ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are in the UK and wanting a stream, court TV on sky channel 179. They just had a defence attorney and former prosecutor on discussing it saying that the public should look at the bigger picture. He said yes they obviously have something on BK and he hopes they have the right person but we should reserve judgement until all info is released and it doesn’t mean he is definitely guilty. He specifically talked about the lack of injuries on BK and is more sceptical about it all.

Edited to add - not a live stream but they are discussing it.
Can you provide a link?

If the police said no signs of sexual assault, I take that as there being no evidence at the scene of a sexual assault, thus no evidence of a sexually motivated crime. I would stake my house on BK’s semen not being present at the crime scene… then again, just my opinion.

Remember that sexual motivation is not at all the same as sexual assault.

MOO

If you read it closely “there was no information available” you COULD take it to mean that Indiana law enforcement as a whole were not given a general alert/ a BOLO. He doesn’t necessarily say he wasn’t told to stop him. I think the second officer was random (the one that was more chummy and got mostly footage of the car) and the first officer was assigned (the one who was a little more assertive and annoyed sounding and got footage of the passengers). JMO
Or you could take this that Bryan is a bad driver and that is why he was pulled over. Imo.

The push by some to include BK's parents in this and saying they just had to know are for the same reasons everyone was concocting these elaborate conspiracies to begin with blaming JD and/or "Adam", drug cartels and God knows who else. It's the same reason why - regardless of your personal thoughts - that the JFK assassination must be this elaborate conspiracy - because one angry man with a weapon just couldn't have possibly done all this.

It paints life in such a fragile light - that literally four happy, healthy and vibrant young adults could be brutally murdered in their own home by a seeming stranger. Some people's minds cannot reconcile that life can end that easily, quickly and randomly. There just has to be more to it - because that explanation would be easier to think that multiple entities conspired to kill these four and get away with it vs. a psychopath who became obsessed with murder did it all himself.

I get the fragility this paints human life and humanity in but the truth sadly is - there are evil and/or mentally disturbed people in this world who are capable of planning and executing something like this much easier than any of us would want to believe.

MOO of course.
This reminds me of what K's dad said. He said that they did everything right. They did everything they were taught to do to remain safe. They did not go out alone. They took a rideshare home with a driver they trusted. Then, they were the most unsafe in the place they were supposed to be the safest. It is almost impossible to grasp that you can do everything right, take as many precautions as possible, and still have something tragic happen because a maniac saw you at a bar, at the grocery store, or getting off the school bus. The randomness of it. The lack of control that we all ultimately have, is terrifying.

I agree with this to an extent. Yes, we need to wait for the evidence. The legal system here is the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. But personally, I'm not reading into his lack of injuries. IF he is the one that killed them, he did it in their sleep. Its not like they saw it coming and had time to formulate a plan to defend themselves. MOO.

IF he is the one that killed them, he did it in their sleep. Its not like they saw it coming and had time to formulate a plan to defend themselves. MOO.

I have been a victim of domestic violence in the past a few times (not anymore) - I can confirm that attackers wont always have injuries - you are basically curling up into a ball , shielding your head, when the attacker is much bigger (and this was without any weapon except hand palm /fist ) . with a knife added in, their first instinct would be self protection , apart from confusion and bewilderment coming out of sleep, if they even did come awake. Hate violence.

Potential Release of PCA Today
9:30 PT; 10:30 MT: 11:30 CT; 12:30 ET
An initial appearance could pave the way for authorities to release the probable cause affidavit, the document authorities used to justify Kohberger's arrest and obtain a warrant, which has so far been sealed pending his return to Idaho.
The affidavit would "tell us an awful lot," CNN legal analyst and criminal defense attorney Joey Jackson told CNN earlier this week, namely, "Why is he under arrest, what is the justification for holding him and for going after him from a prosecution perspective."

I'd estimate 2 years before it comes to trial.
And that's being generous.
IANAL but I believe in Idaho under their speedy trial requirements that the clock starts ticking when charges are filed at the Prelim/then your trial mst occur within 180 days of when the charges are filed
Maybe a lawyer has already weighed in ? IMO

If you are in the UK and wanting a stream, court TV on sky channel 179. They just had a defence attorney and former prosecutor on discussing it saying that the public should look at the bigger picture. He said yes they obviously have something on BK and he hopes they have the right person but we should reserve judgement until all info is released and it doesn’t mean he is definitely guilty. He specifically talked about the lack of injuries on BK and is more sceptical about it all.

Edited to add - not a live stream but they are discussing it.
A bigger picture? There is no picture at all, to begin with. I was sceptical yesterday, even more today.

Reactions: IDK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member