ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that we know BK really did stalk them ahead of time (based on his cell phone pinging near their house at least 12 times prior), I'm curious if this is who Kaylee felt was stalking her. I know they interviewed a bartender she had talked to about a stalker and I know LE looked into it and (what they said publicly) could not find anything. I know also that there was one specific instance that they saw a man leave a bar after her but that turned out to be nothing.

However, I'm just curious if she (or any other other housemates) did ever notice the same white car driving by the house late at night. It's possible Kaylee even said it flippantly like "LOL I think I have a stalker" but it really was BK and he was a very dangerous stalker indeed. My guess is they had no idea. They were likely either asleep or partying and unaware when he would have staked out the house previously. But you just never know. A victim is said to have told people she was being stalked and then it turns out the killer actually WAS stalking at least one person in that house. MOO

Thankful for a survivor who can place him at the scene !
BK is toast.
LE have him dead to rights.

I wish he'd plead guilty and throw himself on the mercy of the court, and spare the families from a horrifying trial ...having to recount and relive those moments.

Sadly, my guess is that he'll take the coward's way out and force a lengthy trial.
Ugh.
Imo.
True that one of the survivors saw him, but with the mask I am not sure she would be able to actually identify him. The only thing she mentioned was bushy eyebrows. But I think that other evidence that was in the indictment along with other evidence LE most likely has will be more than enough. MOO

Quadruple homicide suspect Bryan Kohberger nodded along in a Latah County courtroom Thursday morning as a judge read the five charges against him: four counts of murder in the first degree and a felony burglary charge in the killing of four University of Idaho students.

During his first appearance in Idaho since his arrest in Pennsylvania, 2nd District Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall advised Kohberger of his rights, asking him, “Do you understand?” after reading each charge. “Yes,” replied Kohberger, who wore an orange jumpsuit with “Prisoner Latah County Jail” written on the back in bold black letters.

Marshall also laid out the maximum penalty for the crimes should Kohberger be found guilty: a death sentence or imprisonment for life. The prosecution has 60 days after a plea is entered to decide whether to pursue the death penalty.

[…]

If we look at only the information available to the surviving roommate, she knows only that:
1) Kaylee was with her dog.
2) A man was crying in X's room saying something along the lines of "I will help you"
3) A man with bushy eyebrows walks past her room and out the door wearing some type of mask.
She knows nothing, as far as we know, of stabs, blood, deaths, any violent crime, cell towers, DNA, cameras, Elantras, or a knife sheath. As far as she would know at that time, the man in the mask could have been the food delivery guy.
Oh! You think it was a man crying? A victim or BK? I assumed it was Xana sitting in bed awake watching this monster approach her and her crying/scared.

Catching up (almost impossible!), hoping not repeat thoughts here - if sheath was next to Maddie she may have been target #1. Sounds like it was her first possibly.

Scream/whimper/thud at 4:17am would've been X, then falling to ground and then dog starts barking.

Edit: correction as I had 2nd part wrong
yes i think you’re right :(
These poor kids. May they be happy now

As to why he walked straight past her, it’s possible he didn’t see her. He may have been in trance like state of euphoria after his successful mission or in a fight or flight panic type mode where he simply didn’t see her open the door as he was trying to exit as quickly as possible. She will be so scarred for life. I really feel for her. Complete survivors guilt there.

I really hope the DNA evidence they have is more than what is disclosed in the PCA. For me right now, the strongest convicting points are the phone and car movements. It would be so easy for his defense team to argue that someone with his knowledge wouldn’t be stupid enough to leave a sheath behind knowing his DNA could be there. So they can say he was framed. I don’t know how they can explain the stalking and odd phone and car behavior though since June.

Most camera's (especially the Ring type of camera) do not pick up audio alone. They are motion activated so there would have had to have been some type of motion that had already caused the camera to activate, for it to be able to then pick up any sounds.
I was thinking this and wondering what would’ve set the camera off, because one can assume that hearing noises coming from the house means BK has already been in there for a little bit. Whether that’s 10 seconds or 2 minutes, I don’t know. My ring camera doesn’t record for very long after motion activates it, unless I click the notification about the motion and watch it at that moment

So now that we know BK really did stalk them ahead of time (based on his cell phone pinging near their house at least 12 times prior), I'm curious if this is who Kaylee felt was stalking her. I know they interviewed a bartender she had talked to about a stalker and I know LE looked into it and (what they said publicly) could not find anything. I know also that there was one specific instance that they saw a man leave a bar after her but that turned out to be nothing.

However, I'm just curious if she (or any other other housemates) did ever notice the same white car driving by the house late at night. It's possible Kaylee even said it flippantly like "LOL I think I have a stalker" but it really was BK and he was a very dangerous stalker indeed. My guess is they had no idea. They were likely either asleep or partying and unaware when he would have staked out the house previously. But you just never know. A victim is said to have told people she was being stalked and then it turns out the killer actually WAS stalking at least one person in that house. MOO

Do we know when she felt as though she was being stalked or followed? iirc, BK wouldn’t have been up in WA until august? Curious if K spoke of this before then

Looking at a map, this house was pretty deep inside a purely residential area with many dead-end streets. Its going to be hard to make any reasonable arguments why his car would be seen on video cameras (or cell phone pings) in that area. Its not like there are a bunch of shops and restaurants within blocks of the residence.

Just think of how many times he unsnapped that sheath so he could practice and play with that knife. He goes to all the trouble to stalk, disguise himself, break into the house, carry out a frenzy of murder, walk casually past a living witness...and leave that sheath behind?
What a dope.
I also took note of his car. For a guy who supposedly has OCD, it was a filthy mess on the outside. This guy apparently has selective OCD. He's a slob. I'll bet the forensics guys who are autopsying his car are finding all kinds of evidence.

I would love to have seen the look on his face when he realized he left the sheath behind. Imagine driving away thinking you’re a mastermind who committed the perfect crime, reaching down to put the knife away and… the cover is gone. Priceless.

The witness.
the witness? No. she did not see his mouth, chin, nose. she only noted is eyebrows. From what we know of what she saw and heard she is not going to be an eyewitness for purpose of definitive identification.
the witness gave a description consistent with Kohberger, but consistent with millions of other men.

The DNA is the only thing that putts him inside of house and in probable contact with murder weapon and will cook his goose.

Maddie and Kaylee and Xena and Ethan, other than being roommates and friends, didn't seem to have other connections did they? EXCEPT, Maddie and Xena both worked at the same restaurant. Maybe the Mad Greek is relevant to the motive. Maybe the targets were Maddie and Xena. Obviously the killer would also have to kill Kaylee and Ethan since they would have stopped him. But the killer let D live because she wasnt the target and she wasn't "in the way."

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe there is a really simple explanation that that her phone was dead and her charger was elsewhere and she was too scared to leave her room after what she had seen. IMO
Right! She was scared and in shock. I'm sure she probably feels guilty, but in no way is she responsible for what happened and it is unlikely that there is anything she could have done that would have changed the outcome. She is extremely brave for sharing what she saw and heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper