ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good explanation! Thank you!
You mentioned 'allegedly' in relation to non-recording lines. Can 'allegedly' be applied to the room where the attorney will meet her client, too? How the privacy could be secured? When BK will be allowed to write his notes and read, for example documents brought by his lawyer? How it works?
Attorney/client meetings can't be monitored or recorded. But you never know. Any time I meet a client in jail/custody, I try to keep it simple and sensitive stuff still whispered. I can take in documents and take notes that are not subject to inspection by jail staff.

I have followed this story on WS since the beginning, didn't sign up to get the benefit of commenting until around thread 15, and do my best to read every single post & every MSM but I gotta tell ya..... I have never seen a more real, logical, knowledgeable group of geniuses research facts and share intellectual opinions and POVs on true crime cases in my life!!

I feel like, if every police Detective came to this website and read the thoughts shared when looking for a "fresh set of eyes", there would not be nearly as many cold cases as what exists today.

FTR, this only goes for WS, not 'the others' that allow right-field speculation, rumors, and unreliable sources to fuel their discussions. And on that note, a quick shout out to the mods for Keeping. It. Real!

P.S. Adding in the flight monitoring is basically the icing on the cake with you misfits!! LMAO!!!

Wondering whether BK’s plan was to make the cross-country trip with the Elantra and fly home.. or sell the car and buy a new one. Just seems a bit crazy to drive that distance when planes are available?
Also, if I had a relative within such close proximity of a crime of this multitude and I knew that they had the same car that was being look for, I would ask, did the cops want to speak to you? Perhaps BK was asked and perhaps he lied… perhaps he needs to hurry up and land because my head is absolutely fried.

When I first read that, I read, "defense team has hired a vegan Washington state crime scene reconstruction expert."

Watching-a-flight-on-screen-for-hours eye fatigue.

They're gonna need an extra set of pots for that courtroom...

Between Air Bryan and the various operations of the defence team this must be the most minute-to-minute case I've followed for ages.

The FBI isn't in charge of this case.
The FBI has been working on the investigation since the beginning with dozens of agents, so they are part of the investigative team, and maybe there's something about "crossing state lines" that allows them to do things like transport in a more secure or cost effective manner, and take it out of the hands of ID and PA. JMOO

"Usually, US Marshals transport prisoners heading across state lines," said Brady McCarron, deputy chief of public affairs for the US Marshals Service. "But on this occasion, the FBI is handling that per their request."

The FBI insisted on transporting the suspect in the deaths of 4 college students back to Idaho

Attorney/client meetings can't be monitored or recorded. But you never know. Any time I meet a client in jail/custody, I try to keep it simple and sensitive stuff still whispered. I can take in documents and take notes that are not subject to inspection by jail staff.

Will he be allowed to read and write in his room/place? Will he be allowed to go out for fresh air and to exercise?

Very good explanation! Thank you!
You mentioned 'allegedly' in relation to non-recording lines. Can 'allegedly' be applied to the room where the attorney will meet her client, too? How the privacy could be secured? When BK will be allowed to write his notes and read, for example documents brought by his lawyer? How it works?
I said allegedly because there have been scandals where non-recorded lines were actually recorded and entire cases had to be thrown out because of police misconduct. This can happen by mistake - like if someone at the jail does not realize it is an attorney calling - or maliciously because the jail doesn't care about inmate rights.

So there are just practical "tips" defense lawyers try to follow to minimize the risks to clients. Where I practice, you can call the local jails or state prison and let them know up front that you are an attorney, provide your attorney registration, and essentially pre-register your phone number so they know you are an attorney when you call to speak to your client. You have to tell your client to be very clear that they want to call their ATTORNEY when they arrange to call out. And you just generally would tell your client to be cautious because if he's on the phone yelling how he's guilty, maybe another inmate might hear or a guard. You just want to take steps to preserve your client's rights.

In terms of meeting rooms, I've never personally heard about an attorney conducting a client interview in a taped room. It would be a serious violation of the defendant's right to counsel similar to the drug lab crisis in MA that resulted in many convictions being thrown out.

I don't understand the statements. It seams obvious there is blood everywhere. Does clean crime scene refer to BK's DNA?
Cross contamination between rooms - cross contamination of what.

IMO did he leave evidence or not. It's not a food or pharma lab... cross contamination seems like it would be a disadvantage to investigators.
Oh for sure, that piece was odd & honestly seemed like it could have gone unsaid-4 people were stabbed to death-seems logical (and the visualization it causes -Oye), but for me it was the note of the “haphazard” that caught me. It made me think of BK and his mindset. This to me, IMO, MOO, comes across as is was done in rage, not using any plans to be cautious of leaving evidence behind, maybe scattered thinking, etc.

Can any of the legal folk on this thread speak to whether BK’s attorney could be with him during transport and/or whether they might have spoken by phone while he was in custody in PA?
Criminal Defense Attorney: it would be very unusual for an attorney to be present for inmate transport, and I expect that the transporting agency would cite security concerns if such a request were made. The defense would likely need to have a fairly compelling reason, and make a motion to the court in the jurisdiction that is providing transport.

They may have spoken by phone, but it would have to be on a secure, private, and non-recorded line. Sometimes there are concerns that the attorney phone line is not truly secure, in which case calls would be avoided.

Given the present status, where the defense hasn't even reviewed the affidavit, discussions would primarily be procedural in nature, and would not go deeply into facts of the case. Those things will be addressed with his attorney in Idaho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx