ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear -- we've all seen the traffic stop videos for ourselves where Hancock County, IN Sheriff warned BK about following a van too close, and an IN State Trooper warned him about following a tractor-trailer too close.

Nothing about speeding as previously tweeted. Facts matter -- just saying.
Agreed. Facts do matter. That's why I am still looking for compelling evidence that LE was tracking the car from Pullman.

CNN on 12/31 published an article with this headline: "Authorities tracked the Idaho student killings suspect cross-country to Pennsylvania, sources say." It opened the article with this line: "Authorities tracked the man charged in the killings of four Idaho college students all the way to Pennsylvania and surveilled him for several days before finally arresting him on Friday, sources told CNN." If you had only read the headline or the headline and first sentence, it would be reasonable to assume that LE started tracking the suspect in Pullman. Yet later in the article, they said, "Authorities began tracking him at some point during his trip east from Idaho." Big difference.

Authorities tracked the Idaho student killings suspect cross-country to Pennsylvania, sources say | CNN

I said allegedly because there have been scandals where non-recorded lines were actually recorded and entire cases had to be thrown out because of police misconduct. This can happen by mistake - like if someone at the jail does not realize it is an attorney calling - or maliciously because the jail doesn't care about inmate rights.

So there are just practical "tips" defense lawyers try to follow to minimize the risks to clients. Where I practice, you can call the local jails or state prison and let them know up front that you are an attorney, provide your attorney registration, and essentially pre-register your phone number so they know you are an attorney when you call to speak to your client. You have to tell your client to be very clear that they want to call their ATTORNEY when they arrange to call out. And you just generally would tell your client to be cautious because if he's on the phone yelling how he's guilty, maybe another inmate might hear or a guard. You just want to take steps to preserve your client's rights.

In terms of meeting rooms, I've never personally heard about an attorney conducting a client interview in a taped room. It would be a serious violation of the defendant's right to counsel similar to the drug lab crisis in MA that resulted in many convictions being thrown out.
Just a random note on this. The Courtney Clenney murder case, I watched her interview and nearly fell off my seat after realising at one point her attorney came in, it was just her and him talking then, he knew the room was recorded no was watching what he was saying but I never thought an attorney would engage in any dialogue about a case alone with their client in a recorded police interrogation room.. now the recording is on youtube…

Last edited:
Will he be allowed to read and write in his room/place? Will he be allowed to go out for fresh air and to exercise?
I hope he was thinking of these things today. “Last plane ride for awhile” “Wonder when I’ll smell fresh air again!” Probably not since he seems to think he’ll be exonerated-but it’s nice to think about.

Bet he feels super important right now. Evacuated the airport for him and all.
Lol. ^^^

If he's convicted, the harsh realities of life will thrust themselves upon him in prison.
He may spend the rest of his life evaluating his decisions; but at least he'll be alive.

Seriously, I wonder who is funding this new atty. for BK ?
Imo.

Good point. Just thinking, would you want to be near the crime scene for their rest of you life, and always be the relative of BK in the public eye?

I assume that if he is convicted, it would be a state prison in Idaho.

I’d want to attend every minute of the trial—because my impression is that it won’t be televised, and I’d go crazy, trying to depend on tweets of random reporters.

You’re right—can’t imagine wanting to live there forever.

Good point. Just thinking, would you want to be near the crime scene for their rest of you life, and always be the relative of BK in the public eye?

I assume that if he is convicted, it would be a state prison in Idaho.
I’d rent my house out and use that money to rent a place close to the trial area. Then move back home after it’s over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member