ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It ordered BK not to contact any of them, not that they can’t contact each other.
Exactly. Additionally, when he appeared in court in PA, the Judge asked if he had any mental health disorders or if he was taking any meds for any such disorders and he answered "no", to my recollection.

Imo
Iirc the judge in PA asked him if he was on any medication that might alter his judgement when responding about extradition. He replied no.
I do not recall any mention or questions regarding mental illness or what type of meds. Just imo.

Back on 8/21, BH was at the King Rd house for an hour from 10:34p.m to 11:35p.m, per the PCA. That date fell on a Sunday. Now, it has been reported numerous times that the house at 1122 King Rd was a party house that used to have parties up to 5 times a week. Does anyone else think that it's possible there was a party that nite and that BK attended it? I can't think of any other reason why he'd be there at that time for an hour.

This was the night he was stopped by police, which would have happened shortly after leaving King Rd.

Agree 90%. But for precision I believe that event attributed to WSU (and mentioned in traffic stop I think by younger Kohberger as I think a distraction to get his father off of dangerously rambling to cop about them, and onto something unrelated) , was off campus and not a student. A 35(?) ish year old combat vet, who was not a student, with mental health issues, got into a dispute, made a threat to housemates, barricaded himself, let off a few rounds without hitting anyone and was shot dead by police. And that this did not take place on the campus but simply near it.

We should also bear in mind that idaho overall is very low homicide rate, and that number is actually much lower if you exclude Native American administered lands which have a very high elevated rate. (Not because that polaron has inherent violet tendencies, but just correlated to poverty there)

As far as suicide that happens a lot more in colleges than we realize. A lot, a whole lot, is misclassified as accidental.

Oh - thank you. I wasn't listing just student murders though. The murders in Moscow have mostly not been students (there's a student death still under investigation and possibly another one from the past where parents want more investigation).

Idaho does indeed have a low (by US standards) homicide rate and yes, especially if reservations are excepted. U of ID is nestled in one of the quietest parts of the state. Still, my hometown near Los Angeles has never had a triple homicide in its entire history (Moscow has 2-3 of those) much less a quadruple one.

College towns and mountain towns provide certain opportunities to criminals (serious crime by National Park employees or employees in gateway towns is a similar kind of thing). IMO, residential college towns are not all that safe, as a group of towns. It's just hard to convince students of that. In my region, it is actually the party houses and the clubs where college age people go to party that have the highest rate of public homicides.

This set of homicides is so peculiar, as it is in a private residence, not during a party at all. We may never know if BM was sober at the time, but it would seem so from what we know.

IMO, what bothers me the most,is the fact that it sounds like the roommates were awake when this occurred. I thought the roommates were asleep, but it sounds like Xana was awake to answer the door for her food delivery. Not that it makes things any better, I was just under the assumption that they were in a deep sleep and that they did not suffer, now I am not so sure. How absolutely terrifying. With the whimpering and voices heard, I am inclined to believe that the roommates were TERRORIZED before they were killed.

I am strongly suspecting that maybe MM was the only "lucky" one to be completely unsuspecting of what was going to happen to her...

Exactly. A person could be stabbed to death in a matter of seconds. This could easily have been done in 5 minutes and out the door, especially if it had been rehearsed in his mind. The thing that gets me is how did he know who was in what room? Nothing says that he knew, but it seems like he went straight for the victims. He apparently walked right by DM's room and never even looked in there.
I think it is plausible he was utterly surprised at finding any more than one person in each room. After second supine of two victims per room, it could have made him concerned about attacking any more rooms, especially if he thought he might have to deal with not just two victims per room, but roused ones.

And his concern from that increased challenge of two roused people per room, would not just be being successful in killing them, but in leaving little to no evidence from a struggle. The risk of leaving evidence increasing might have been in his mind as he stopped after two rooms

Any speculation or informed guessing as to what is on that one full page that was redacted?
I'm not sure. Maybe it's just a blank page and what was redacted was the ME's name. You could almost join the end of page 1 and start of Page three (see below), but it's not quite right. I originally suspected that there is more information regarding the scene and the wounds. I cannot understand why the other three could be identified with Stab wounds or wounds cause by an edge weapon, but Ethan's wounds could only be determined by the ME, unless maybe he was so wrapped in bedding they could not see the actual wounds. That might be pertinent to the case.

