO

I think it's more likely he can't wait to land and find out what they have on him. He didn't waive the extradition hearing for nothing. MOO.

I'm betting it doesn't feel that way for the suspect on board, I'm sure he'd like it to take just a little bit longer

Seems he's managed to have a bit of a scenic tour, might well be his last opportunity. IMO
Going to a be a lot of "Lasts" for BK coming up....
Pity. ;)

Once released by LE, I’d say the family could deal with it and if they don’t, the school, since they own the bldg, will clear it out and discard of whatever is inside. MOO, thinking in terms of what I’ve seen happen when someone dies and leaves an apartment.

So regarding my question about the car registration change, I was wondering if it was relevant. I was under the impression that his parents owned the car and that it was registered in PA (his permanent residence) while he studied and did TA work in Washington state.
But, at some point the car was registered to BK (not parents) and so the plate change. And he would need to change insurance and have a valid Washington DL. His permanent residence is Washington, not PA.
I know lots of reasons for why he would make the changes.
I wonder if it was bought in pa and had a loan against it. Maybe it was paid off this year and that's why he was getting it registered in Idaho?

Do you think he will try to write a book about his crimes? I do not believe he would be allowed to write a book from death row. That’s the only advantage I see for the DP.
I still wonder if he may have killed before.
I've wondered if he would be open to giving interviews to someone who would write the book. JMO

Yup. He’d have to use a third party. He’d make no money, but he’d enjoy the publicity. I don’t see a confession coming though, and I’m actually worried about suicide.
Hey @MassGuy just curious as to why you think he'd Fotis himself? Out of embarrassment of being caught, as a last grand gesture, fear of prison? I'm 50/50 on suicide.

MOO

She could still be the owner & he could register the car in WA. I looked it up. If indeed this was a title transfer, not just registration, maybe it was an early Christmas present? She might regret that now.
JMO
IIRC, there was an LE officer (not necessarily working on the case in an official capacity) or an ex-LE officer (see article below) who said BK did not have any vehicle registered in his name at the time of the murders (Nov. 13 2022), which made it all that much harder for LE to track him down as the "driver" of a white Elantra when his name was not on any paperwork for the car, it was registered and owned (title) by his mother in another state (PA).

Then, 5 days after the murders, he got WA plates & presumably registered it in his name. Not sure about the title. Then he drove car with WA plates back to PA.

One possible reason (speculation) he changed the plates then was because PA plates on a white Elantra might have been seen and would stick out more for LE to look into, so he changed to WA plates to blend in more while he was still around attending classes after the murders before leaving for the holidays. JMOO

Article about him not having a vehicle registered in his name at the time of the murders:

Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger has no criminal history, no car registered in own name

MOO

In case they got a glimpse of the plates.
Except that his goose would have been way overcooked by the time he changed the stupid plate. And for what? The original would have led to him anyway.
Seems to me he was not thinking clearly at all, desperately grabbing at cover up efforts. A neighbor reported seeming insomnia, up late vacuuming and whatnot.
I could envision a state of high anxiety, that old couldn’t find a way out of a wet paper bag syndrome. MOO

I'm sure that there will be, if not already have been, a warrant authorized for search of his university accommodation. Once it's been dealt with by LE, I'm sure it will be packed up by family or members of the university housing staff. It certainly will be looked at by LE beforehand though I'm not sure if they'd issue search warrants with him out of state. IMO and open to correction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine