ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the FBI had troopers pull over BK to gather incriminating evidence would there have to be proof that the stop was for a traffic infraction?

In other words can police pull someone over without cause to see if they can discover evidence to be used against them at a future trial?
Why would it be "without cause"? If the FBI asks, there's your cause IMO.

I think this speaks to their due diligence extremely well. We're 99% sure we have our guy, the clock is running so let's get whatever we can without spooking him.

As someone noted: Not a petty crime. Anyone in the FBI who has seen the crime scene in person or in photos knows locking down this case is paramount.

JMO

What law enforcement source leaked the info about the traffic stops after the gag order was issued?

This. Several of us said it was just too far-fetched that he was stopped twice in the same state. They did it on purpose and it was obvious, though it wasn't obvious why. So what, the first video didn't get good pics of his hands so they needed a second cop to pull them over?

It seems to me that if LE has good reason to believe that the murders happened because BK targeted one or more of the victims, maybe they assumed LE pulling BK over on the highway wasn't risky to LE because the only ones in danger from him were the victims he targeted.

That's assuming that it is true that the FBI had ISP stop the car, of course. I remain unconvinced.

Body cam video is considered public most places, and all that's needed to release it is a FOIA request. It's already out on various SM sites. Plus, if it's considered public (like a police blotter), it's not a leak.

Everyone knew what they were doing here. The gag order was in the future when this was released, which of course is the key fact.
I was wondering more about the info that the stops were requested by the FBI, not the release of the body cam footage

No. It's eyewitnesses who have come forward. Although somewhere there's an article that mentions him in a grocery store - and LE will likely try to collect video from that store.

Eyewitnesses still exist. After someone like BCK is taken into custody, people come out and talk, because they were afraid to do so before. Gloves were mentioned (I believe it was someone in Pennsylvania who mentioned it, but MOO, don't quote me; there is MSM on it, but I don't have it at my fingertips).

SO, MOO.
The article quoted a an anonymous text message (seriously) of unknown origin (yes, seriously) that claims it’s from a LE friend in Pennsylvania. All names are whited out. It made it from a Facebook group, traveled around the web and found its way into a DailyMail article. Where they included a screenshot of the text message. Barely acknowledging that there’s literally no way to verify it.

The NY Post ran with the story. But instead of attributing it to the text message. They said it was a “source” and linked to the DailyMail story. Those two articles likely birth others with even more abstract descriptions of the source of the information.

And that folks, is how you launder internet (likely) fake news.

Sidenote: the text message looks like it came from a iPhone 3 and ran through a million photocopiers before a screenshot was taken. A common way these fakers like to launder their info is by doing little things like this. “If this was a fake it would look a lot more polished. Since it doesn’t look authentic it must be!”

Does anyone else use Vinelink to get info on inmates? I never received notification that BK had left PA.

BRYAN KOHBERGER​

Custody Record
Age28
GenderMale
RaceWhite
PA: Monroe County Correctional Facility
ID Number202200*****
Custody StatusTransferred
Custody DetailAnother Facility
Due to the current status, updates on this record are no longer available. If you have any questions, please contact the facility.

BRYAN C KOHBERGER​

Court Record
Age28
GenderMale
ID: Latah County Courthouse
Case NumberCR292*****
Case StatusPending

Last edited:
Has anyone from the outside world corroborated the boxing thing? Like “yes, he boxes at our gym” or the like? Just wondering if boxing was an easy excuse to make an alibi for wounds to his face and hands that may have been occurring. He started “boxing” in high school from what I’ve read, but I just wonder if anyone has actually watched him boxing.

IMOO
Not that I know of. I put the boxing claim in the same category as the heroin use claim..... pending, til better substantiated or proven.

Why would it be "without cause"? If the FBI asks, there's your cause IMO.

I think this speaks to their due diligence extremely well. We're 99% sure we have our guy, the clock is running so let's get whatever we can without spooking him.

As someone noted: Not a petty crime. Anyone in the FBI who has seen the crime scene in person or in photos knows locking down this case is paramount.

JMO

Also, tailgating.

Erratic driving by an FBI POI is cause. Everywhere, IMO. Doesn't even take that, IMO. At least, not in any of the states where I've lived.

Plus, FBI, InSP and the actual officers must surely have known about an Elantra out of Washington. InSP was using its LE rights to keep things on the down low.

I figure a whole host of team members wanted to know and assess the mental states of one BCK before, during and after his arrival at the parental home. They also wanted to assess the dad (seems unlikely to be the kind of guy to come out of the family home with a semi-automatic on his hip, doesn't he? But if he did - he's not a quick guy, he's also used to being law-biding, IMO). Son looks scared and off-guard. That is very useful information for the take-down phase of an arrest (which is always dangerous and in this case, could have gone haywire in SO many ways). Instead, it was executed flawlessly.

Has anyone from the outside world corroborated the boxing thing? Like “yes, he boxes at our gym” or the like? Just wondering if boxing was an easy excuse to make an alibi for wounds to his face and hands that may have been occurring. He started “boxing” in high school from what I’ve read, but I just wonder if anyone has actually watched him boxing.

IMOO

Well, yes, of course, IMO - but we are restricted to MSM and SM of the victims and the suspect here. And LE statements.

There are all kinds of places my mind goes to, as well. Not sure the year he started - or even if he was actually enrolled in HS at the time, no one has done a deep dive in MSM into his background.

If the FBI had troopers pull over BK to gather incriminating evidence would there have to be proof that the stop was for a traffic infraction?

In other words can police pull someone over without cause to see if they can discover evidence to be used against them at a future trial?
All is fair in love and murder investigations? JMO

No. It's eyewitnesses who have come forward. Although somewhere there's an article that mentions him in a grocery store - and LE will likely try to collect video from that store.

Eyewitnesses still exist. After someone like BCK is taken into custody, people come out and talk, because they were afraid to do so before. Gloves were mentioned (I believe it was someone in Pennsylvania who mentioned it, but MOO, don't quote me; there is MSM on it, but I don't have it at my fingertips).

SO, MOO.
Thanks for your response.
I'm going to hold off on calling that a fact until there is video that verifies it.

Does anyone else use Vinelink to get info on inmates? I never received notification that BK had left PA.

Yes, I use that site. Notices don't always show up immediately. They seem to need time to transfer paperwork and admit into a new facility. But eventually they will notify.

My opinion, but, LE can and do pull people over for whatever reason they want to, without cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90