(words joined together from end of page 1 to beginning of page 3= "Also in the room was a male, later identified as Ethan Chapin, hereafter, "Chapin". Chapin was also deceased with wounds later determined (Autopsy Report provided by Spokane *join here* County Medical Examiner dated December 15,2022) to be caused by "sharp-force injuries." )

Back on 8/21, BH was at the King Rd house for an hour from 10:34p.m to 11:35p.m, per the PCA. That date fell on a Sunday. Now, it has been reported numerous times that the house at 1122 King Rd was a party house that used to have parties up to 5 times a week. Does anyone else think that it's possible there was a party that nite and that BK attended it? I can't think of any other reason why he'd be there at that time for an hour.

This was the night he was stopped by police, which would have happened shortly after leaving King Rd.

I was thinking that possibly he drove there after Mad Greek closed for the night, but while it closes at 11 pm Friday and Saturday, it closes at 8 pm Sunday through Thursday.

Yup! Makes sense! Weirdly, I was in a strange town visiting (in Idaho) and had to wait around for my cell screen to be repaired, so there was a Greek diner across. I don’t eat red meat (sometimes eat chicken, so Def not strictly vegan) and when I ordered the veggie bowl, the waiter inquired if I wanted the rice NOT simmered in chicken stock. I immediately thought of BK as it was the day after details came out regarding his dietary preferences, but didn’t make the possible Greek connection. I think your speculation is spot on.
That Mad Greek menu is barely veggie-friendly. If you're a strict vegan/vegetarian, you're not going to be driving 10 miles for two options (Greek salad and hummus with pita; questionable on the vegan pizza, unless they have a separate grill) that you could get in your own town. All the other dishes at Mad Greek can only be made vegan by removing items, which is fine in an emergency but not exactly geared to vegans. (I just hope the murderer enjoys nothing but peanut butter every day for the rest of his life.)

Not necessarily.
Defensive wounds only quite possible.
Ethan was as tall as him, far as I remember so I wonder how exactly that went down or if Ethan had actually been asleep when he was attacked?
The surprise and shock that DM experienced could also be applied to the other 4 victims. By the time his mind realized what was going on it was too late. JMO

I don't believe he would have actually gone inside the house and attended the party, but if he did he would have certainly stood out to the other partygoers, imo. Think it's much more likely that he was sitting in his car that was parked in a location that allowed him to see the house and/or was out of the car on foot watching from a hiding spot

So not everyone was asleep when attacked, as was previously stated.

Coroner had already walked that back and said "some" were in their beds. "In their beds" and I'm not sure she ever said "asleep," but IIRC, she did. I don't want to have her say something she did it, so MOO. She definitely changed it to "some were in their beds" though.

Her last interview says she got to the house around 4 pm (and she didn't stay that long). I think she was overwhelmed, she looks really upset talking about it. Her first ever homicide case involving a knife.

I would seriously doubt it. Guys like this are usually intimidated by women who actually stand up to their bullying, so I'd say if that had happened it would be more likely that it lessened the likelihood of him later attacking her than increased.
It doesn't sound like he was intimidated by women who stood up to his bullying in this instance documented by a restaurant/brewery he went to:

"Bryan Kohberger, accused of brutally murdering four University of Idaho students, allegedly frightened women staffers at a Pennsylvania brewery near his hometown, according to a report.

... [...] ...

Kohberger, who usually sat alone at the bar “observing and watching,” stood out for his interactions with employees and patrons, Serulneck said.

... [...]...

Kohberger would ask women — staff or customers — who they were at the brewery with, and where they lived, Serulneck said. If the women weren’t interested, “he would get upset with them a little bit.”

In one instance, Seruneck recalled he called an employee a “” when she declined to answer his questions"

Bryan Kohberger harassed women at Pennsylvania brewery: report

Trying to keep up with every page here but I had a meeting for the last hour so sorry if someone else already posited this.

I have a feeling BK has stalked and/or been a Peeping Tom before. What makes me say this is, according to the PCA where he was already around the King Rd house late at night at the end of August, and knowing he was attending school elsewhere last school year and so likely just moved to Pullman, WA this August/summer, he sure seemed to start stalking people very quickly upon moving to this new area. To me, that screams that this is just something he does, wherever he goes and wherever he lives, and he needed a new target/victim. No proof of this yet, just my theory.
Yes. I agree. I fear other victims are out there. The interval between his HS graduation & CC attendance in particular. I hope PA LE are on it. Having to defend a connection to other victims might make him plea out (if that's an option).
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member