ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering more about the info that the stops were requested by the FBI, not the release of the body cam footage

Ah, well, I don't think the FBI is going to hold any press conferences or explain their methods. I do think that even Fox news is going to be careful about implicating the FBI without cause or source.

There will be other news sources later, and perhaps eventually an interview with one or more of the young officers.

I'd check local SM for more, I'm sure it's buzzing over in Indiana.

Why would it be "without cause"? If the FBI asks, there's your cause IMO.

I think this speaks to their due diligence extremely well. We're 99% sure we have our guy, the clock is running so let's get whatever we can without spooking him.

As someone noted: Not a petty crime. Anyone in the FBI who has seen the crime scene in person or in photos knows locking down this case is paramount.

JMO
What I'm wondering is if any incriminating evidence found during these traffic stops is admissible at trial?

Can police detain someone for a false traffic stop to search for evidence? Seems like it could be a problem to me.

If however the police have dash cam evidence of speeding and tailgating can any incriminating evidence captured on their body cams be allowed at trial?

I'm not sure about this so I'm asking.

<modsnip: quoted post removed>
I have to say, the footage the patrol officers obtained was a little disappointing. Obviously the second video is a big improvement over the first, but the officer's arm is positioned directly between his bodycam and BK's hands for the better part of the traffic stop!!
Yes but watch closely to the officers wrist "watch" that I believe has a camera in it. But of course I'm also one of the ones on board with the traffic stops being more of a look-and-see type stop. While I'm at it. I also think BCK needs a xray of his hands to rule out anything that could be lodged inside or to just make sure he's healing nicely.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response.
I'm going to hold off on calling that a fact until there is video that verifies it.

That will likely be at trial. Unless you include sources other than MSM. Maybe contact a reporter and ask them for more info? They usually respond.

I sure hope we aren't going to expect eyewitnesses (who later speak to reporters or to LE) to whip out their phones in order to be believable. I think that's a dangerous precedent.

It'll be the same with the stalking and the phone pings - eyewitnesses will emerge, there will be non-video digital data.

My opinion, but, LE can and do pull people over for whatever reason they want to, without cause.

They're not supposed to (Police Academy 101 and 102). BUT, in this case, the officers specifically state that BCK was speeding and, especially tailgating - both things are cause to be pulled over.

That's why only dumb criminals speed and tailgate.

He just doesn't look as tall as he looked like he would be based on the individual photos of him MSM was posting when he was first arrested. To me he looked like he could have been 6'3" but in more recent photos, he looks more like 5'11"-ish (give or take an inch or so).

IMO
I've seen him reported as 6 feet tall.

Both of these links describe him as 6 foot and 185 pounds. I assume from booking records but not sure. MOO

What I'm wondering is if any incriminating evidence found during these traffic stops is admissible at trial?

Can police detain someone for a false traffic stop to search for evidence? Seems like it could be a problem to me.

If however the police have dash cam evidence of speeding and tailgating can any incriminating evidence captured on their body cams be allowed at trial?

I'm not sure about this so I'm asking.

It wasn't a false traffic stop. Where are you finding that?

It probably won't be needed at trial, as by now, they have better, forensic evidence about his hands or whatever it is.

I bet they do have dash cam evidence of speeding and tailgating. .And I wonder if he slowed down right away when they hit the lights. Also, he doesn't know how to properly remove his car from traffic flow on an interstate. Tsk.

I just don't think any of this will appear at trial. There are 10 other ways to convict him without getting down into the weeds. Forensic examination will show whatever injuries there are, even if they appear healed in ordinary light to the naked eye.

Definitely seems like they knew exactly what they were looking for if he was changing the registration/plates on the Hyundai. I believe they even noted something about the license plate being indecipherable. Looking back it was almost like they phrased it because it could be PA or WA that someone may have remembered.

Yeah, that actually does make sense. So many of us were confused as to why there was no license plate and this explains it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member