ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
even 4 weeks.. how likely is it that FBI would leak to Fox, of all people, seriously?
4 weeks you could potentially still have some markings , dependent on how deep they were. I still feel it looks like a deep cut on his wrist which had been ‘home stitched’!

It’s the fox part that casts doubts for me too.

"We have had other cases where offenders have been in areas of study that more or less prepare them to commit a crime," Mary Ellen O'Toole told CNN on Sunday.

If he is guilty, Kohberger's "area of study is not a result of cause and effect," she stressed, noting studying the criminal mind did not "cause him to do this."
"He's interested in this, but the ideation of committing a violent crime had to already be there in order to motivate him to commit the crime," O'Toole said.
"So, this was kind of a conduit to explore what he was already interested in doing."

This from a former senior FBI profiler, Mary Ellen O’Toole.

Updated: JAN 5, 2023 / 05:49 AM CST

(NewsNation) — The man accused of killing four University of Idaho students in November is expected to appear in an Idaho courtroom for the first time Thursday facing four counts of first-degree murder and felony burglary.

Bryan Kohberger’s return to the state also means that the court can unseal the probable cause affidavit, which will have information about what led to Kohberger’s arrest.

The 28-year-old doctoral student at Washington State University arrived in Moscow on Wednesday evening after flying under armed guard from Pennsylvania. He was then taken to the Latah County Jail in Moscow.

The public release of court documents could shed some light on Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson’s reasons for accusing Kohberger in the Nov. 13 stabbing deaths of Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin and answer key questions about how authorities built a case against him.

Updated: JAN 5, 2023 / 05:49 AM CST

(NewsNation) — The man accused of killing four University of Idaho students in November is expected to appear in an Idaho courtroom for the first time Thursday facing four counts of first-degree murder and felony burglary.

Bryan Kohberger’s return to the state also means that the court can unseal the probable cause affidavit, which will have information about what led to Kohberger’s arrest.

The 28-year-old doctoral student at Washington State University arrived in Moscow on Wednesday evening after flying under armed guard from Pennsylvania. He was then taken to the Latah County Jail in Moscow.

The public release of court documents could shed some light on Latah County Prosecutor Bill Thompson’s reasons for accusing Kohberger in the Nov. 13 stabbing deaths of Kaylee Goncalves, Madison Mogen, Xana Kernodle and Ethan Chapin and answer key questions about how authorities built a case against him.
Still no time though!

They don’t process the memories the way we would? That makes sense I guess. Because it seems if you did this, you would relive it every second , like watching a horror movie.

I’ve heard how people love horror movies and even laugh at them. I would cry and have nightmares and could never get that stuff out of my head. That’s why I don’t watch them. Are those the kind of people it takes to kill someone? Frightening.
During the moment of his actions could he possibly black out? And doesn’t remember specifics because of all the adrenaline/ anger etc?And even today it’s blocked from memory?

Does the Gag order just stay until/unless someone doesn't want it..or does the new judge also make a decision? I'm not sure I worded myself correctly, but I'm just curious how the Gag order goes. I'm guessing it's all encompassing but I really have no clue. Not a lawyer, clearly.

"We have had other cases where offenders have been in areas of study that more or less prepare them to commit a crime," Mary Ellen O'Toole told CNN on Sunday.

If he is guilty, Kohberger's "area of study is not a result of cause and effect," she stressed, noting studying the criminal mind did not "cause him to do this."
"He's interested in this, but the ideation of committing a violent crime had to already be there in order to motivate him to commit the crime," O'Toole said.
"So, this was kind of a conduit to explore what he was already interested in doing."

This from a former senior FBI profiler, Mary Ellen O’Toole.
I recall her giving this interview or answering a similar question on one of the TV channels just after he'd been arrested. I thought she was quite defensive in her tone.

Thanks, I found it and edited my previous post. I wish I would learn patience and catch up on the entire thread before I post. Anyway, perhaps there is a camera on his watch?
I did wonder about why he had his hand positioned like that as it seemed to block the view of BK hands, which was supposedly the point of the stop.

Does the Gag order just stay until/unless someone doesn't want it..or does the new judge also make a decision? I'm not sure I worded myself correctly, but I'm just curious how the Gag order goes. I'm guessing it's all encompassing but I really have no clue. Not a lawyer, clearly.
not a lawyer either

the order says that the judge may modify this order but as the order stands right now, it's in ' full force & effect' until time of the verdict . ( on page 2)

He looks “normal” in this picture.
I feel sad for his family seeing these pictures everywhere.

I think most alleged murderers or convicted murderers look pretty normal- people have commented on his eyes, but if you did not know he was being accused of murder, I don't think his eyes would be considered "dead" or "weird". He looks normal to me: I really hate the thought he could be the monster that committed this horrible crime. It really shakes your faith (if we have any faith left) in humanity, when someone like this young man could have committed such a horrendous crime. I think a jury will initially have to get past how normal he looks, and his impressive educational background. He will be dressed in a suit- for all intents and purposes looking like co-counsel! His attorneys are going to play up all of his great qualities while victim-shaming the decedents-- you know how it goes- they are going to make those young women (especially the women), look like all they did was party- had all kinds of people in the house- blah blah blah. Get ready.

Extremely smart decision by both the Court and BK's attorney's to push for the gag order. The amount of media craziness around this case now is insane. If they hadn't, it would've been really easy for something to slip which might taint a jury pool, help a push for a mistrial, etc. While I want to see the PCA and hear evidence links as well, the important part is obviously securing a fair trial for BK so he has zero wiggle room legally.

BK changes licence plates 5 days after murder? If this is true, he must be the registered owner of the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties