ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the timeline is so tight, I think DD and BK were in the area at the same time. I'd be curious to know the DD drivers route and if he/she noticed the white car driving around.... couldn't have been many drivers at that time of the morning.
College town, maybe more than one would think. JMO

I kind of feel like the crying and the "I will help you" was the sinister end.
Yes. sinister. And chilling. I think the problem whole lots of people have in figuring that out is that they are sane, empathic people. Like most of us we would not understand why a concentration camp guard might get their inner sadism on by politely helping an old lady though the gas chamber door. The killer was likly just getting the vitim to stop fighting back as they killed them.

Maybe this has already been pointed out, but that second page appears to be nothing more than the blank back of page 1. The "redacted" stamp is backwards, as it would appear through the back of the paper. Page 1 and page 3 read consistently from one to the other, so I don't think there was any other whole page of redacted material. That's just my opinion, though.

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like he was intimidated by women who stood up to his bullying in this instance documented by a restaurant/brewery he went to:

"Bryan Kohberger, accused of brutally murdering four University of Idaho students, allegedly frightened women staffers at a Pennsylvania brewery near his hometown, according to a report.

... [...] ...

Kohberger, who usually sat alone at the bar “observing and watching,” stood out for his interactions with employees and patrons, Serulneck said.

... [...]...

Kohberger would ask women — staff or customers — who they were at the brewery with, and where they lived, Serulneck said. If the women weren’t interested, “he would get upset with them a little bit.”

In one instance, Seruneck recalled he called an employee a “” when she declined to answer his questions"

Bryan Kohberger harassed women at Pennsylvania brewery: report
He just took his antisocial behavior to another venue IMO. This murderer has a long-time MO. We haven't heard the half of it.

MOO

IMO, what bothers me the most,is the fact that it sounds like the roommates were awake when this occurred. I thought the roommates were asleep, but it sounds like Xana was awake to answer the door for her food delivery. Not that it makes things any better, I was just under the assumption that they were in a deep sleep and that they did not suffer, now I am not so sure. How absolutely terrifying. With the whimpering and voices heard, I am inclined to believe that the roommates were TERRORIZED before they were killed.
Yes, i would think a lot of people thought the same, and when reading the affidavit realise they were probably awake. It’s just horrific.

That Mad Greek menu is barely veggie-friendly. If you're a strict vegan/vegetarian, you're not going to be driving 10 miles for two options (Greek salad and hummus with pita; questionable on the vegan pizza, unless they have a separate grill) that you could get in your own town. All the other dishes at Mad Greek can only be made vegan by removing items, which is fine in an emergency but not exactly geared to vegans. (I just hope the murderer enjoys nothing but peanut butter every day for the rest of his life.)
Maybe that is what pissed him off at people who worked there telling him that was vegan.

Yes, agree to a certain degree, as the affidavit refers to “in” which would convey, imo, under covers.. however, where I would look at is it’s a single bed, which for 2 grown women to sleep in when there is a free bed next door would make no sense, especially when her dog is in the household. also the roommate thinks she hears kaylee play with her dog. When I play my my cockapoo he makes sounds that anyone in my household would recognise as play. As I said, purely my own though trying to make sense of this horror
I think what she heard was the killer taking the dog into kaylees bedroom and shutting it in there. Murphy prob thought it was just another friend of the girls, until the dog found himself/herself shut off in Kaylees bedroom and the killing was happening in Maddie’s room. Maybe that’s when the barking started ?

Iirc the judge in PA asked him if he was on any medication that might alter his judgement when responding about extradition. He replied no.
I do not recall any mention or questions regarding mental illness or what type of meds. Just imo.
He was definitely asked about mental health issues as per this link:

From link:

While in court Tuesday afternoon, Kohberger said he understood what it meant to waive extradition. He also said he does not have mental health challenges.

End Quote

He was also asked about medications. I'll try to find the transcript referencing that.

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like he was intimidated by women who stood up to his bullying in this instance documented by a restaurant/brewery he went to:

"Bryan Kohberger, accused of brutally murdering four University of Idaho students, allegedly frightened women staffers at a Pennsylvania brewery near his hometown, according to a report.

... [...] ...

Kohberger, who usually sat alone at the bar “observing and watching,” stood out for his interactions with employees and patrons, Serulneck said.

