ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is absolutely heartbreaking, no words can describe this, absolutely none
Have to give props to these police officers and detectives involved. How they managed to not tell everyone and basically pretend to not have some of this information is beyond me. Also, how they held it together during these press conferences knowing a lot of this information. I am barely holding it together just reading it on my computer screen.

Have to give props to these police officers and detectives involved. How they managed to not tell everyone and basically pretend to not have some of this information is beyond me. Also, how they held it together during these press conferences knowing a lot of this information. I am barely holding it together just reading it on my computer screen.
Agreed. Not to mention all the public criticism

If we look at only the information available to the surviving roommate, she knows only that:
1) Kaylee was with her dog.
2) A man was crying in X's room saying something along the lines of "I will help you"
3) A man with bushy eyebrows walks past her room and out the door wearing some type of mask.
She knows nothing, as far as we know, of stabs, blood, deaths, any violent crime, cell towers, DNA, cameras, Elantras, or a knife sheath. As far as she would know at that time, the man in the mask could have been the food delivery guy.

or she was threatened not to call LE for awhile
Or possibly:

1. The LE said the flatmates rang it in the next day at noon but that was a ploy to deceive BK and put him into a false sense of security.
2. DM may have been the unconscious one due to shock and it was BF that rang LE. I did find it surprising when LE said they were called to reports of an unconscious person - I’m sure you would be able to tell if the person was unconscious or had been stabbed (due to blood).

IMO.

Either way the flatmates are victims. They will be scarred for life.

If we look at only the information available to the surviving roommate, she knows only that:
2) A man was crying in X's room saying something along the lines of "I will help you"
3) A man with bushy eyebrows walks past her room and out the door wearing some type of mask.
She knows nothing, as far as we know, of stabs, blood, deaths, any violent crime, cell towers, DNA, cameras, Elantras, or a knife sheath. As far as she would know at that time, the man in the mask could have been the food delivery guy.
Bingo! Thank you for putting this out there.

Most food delivery guys don’t come in your house.

thread is moving very fast so forgive me if someone already mentioned something similar.

In regards to DM not calling until hours later:

i've been in 2 different situations where i've been woken up at night in emergency situations. I went up and handled or went to see what was going on, but since i was woken so abruptly during the night i was in a weird awake-but-asleep state. I processed everything that went down but not in that particular moment, if that makes sense. I was there, but no emotions, no actual thought processes, just... there.

once it was solved, i walked up to bed and fell asleep immediately. That was possible without any worry since i was still in that half-asleep zombie state.

Both mornings i woke up i thought i had dreamed the whole thing and was highly convinced so until i went downstairs and talked to someone. all of sudden i remembered every detail of the night and that it was not a dream at all. felt like a light switch turned on in my head. very weird experiences.

Could be that DM went through a similar sleepwalking state.

JMO

I do not blame the surviving roommate. She could be in extreme shock. also we can't emphasize enough that this was undergrad off campus housing and residents could have been desensitized to seeing and hearing all kinds of things, certainly including unknown guests in the house at all hours and all kinds of noises. I did not read that she saw him with a dripping knife. Dark clothes des not mean anything bad. And wearing a mask over nose and mouth is common.

I will say what is notable about it though is the defense attorneys will make something of it attempting to damage her credibility.

ADMIN REMINDER:
Heavy.com is an approved source for WS.
HOWEVER, we can ONLY discuss what is written in the approved article.
We CANNOT speculate or pose questions that prompt further sleuthing of the family.

CocoChanel
Administrator
Apologies---I posted a Medium post late at night that contained excerpts from trusted sources and I believe it was removed. I will try to do better and apologies for any inconvenience. Thank you for the guidelines.

From what I read neighbor has camera/audio 50 feet from e &x bedroom, it picked up voices of whimper followed by loud thud, a dog can also be heard.
Most camera's (especially the Ring type of camera) do not pick up audio alone. They are motion activated so there would of had to have been some type of motion that had already caused the camera to activate, for it to be able to then pick up any sounds.

Just think of how many times he unsnapped that sheath so he could practice and play with that knife. He goes to all the trouble to stalk, disguise himself, break into the house, carry out a frenzy of murder, walk casually past a living witness...and leave that sheath behind?
What a dope.
I also took note of his car. <modsnip: discussing diagnosis> I'll bet the forensics guys who are autopsying his car are finding all kinds of evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep going back to the interaction BK had with Staff at Seven Sirens Brewery in Pa., and how Staff documented his comments and direct behavior, and think it is possible he may have crossed paths either direct/indirect with them at the Greek restaurant or a local bar. Just a possibility, and then from there stalked them back to place of residence. I don't know too much about greek food and vegan diets but going to a bar alone is a known. AMOO

I agree - he might have seen them at Mad Greek (I think the PCA mentions some other places too, but I need to reread). He may have followed several other young women, as well, gradually closing in on his "perfect target." Interestingly, the street light nearest 1122 (at the apartment complex nearby) was inoperable that night. It was fixed afterwards (it's' in the media thread somewhere, impossible to find right now, so IMO, MOO),

Their house was his best target - and that may be why LE says he "targeted the house." They might have pings showing him lurking around other places too. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he found himself at parties in Moscow, after his vegan meal at Mad Greek (falafel, cucumbers, tomatoes, dolmades).

"Crossing paths" is the best way to put it.

Reading the PCA is heartbreaking... If Xana screamed would she have aroused the others or scared him? Would there be more victims or 911 called? So scary.

I'm so bothered by the crying/whimpering part... He probably told her if she was quiet he wouldn't harm her (hence him saying it's 'ok I'm going to help you'). This was jarring, as I don't know what I would do if ever in this situation myself.

So sad especially for Kaylee and Xana as I think they saw more the horrors and were awake.

Personally, the DNA part is the weaker one IMHO.

But - the car with one set of plates is a strong one.

<modsnip: no source link> BK's the vehicle registration ẁas changed to WA on November 18th. So it fits Penn's one set of license plates.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe LE tracked down the dasher and is was not BK.

Everyone deals with shock differently. When I was 20, I lived with an odd roommate. She told me she would be gone “for a few days until Tuesday”. On Monday, I came home after school and spent 8 hours seemingly alone at home. She never left her room once to use the bathroom or kitchen. When I went to my room around midnight and locked my door, I heard her bedroom door open. I was so paralyzed with shock and curled up like a baby in bed. I didn’t hear anyone in distress but was so scared to check that I just went to sleep. The next morning, I missed my first class because I was too scared to go outside. I know most people think the obvious thing is to call 911 but fear makes people act in not so logical ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne