ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accused killer Bryan Kohberger’s defense team has hired a veteran Washington state crime scene reconstruction expert.

Forensic expert Matthew Noedel, owner and operator of Noedel Scientific, and his team spent five hours inside the home on 1122 King Street, Moscow, where four University of Idaho students were brutally stabbed on Nov. 13.

[…]

The Post confirmed with Moscow Police Kohberger’s legal team, including his state-appointed defense attorney Anne Taylor, was at the home Tuesday.

Noedel was seen going in and out of the home wearing white gloves and surgical foot covers over his shoes.

According to his website, Noedel’s specialities include crime scene reconstruction, bloodstain pattern analysis and shooting reconstruction.

[…]

Over the years, Noedel has been called as a defense expert witness to numerous shocking cases, including the trial of Christopher Kruse, who was charged with the 2015 murder of his wife Janette Pigman-Kruse in Worthington, Ohio.

Noedel offered a second opinion on firearm and crime scene analysis on the Kruse case and jury ended up acquitting him after 12 hours of deliberation.

Noedel also was used as an expert speaking in a Fox investigation into rapper Tupac Shakur’s death.

Quickly as they got into the house suppose they're going for a speedy trial? JMHO

Wow this is a long flight. In a commercial jet, this could be a 5 hour or so flight (or less). I feel bad for all the LE on it - it must feel like it is dragging and taking forever.
I could see where he may actually engage with LE on this flight, it's more relaxed and they are probably talking among themselves.

With all of the court proceedings taking place in Idaho, it will be very difficult for his family members to attend. Unless they can attend via Zoom. I’m not sure if that is allowed. But he will have lots of court proceedings coming up.

If I were his parents, I’d be strongly tempted to simply move to Idaho.

A little off topic, but I am just in awe of how many planes there are in the sky at all times.
it really is crazy. I am part of a certain college football fanbase who is known to be a little crazy & track planes during coaching searches to figure out who is interviewing and who might be hired. There are so many and then others that are not public for tracking, too. o_O

(Adding the link again from previous post)

"We had officers breaking down at the scene," a law enforcement source who is familiar with the case tells PEOPLE in its latest issue. "It wasn't a clean crime scene. There was cross contamination between the rooms. This wasn't a professional job — this was something more haphazard."

Snipped & BBM
I don't understand the statements. It seams obvious there is blood everywhere. Does clean crime scene refer to BK's DNA?
Cross contamination between rooms - cross contamination of what.

IMO did he leave evidence or not. It's not a food or pharma lab... cross contamination seems like it would be a disadvantage to investigators.

Just to be clear -- we've all seen the traffic stop videos for ourselves where Hancock County, IN Sheriff warned BK about following a van too close, and an IN State Trooper warned him about following a tractor-trailer too close.

Nothing about speeding as previously tweeted. Facts matter -- just saying.
So that’s interesting since it seems such a weird reason to be pulled over. Twice! Is this LE toying with him again. Sending a message that they are also following too close? It’s just strange.

(Adding the link again from previous post)

"We had officers breaking down at the scene," a law enforcement source who is familiar with the case tells PEOPLE in its latest issue. "It wasn't a clean crime scene. There was cross contamination between the rooms. This wasn't a professional job — this was something more haphazard."

Snipped & BBM
Also from that article (not sure if posted on threads yet as I'm behind) it sounds confirmed BK did follow 2 of the victims on Instagram (BBM):

"Authorities have not publicly disclosed a motive in the murders, and its unclear how Kohberger knew the victims — although he had previously followed at least 2 of them on Instagram, a police source tells PEOPLE.

"We're operating on the assumption that at least one of the victims knew the person or persons responsible," says the police source. "But nothing is really off the table. We don't want to rule anything out until we know for sure."

Maybe something similar to this - bologna sandwiches are very common on inmate flights and for lunch breaks in court when inmates receive a bagged lunch. No hot meals usually when inmates are away from prison or jail.

In-Flight Menu

There's no in-flight movie, and no one is allowed magazines or books of sudoku puzzles. Meals [] are decidedly no-frills affairs. Sample menu: corn chips, turkey bologna and cheese sandwich, cookie, and water. Tray tables have been removed from the seats to preclude enterprising inmates from weaponizing them.
How about takeout from the Rapid City (RAP) airport terminal?

I just want to say I really appreciate everyone's humor today! IMO it's been a nice little break while we wait for this to move forward. Hands down the best exit and intro for our new thread, @YaYa_521 ❤️
Totally agree. The wittiness of some of our sleuths was so funny. I am starving but afraid to go and make something to eat in case I miss something. Or get behind on the threads again.

Is the plane still grounded?

Since he's in custody, his attorney would not be with him for transport. Each state/jurisdiction will have different protocols but attorneys generally have to arrange the time and place to meet with clients - like reserving a meeting room at the jail that does not have recording devices. When someone is out on bond, which you see a lot for non-violent cases in the news, they may travel around with their attorney or you see their attorney more because they are free to move within the restraints of their bond conditions.

BK may have spoken to his ID attorney on the phone in PA. Jails have non-recorded lines - or allegedly non-recorded lines - for secure communications with attorneys. Unless it's an emergency, you'd want to speak about anything sensitive or serious in person because you can't really control who overhears on the phone. I would guess any discussions on the phone were just perfunctory, like maybe telling him who is assigned to his case or that they are requesting evidence from the state.

Very good explanation! Thank you!
You mentioned 'allegedly' in relation to non-recording lines. Can 'allegedly' be applied to the room where the attorney will meet her client, too? How the privacy could be secured? When BK will be allowed to write his notes and read, for example documents brought by his lawyer? How it works?

As they descend into Rapid City, there are 2 other aircraft that are piquing my interest—
There’s a U.S. Army Blackhawk helicopter that’s been holding its position for well over 10 minutes SE of the airport, and a Learjet 45XR that also appears to be descending into Rapid City simultaneously, currently at 3,800 feet. It originated at McKellar-Sipes regional in Jackson, TN

Not a layer... Im wondering if he hasn't been charged has he been read his rights?
He should have been read those rights as soon as he was arrested in PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx