ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe…if that were the case then I would presume the dog would have some sort of dna on it and if so I think LE would be all over it.
Maybe LE does have that info from the dog and it’s yet another misrepresentation on their part to the public? Hard to say. Just imo

After this incriminating affidavit, I hope they have him on suicide watch. This monster should not get out that easy.

God bless those kids (victims and survivors) and their families. Heartbreaking and senseless.

I bet LE has seen on his devices how many times he Googled for information on the stabbings before the bodies were even discovered. He probably couldn't wait for it to hit the news. I think his curiosity got the better of him and that's why he drove back by the house at 9:30 the next morning to see if police were there yet. It's a dumb thing to do but he made a lot of dumb mistakes.
do you think he returned at 9:30am relevant to the sheath? Or because he thought there would be a massive police presence and he wanted to witness that?

While killers do return to the scene, maybe he thought of the sheath and came back to see if he could perhaps go in there to get it? Seems unlikely at that time of day. More to just see if the surviving roommate was there, if police were there now that folks could awaken at that time, etc. Maybe we will find out with the 911 call that he told her not to call police? But why wouldn’t they have released that in the PCA if that’s why she didn’t call? Very confusing.

This portion of the affidavit is odd! DM has opened the bedroom door, is standing in the door (I’m assuming door frame) how is it that BK is able to walk towards DM and past her and exit through the sliding glass door (which is in the kitchen area)? I’m assuming DM is standing in her doorway with the door open slightly and BK has walked past her door (that’s ajar) and continues on to exit out sliding glass door? I’m going to guess DM opened her bedroom door very quietly and NO more than a few inches and went unnoticed? The way the affidavits written she could of been standing out in the hallway and BK just walked past her??
Maybe he was coming from downstairs and not from Xana’s room. That would have him headed that way at a different angle, so DM’s door is not in his direct line of sight.

I can totally see this. But here there are page numbers on all the document pages except the one with nothing on it but the backward "redacted" stamp. Page 1, then blank page with no number, then Page 2 is listed on the third page of the pdf. I think that blank page would have a page number on it if something had been included. JMO.
I agree with this point. In my experience of redaction, relevant text will only be redacted for certain parties (i.e. the public in this instance) but there would usually be an unredacted “clean copy” for those with permission to view the entire document (i.e. possibly the judge, court etc. in this instance). We would usually prepare the unredacted, final version and then go through and redact as required. In my experience of preparing court bundles, judges are usually unsympathetic to pagination not lining up, therefore I would expect, if the blank page were redacted but there was an unredacted version - for the blank page to be labelled page 2, and the subsequent page to be labelled page 3 - therefore for those with the unredacted version there would be no break in the page numbers. This may of course be different for this particular court / jurisdiction, but thought I’d add my two cents. Combined with the text lining up across page 1 and page 2 (as labelled) and the redaction stamp just looking like a carryover from page 1 - I think it’s just a blank page, no redaction. - Edited to add: all MOO

Last edited:
Eyebrows -- I think it's possible they aren't dramatically bushy seen flat from the front, in uniform lighting, but that they project a fair amount from his face, and that might make someone describe them as bushy if seen with one angled light source on them, such as from the kitchen, in an otherwise dim area.

I don't know why he didn't at least note that DM's previously closed door was now open and check it out. Even if she was in full darkness, or at an angle from the door that made her difficult or impossible to see, the newly opened door should set off a red flag that someone else is awake and possibly aware, something unplanned has occurred, something might have to be addressed. Maybe he had a tight timeline in his head for what he needed to do before daylight, weighed the possibility, and decided that addressing it would potentially take too long and that was a greater risk. It's possible the Doordash had already changed the timing of his plan and he felt that he couldn't afford a second delay. He also might have been concerned that the individual who opened the door had called 911 or other people, and that there might not now be time to do anything about it. MOO.

So they had his name by November 29th. LE sure did keep everything locked down good for them.

Assuming the affidavit evidence will stand, this is an easy open and shut case, and he should plead guilty, for his and everyone else's sake, but he won't because these a-holes never do. Because of the same mental or character disorder that let them think they had the right to take anybody's life.

My thoughts are similar to yours but with one slight difference. I still think K was the target, based on intuition, her dad’s comments, and a few other things that are just my own opinion. I think BK went there to either kill K or both K and M.

I also think he killed M first, especially based on the sheath. Then I think he spent the most time on who he thought would be his final victim (K). Then X either was unfortunately in the living room/kitchen area when BK came down the stairs, or she heard K and M make noises and came out of her room. She was then killed. E was likely killed last in X’s bed/room.

Edited to add: this is also the order that the charges are listed in. First was the burglary (which obviously happened first), then M, K, X, and E.
^ This is my theory also… especially with the words said “someone is in here” (not sure I quoted that exactly…) but I believe X heard or saw something that alerted her to the intruder…she then alerted E
IMO

In the PCA released today.

That's not in the PCA. Here's what it says - note the first part of the next paragraph, where the word ALSO is used:

//As I approached the room, I could see a body, later identified as Kemodle's, laying on the floor. Kernodle was deceased with wounds which appeared to have been caused by an edged weapon. Also in the room was a male...//

THe officer approaches the room, sees one body right away and ALSO in the room (meaning TWO bodies in the same room) is a male. Officer can see through the open door, as he's arriving at 4 pm. Bodies have likely not been moved at all at that point (Coroner arrives just after 4).

'Just by the wording in the PCA (below)... I am wondering if DM fell asleep in the bedroom of the middle floor but then after seeing BK she spent the rest of the evening in the lower floor bedroom??

snipped from the PCA
"D.M. stated she originally went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the second floor."
I believe the wording is as such to indicate that DM was subsequently awakened- ie she initially went to sleep, the woke to some kind of disturbance.

JMO

This portion of the affidavit is odd! DM has opened the bedroom door, is standing in the door (I’m assuming door frame) how is it that BK is able to walk towards DM and past her and exit through the sliding glass door (which is in the kitchen area)? I’m assuming DM is standing in her doorway with the door open slightly and BK has walked past her door (that’s ajar) and continues on to exit out sliding glass door? I’m going to guess DM opened her bedroom door very quietly and NO more than a few inches and went unnoticed? The way the affidavits written she could have been standing out in the hallway and BK just walked past her??
More likely he was walking from X’s room and off to the kitchen. DM is in bedroom D and sees him walk towards her but he doesn’t see her.

reference: The house on King Road: A look at the Moscow home where four U of I students were killed - East Idaho News
ACFAD296-A12F-4F92-B216-32D3539EA48F.jpeg
Edited to fix image

Rigatoni999 said:
My biggest question is how the police could almost immediately say they think there is no danger to the community after an unknown knife murderer just killed 4 people?

"Because they knew who he was and had eyes on him."

Disagree. They said this the next day. They did not "know who he was" for at least 2 weeks...
They had DM, the surviving roommate who watched him leave after killing 4 people. He didn't kill her, so maybe that's why they said that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105-170745_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105-170745_Drive.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics