ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI is not calling the shots in this case. They do in federal offenses, but this is Idaho's case. The FBI was assisting Idaho, not running the investigation. I bet anything those federal cases were likely drugs too.
Agree. The roles are well defined. This is a state crime. Extradition between states and they didn’t want wait for US Marshal air transport.

FWIW, meat might be the most expensive item they buy and this diet is cheaper
They could give him a can of beans and it would be vegan and nutritious. Agree, and to others posting that a vegan diet is somehow going out of the way to provide for a suspect of a quadruple homicide, eating vegan can be cheap and easy.

Agree. MOO BK drives aggressively, too fast and tailgates, that is why he wa stopped.

I was wondering if he was following close behind other cars to try and avoid his front numberplate being picked up on any automatic cameras, toll roads, or parked speed trap police cars with automatic numberplate scanning.

Being picked up twice for tailgating is unusual imo

IMO, this is not who I pictured committing the crime. I was expecting someone more disturbed/evil looking.
Same. I think there's a 2nd suspect."We're operating on the assumption that at least one of the victims knew the person or persons responsible," says the police source. "But nothing is really off the table. We don't want to rule anything out until we know for sure." people magazine

Thank you.

And I can't help thinking about all the people in jails across this country who have been served up a bologna sandwich tonight and have no choice but to eat it or else go hungry, and this guy demands and apparently gets...vegan.
Maybe they should improve all the meals provided to all the inmates across the country.

As a previous poster pointed out they are called whisper stops and per Whren they are legal and evidence is admissible (presuming there was a traffic infraction)
Here is a good read regarding them, can ignore the NC case specifics:
Shhhh! Whisper Stops and U.S. v. Bowman

I'm not anti LE in any way but between whisper stops (if in fact FBI guided), using public genealogy data and already getting close to violating gag order, I'm starting to feel a touch of unease about the steps being taken in this case.

ALL IMHO
Whatever it takes to get a brutal murderer off the streets (within the bounds of the law) is fine with me. Let public genealogy data become every rapist's and killer's worst nightmare, if it isn't already.

I was wondering if he was following close behind other cars to try and avoid his front numberplate being picked up on any automatic cameras, toll roads, or parked speed trap police cars with automatic numberplate scanning.

Being picked up twice for tailgating is unusual imo
1st speeding.
2nd tailgating.

Good point. I don't think I've ever seen a trooper step out of their patrol car without putting on a hat. However it's not required for giving a citation.

To verify whether a ticket is valid if a trooper is not wearing his or her hat, we asked Corrine Geller of Virginia State Police and Rob Snyder of Maryland State Police.
“The hat has no bearing on the validity of the ticket. It’s our department’s policy that a trooper must be wearing a hat when out of the building or making an arrest," Geller said. "But there’s nothing in state code that he must be wearing his hat when issuing a citation.”
"Absolutely a ticket is valid as long as a trooper is acting within the parameters of his job, that is absolutely a valid ticket," Snyder said. "Never heard that question before--I can imagine there’s been urban legends passed around from time to time."

I wasn't meaning the validity of the ticket. He didn't give one. I don't think that's a trooper. Look at his clothing and car and look at the other Trooper's clothing and cars from the March 2022 photo of when they got new vehicles for the Toll Road Route. I think he's a Fibby. Not even a stripe the his pants. All black dress. A black unmarked car. No Trooper hat.

indiana troopers?

Put yourself in ISP shoes. Imagine you are a trooper working a piece of highway with a colleague doing the same traffic enforcement a few minutes up the road…

A suspected killer traverses through your state, in a vehicle that has been widely publicized as being of interest.

If you were ISP: Would you prefer the public believe
1. It was all part of a grand master plan by the Feds
Or
2. You didn’t know anything about this crime or this car and let the car move along.

I may not be clear here but the leak certainly benefits public perception of the ISP

MOO

Okay just a little clarification on my jail food post.

I can understand accommodating jail food because of religious or allergy reasons. I'm fine with that. Those are necessities.

But if your food choices are not such a necessity but a choice, then I don't think the jail is obligated to go out of their way to accommodate you.
Nobody is going out of their way to accommodate his special diet in a jailhouse. JMO. A vegan meal is likely more sides than the usual meat and sides. You dig?

ANY TAKERS?
Is it all coming from NN? Is Fox basically the same thing, now, as NN?
I doubt there will be a named source any time soon, but my own intuition says this story is the right one. InSP knew what they were doing and FBI was involved. I am betting. I'll bet a week's groceries.
@10ofRods You'll bet a week's groceries???
Is that groceries for a vegan diet or paleo diet?
(Asking for a friend. WINK)

But they are cops, right? And it’s kind of their job to keep tabs on bad guys? They are trained to put themselves in harm’s way in order to protect citizens. We aren’t privy to what information was given to the officers before the stops. For all we know there was a tracking device on the car and a listening device inside. Until we hear anything officially, we have no idea how this all went down.
Sure they are trained to put themselves in harm's way. But it shouldn't be needlessly so.

One of the most dangerous things a traffic cop can do is randomly stop a car that ends up being driven by a fleeing murderer, who can over react in that situation. If a cop knows the driver could be a fleeing felon they will take precautions and do a Felony Stop. They wait for back up, have weapons drawn and make the driver exit the vehicle, hands over head, walking g backwards.

If this rumour is true, the FBI asked these traffic cops to walk up alone to a car, being driven by a mass murderer, who may be very scared or upset about being stopped. That is an unnecessary danger, because the cops were going to arrest him when he got to PA. Who cares if they check his hands a day or 2 later?

It really bothers me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member