... [...]...

Kohberger would ask women — staff or customers — who they were at the brewery with, and where they lived, Serulneck said. If the women weren’t interested, “he would get upset with them a little bit.”

In one instance, Seruneck recalled he called an employee a “” when she declined to answer his questions"

Bryan Kohberger harassed women at Pennsylvania brewery: report
She was ignoring him, not standing up to him. There's a big difference

This isn't unusual. LE lie and misrepresent things all the time for various reasons. Here, I'd say it was to try and not tip their hand to BK and to protect the surviving roommates or at least provide them with more of a sense of security than they would have had if it was announced they saw/heard the crime.
I agree. My point wasn't to critique, but to ask what else we may not know at this point or what possibilities we may not have considered because the facts of the crime as presented by LE were incomplete or inaccurate. Is it true that no murder weapon was found? Did the killer leave a message on the third floor? Did he remove anything from the scene?

First Thoughts after reading the PCA:

1. Bushy Eyebrows
2. DNA on Knife Sheath
3. Video of Car
4. How many cell towers are in Moscow

The first thing noticeable in the Defendant's pictures are his eyebrows, IMO. The state should have his DNA after executing a SW at his aparment, so any DNA match should now be a direct match and not have to rely on family genetic links. There seem to be various white cars out and about that night. How many of the videos showing white cars are actually the defendant's elentra.

Finally, if there is only one cell tower in Moscow, I am not sure how solid the cell phone ping data is....IMO

Last edited:
I wonder if BK left people alive in the house, for "reasonable doubt". He can say someone must have found his knife sheath. Planted it by the victim, to set him up. He can also say he was in the area, for any number of reasons..
more likely in my opinion he had one or two targeted and left after killing his target.

another simple explanation is he got surprised once, then twice finding two people per room, which would have been more of a challenge in avoiding leaving evidence, epically if residents 5 and 6 had been roused and he might have warred they had a boyfriend in their rooms too. Ethan may have been killed or debilitated in his sleep, but killer would not know that other wakened alerted males were not there as time went on and they would put up a fight, or perhaps shoot him.

The affadavit details DM's details of the events as Officer Brett Payne experienced them and were excellent. There was redacted information and I am unsure if that makes a difference or not in that the document is not complete. But what was publicized was excellent and the layout of the residence was quite clear in that alive victim BF's room was on the first floor and alive victim DM's room was on the second floor with deceased victims XK and her boyfriend EC. Deceased victims KG and MM rooms were on third floor. So the layout geographically speaking is why i think it is feasible as to why it was 8 hours before 911 was called using the phone of the dead victim as per ABC news report indicating there was an unconscious person in the residence. Likely used dead victims phone when they discovered the situation. Although it does not say who placed the 911 call and I am unsure if this is knowledge I am unaware of but has been published.

Coroner had already walked that back and said "some" were in their beds. "In their beds" and I'm not sure she ever said "asleep," but IIRC, she did. I don't want to have her say something she did it, so MOO. She definitely changed it to "some were in their beds" though.

Her last interview says she got to the house around 4 pm (and she didn't stay that long). I think she was overwhelmed, she looks really upset talking about it. Her first ever homicide case involving a knife.
Yes, I recall that now that you mention it. It sounds like Xana was actively up and about since she had food delivered and was watching TikTok. It was likely her saying someone's here to Ethan, maybe waking him up. She gets up to go to the bedroom door to check things out and encounters BK. Ethan is still in bed, maybe sitting up and watching X, or has just slung his legs over the side of the bed to get up. It sounds like a terrifying few minutes!

I think what she heard was the killer taking the dog into kaylees bedroom and shutting it in there. Murphy prob thought it was just another friend of the girls, until the dog found himself/herself shut off in Kaylees bedroom and the killing was happening in Maddie’s room. Maybe that’s when the barking started ?
The thing is is it is MM's room directly above hers. KG's room is above the kitchen. DM heard noise from MM's room which DM *thought* was KG playing with her dog. She probably heard thumping, typical of play-wrestling or jostling with a dog, but was in actuality a murder.

I don't know. After today, it now feels so permanent. The victims are never coming back. It felt like some tv show until today, at least to me. My little brother and his girlfriend have so many parallels to X and E, makes me so sick to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member