ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding roomate seeing /hearing what she did, the shock of it all could cause a person to " shut down", go numb, block it out, stuff it deep inside. I say that as only moo, but I went thru a trauma, and blocked it out, could not deal until some time had passed. You just do not know what you would/could do until something happens to you. Horrible, just makes me cry for all in that house, their family/friends. A Horror!

Sometimes when someone smokes too much weed, and maybe has also been drinking, they order food@4am (munchies). Sometimes if you smoke/vape too much your reality becomes distorted and you don't trust everything that your brain is processing. You might just tell yourself to go to sleep -sleep it off because nothing is making sense. You are too high. This happens. Just speculating.

Fully speculation, but young people are terrified to call the police if they are drunk or high underage. I know it seems counterintuitive when the stakes are so high, but I had my car broken into when I was 19 and never called the police until the morning because I was high and drunk when I heard the break in that night. I'm not saying it's logical, just saying that when you're young sometimes you don't fully understand how little cops care about you drunk when the actual crime is this severe.

Yes. I worked in a law firm where one of the lawyers was working on a case where a student died from a reaction to an illegal substance they had taken voluntarily and their friends hadn't called for an ambulance because they were scared of getting in trouble. It's very different when you're in your early 20s in my opinion. You don't see the police as people to help but as a threat. I was followed home once and it didn't even cross my mind to call the police, although of course now I would. Also, we know that the police had been to this house several times because of noise issues and so it is more than likely that they wouldn't want to call the police just in case there was an innocent explanation and they were scared of getting in trouble for having a party/ making noise/ smoking weed/ drinking underage etc etc. Also we don't know if she was inebriated. I was mugged on the way home once when I was a lot younger but because I was drunk the whole incident was a blur when I woke up and I slowly put some pieces together the next day but never fully remembered what exactly happened. I guess in most cases we get away with these things but unfortunately in this situation it was worst case scenario.

So turn volume down, call 911 and don't say a word. Cops will still come.
Will also point out in addition to being traumatized and not aware of everything we now know, roommate wouldn’t have known if there were a group of thugs around (inside or outside) If dark and you can’t see out the windows to woodsy areas, etc, that can make the “monsters” blow up tenfold. It can feel like further attack is imminent. JMO

Agree. Also, you can be sure that the police didn’t put all of their evidence in the Affidavit. That would be “giving away” their whole case to the defendant before he’s entitled to it via discovery process.
Also agree. I am hoping that the do have more DNA evidence than just on the sheath.

Wait... am I your friend? Because same. That is literally me. Just because BK had degrees and appeared smart means nothing as we can now see.
Idk. I'm more of a true-crime-brain than she. Clincher question; do you have a flare button and/or a matching tote which reads 'Google asks me for search results'? She does, and I immediately made a remark along the lines of 'as long as it's the big things, right?!' upon first seeing her with it, lol.

I don't see why else he takes a huge knife and breaks into the house.
I could suggest the following: sexual assault, the threat of violence, bulgary, and not necessarily murder. He probably needs the mental intention to murder, as well as the actual physical act of killing, to generally be guilty of the offence of murder (I am English law qualified, not US so not sure how the criminal law works in the US).

I still can't believe he just drove the car right up to the house, and multiple times nonetheless!
That's just wild, when so many were speculating about the perp parking somewhere else and walking in and out.
Or even jogging there and back.

Having read the 19 page affidavit for the second time I think that there was only one target (probably either KG or MM) but when he found them sharing the same bed he killed both. Then it was probably just bad luck that XM was still awake and she caught him coming back down. XM and EC were probably in the wrong place at the wrong time. DM saw him leave but he may not have necessarily seen her. I still wonder what the motive was for that target and specifically that house. And just why do it? Why murder 4 innocent people. It baffles me! So sad for them all and their families. JMO.

I have skipped hundreds of posts. I just scanned the PCA. OMG. Roommate D was on the 2nd floor.

He was in and out in about 15 minutes, is that right???
I've been saying that from the beginning. On the body cam footage from the cops (noise complaint call) they look into the windows and you can clearly see one lower level room looks like storage. IMO

I bet he didn't see roommate DM. He probably thought he killed all the occupants in the house.
He may have seen her but maybe a specific injury kept him from killing her. Maybe hoped she couldn't id him possibly. This is the big question

Clearly (and thank goodness), BK is not nearly half as brilliant as his former professor at DeSales thought he was
  • He seemed unaware that images/video of his vehicle would likely be found on surrounding surveillance.
  • He returned to the scene later that morning (in the same vehicle).
  • He apparently cased the area several times with his cellphone turned on and in the same vehicle he used the night of the murders. So, he seemed unaware that LE would be looking at cellphone patterns in that area and at surveillance on nights other than the night of the murders.
  • He did not leave his cellphone home the night of the murders.
  • He left his knife sheath at the scene with his DNA on it.
  • He left a surviving witness (thank God).
No way he had an accomplice because this is definitely not "two heads are better than one" thinking.
These careless actions always remind me of a comment made by a profiler in another case. Despite having intelligence, their mental state is such that what they think is clever planning will be seen the same way by others, they do not see the obvious fallacy in their thinking/planning. For someone to commit these 4 cold blooded violent deaths, they must think and feel differently then the rest of society. MOO

I leave my phone charging in the kitchen so it won't disturb my sleep. I wouldn't have been able to call 911 even if I wanted to.
I totally understand and agree, but I don't think a 20-year-old would ever be parted with her phone over night. Not blaming her at ALL.. but in my experience, anyone that age is usually completely attached to their cell — no matter what time of night or day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member