ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps she was hiding in fear that he may return. I don't feel one can easily judge the actions of someone when we don't know all the circumstances.
My VERY first thought. I would do the same thing. People react differently to sudden life or death traumatic events that disrupt normal everyday life. I freeze. It’s as if I’m paralyzed. My friend reacts with swift action. I would’ve been too scared to do anything except hide- from fear, paralyzed in shock and by the chance he was still present. I would have even been too scared to touch my phone. I know….. weird reaction maybe. I’m working on it. Fight, flight or freeze- I guess. Anyway, my heart hurts for the surviving women. The trauma they experienced is too much and I hope they find peace.

I wonder if she was doubting her own perception of reality and wondered if it was a figment of her imagination or a dream. MOO

I don't think so. She got the order at 4 am and was still on TikTok as of 4:12 am. The dog barking and whimpering is heard 5 minutes later (4:17).
Given than the knife sheath was left next to M's body, I am leaning towards she or K being BK's primary target. Also think it's probable that BK started his massacre on the 3rd floor (pre-4:12am) and then came down to the 2nd floor and killed X and E, since the camera that picked up the noises at 4:17am was 50 feet from X's room. By 4:20am he was out the door. I'm extremely troubled by the fact that he walked past D on his way out the sliding glass door and I think there is more to that interaction than what is written in the PCA. I also have questions about the weapon. I think it's unlikely he disposed of it. Did the PCA explicitly say that it was not found at the crime scene? (I know that LE said publicly they didn't have the weapon. I have a tingling sense that this may have been subterfuge. I don't want to go into more detail on this now -- will await more information).

Maybe the “there’s someone here” was KG or MM on the phone calls/voicemails to Jack?
IIRC, those calls were prior to 3 am. It kind of sounded to me like he was upstairs with M and K first. I'll need to reread the affidavit...

ETA: I read that part again. DM thinks it sounds like KG playing with her dog, so she opens her door the first time and hears who she thought was KG (but LE said could be XK) saying "someone is here." But the dog comment, along with the crying from XK's room after the dog playing sounds makes me think he was upstairs first. Plus, he left after the crying. The dog barking started at 4:17, along with the whimpering and thud. The camera was close to X's room.

Last edited:
I wonder what he was thinking because at this point the house was still quiet. No law enforcement....etc.
He could have gone back to the house & retrieved it. Why didn’t he turn his phone off at his home or did I misread & he did?

I thought that BK would have done a better job of covering his tracks. About the only thing he did was turn off his phone for awhile before and after the killings.

But the dummy left it on showing when he left his apartment and turned it back on after the killings but before he got home. This allowed LE to track his movements at the time of the murders. JMO.
Clearly (and thank goodness), BK is not nearly half as brilliant as his former professor at DeSales thought he was
  • He seemed unaware that images/video of his vehicle would likely be found on surrounding surveillance.
  • He returned to the scene later that morning (in the same vehicle).
  • He apparently cased the area several times with his cellphone turned on and in the same vehicle he used the night of the murders. So, he seemed unaware that LE would be looking at cellphone patterns in that area and at surveillance on nights other than the night of the murders.
  • He did not leave his cellphone home the night of the murders.
  • He left his knife sheath at the scene with his DNA on it.
  • He left a surviving witness (thank God).
No way he had an accomplice because this is definitely not "two heads are better than one" thinking.

Just because DM heard sounds, she had no idea her roommates were being murdered. She just kept being awakened by noise. Lots of noise and visitors coming and going wouldn't be unusual. IMHO.

Some of that noise was simply normal commotion (X receiving door dash at 4 am, being up and about at that time).
I am curious why he didn't go after DM?

I am glad they have so much evidence against him. I'm also surprised and pleased he was in their sights so quickly.. I'm sure they have so much more not in the PCA. Just my opinion but the look on his face in early reports vs booking into Idaho, it appears he looks more shocked... at what point did he learn the all evidence they had against him? Maybe the reality is setting in. I do feel sorry for his parents as now they realize exactly what their son has done. No parent wants to have to believe that.

It doesn’t add up with what we were told in the beginning. That the surviving room Mates slept through it (clearly at least one of them didn’t) and that the next day at 12pm they received a 911 call reporting a unconscious person.

Why wouldn’t she ring the police? I don’t understand it at all. Wouldn’t she call kaylee or maddie to tell them she’s just seen a random stranger in a mask in their house? What is going on
She was probably literally scared to death to make a noise or move. Maybe not near her phone.

Just finished reading the document, and although I have a pretty strong stomach, I feel like throwing up. The absolute terror of it all. Those poor kids. And DM will probably live with what she heard and saw for the rest of her life.

I will say that, to have likely thought he was smarter than those rural cops, and to have thought he would get away with the slaughters, the killer was not just sloppy and careless, but he was very sloppy and careless. His DNA on the knife sheath left beside MM's body alone will be more than enough to insure he never draws another breath as a free man, but LE clearly has sooo much more than just that. And yes, I definitely think this is a case that calls for the death penalty.

My heart goes out anew for the families of these lost souls, who now will learn that whatever they probably feared for their loved ones' final moments, it was that bad, or even worse. May God hold and comfort them. JMO
You said exactly what my 23yo son just said after reading this. BK thought the cops in Moscow where too towny and unsophisticated to be able to solve such a crime. He was sure to be able to out smart them. What a joke he is. These poor souls.

Just because DM heard sounds, she had no idea her roommates were being murdered. She just kept being awakened by noise. Lots of noise and visitors coming and going wouldn't be unusual. IMHO.

Some of that noise was simply normal commotion (X receiving door dash at 4 am, being up and about at that time).
Exactly.

Simply hearing crying or distorted emotional noises wouldn't be unusual of any college student, especially one living at this residence. And I can easily see how having so many others in the house would add to the false sense of security.

It would not be hard for a tired, very possibly intoxicated student to shrug off whatever sounds are emanating from the rest of the house, and say "screw it" and retreat to the safety of your room and let it go. Throw in the fact there was just a DoorDash delivery and that's another easy reason to convince yourself everything is fine and the noise is just noise.

I don’t think many people are blaming DM for not calling sooner. I think it’s natural for us to wonder and be curious about the timing of the 911 call. Imo.

However criticizing her is different from being curious and let’s remember that BK is the reason for ALL of this. Not her. Apologies for any past posts that may have come off the wrong way. I, like many others, are simply curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove