ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the things that came out today, the two most unexpected was the fact that DM saw the killer and waited to contact police. Not judging on that one way or the other. Just something that surprised me the most.

Also, Xana ordering food and it being delivered at 4am. She almost certainly had to be awake when she was killed. Atleast that's my opinion anyway. With that being said, still lots of small details are missing regarding how it all happened in Xana's room as well as when and how LE was contacted although we do know a good bit about that already.

So it looks like he drove past the scene on Sunday around 9 am to see if LE was at the location.

Sunday afternoon, he was driving around and went to Albertson's in Clarkston, WA

He may have driven near the King Rd location later that evening around 6 pm with his phone off. (His phone was off for 3 hours, so I kinda wonder if the battery died and he spent part of that time at home asleep?)

I've wondered about him driving by the scene on Nov. 14.

The following video was posted upstream; I'm linking it again; it is KTVB in front of the house, and was filmed on 11/14/22.

If you slow the playing speed down to .25 (in the "Settings"), in the upper right-hand corner, you'll see a white car at 1:50 going one way, then apparently returning at 3:04.

Is it KB? I don't know, but thought I'd share this again.

Edited to remove day of the week.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
So just read the place report. Little confused on time-line. So murders were committed around 415 to 420 am. Surviving victim sees killer leave right after.

So killer leaves and then decides to return around 9am ish? I wonder if he realized he left knife cover. But decided not to risk reentering the house.

Other timeliness question is if surviving witness saw him leave around 420 why was 911 not called until around noon the next day if that is correct? Did she not realize something horrible had just happened? (Not being critical or victim blaming. I know there are 3 different responses to fear. Fight, flight or freeze and I have been victim of freezing myself before)

it would have formed part of his vision.
The concluding act of that chapter..
pedantic..
Do you think he might have done this before and have you any theories about the speed at which he moved?
Was he aiming for the fastest ever?

On AB one of the guest speculated that sometime in his life he most likely acted out in anger before. The other thought was that he planned something like this for a long time. They typically feed off the process of planning it almost like a drug.

He is so smug, yuck.

Couldn’t it be outside as well?

not at all. Just that the print could be outside. I really just want to understand if inside. And furthermore why there is only one print mentioned. I would’ve expected multiple prints in the home from some type of shoe unless he had shoe covers on and took off outside and thus the print is outside.
"Couldn't it be outside as well?"

Page 6 of the affidavit:
The detected shoe print showed a diamond-shaped pattern (simila,r to the pattem ofa Vans rype shoe sole) just outside the door of D.M.'s berlroom (ocated on second floor ). This is consistent with D.M.'s statemelrt regarding the suspect's path of travel.

Trying to keep up with every page here but I had a meeting for the last hour so sorry if someone else already posited this.

I have a feeling BK has stalked and/or been a Peeping Tom before. What makes me say this is, according to the PCA where he was already around the King Rd house late at night at the end of August, and knowing he was attending school elsewhere last school year and so likely just moved to Pullman, WA this August/summer, he sure seemed to start stalking people very quickly upon moving to this new area. To me, that screams that this is just something he does, wherever he goes and wherever he lives, and he needed a new target/victim. No proof of this yet, just my theory.
100%.
Surely there were escalating behaviours prior..

More likely he was walking from X’s room and off to the kitchen. DM is in bedroom D and sees him walk towards her but he doesn’t see her.

reference: The house on King Road: A look at the Moscow home where four U of I students were killed - East Idaho News
View attachment 392900
Edited to fix image
Yes I agree and I think it’s easy to be thrown off by the wording of the affidavit which describes the figure “walking towards” DM. As many other commentators have suggested - she may have had the door ajar, and if so I think it is likely she would be peering out at an angle. Therefore impression was he was walking directly towards her, even if not directly head on to the room itself. Hope that makes sense! All MOO

That's not in the PCA. Here's what it says - note the first part of the next paragraph, where the word ALSO is used:

//As I approached the room, I could see a body, later identified as Kemodle's, laying on the floor. Kernodle was deceased with wounds which appeared to have been caused by an edged weapon. Also in the room was a male...//

THe officer approaches the room, sees one body right away and ALSO in the room (meaning TWO bodies in the same room) is a male. Officer can see through the open door, as he's arriving at 4 pm. Bodies have likely not been moved at all at that point (Coroner arrives just after 4).
What is the proper name for it?

I’m not the brightest bulb out there, but he brought his own car and phone to
How could a PhD candidate in criminology possibly make this number of mistakes! It also appears from the PCA that per BK's cell phone, he had been scoping out the house and its occupants since at least late August. I think when LE gets hold of his laptop there will be a virtual goldmine of evidence to nail him with since he was so reckless about covering his tracks. But one has to wonder how and why he was so incredibly sloppy!!!! Did he WANT to get caught?

Personally, the DNA part is the weaker one IMHO.

But - the car with one set of plates is a strong one.

There are very few states requiring two sets of plates: Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maine, Missouri, North Dakota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin, Washington, and D.C.

So the car could not have been from these states. BK's the vehicle registration ẁas changed to WA on November 18th. So it fits Penn's one set of license plates.
Virginia too!

If BK didn't frequent Mad Greek (current staff said they didn't recognize him), and he was a student/TA at WSU (not IU), but had begun visiting / driving by the house as soon as maybe late August (around when he most likely moved to the area)... I really wonder where he encountered one (or more) of the victims. The PCA revealed a lot about what LE has on the suspect, and it seems very incriminating, but I am curious what more they will find out to connect him to the victims. I would be very surprised if he picked the house at random and started stalking the residents from there, but that's kind of what it seems like based on the cellular data described in the PCA. Unlikely, so I'm looking forward for LE to have the opportunity to fill in the gaps + make connections, if they exist.
Yes!

I want pings from two to three weeks before ...and I want pings for the first 48 hours after the crime.

Surely, if we ask nicely .

On a serious note, I'm sitting here cogitating on the mindset of someone who has the utter audacity to murder en masse (for enjoyment) and destroy so many lives beyond that.

Every time a crime like this happens, I revisit this issue.

How dare he?

Smh

Last edited:
Catching up (almost impossible!), hoping not repeat thoughts here - if sheath was next to Maddie she may have been target #1. Sounds like it was her first possibly.

Scream/whimper/thud at 4:17am would've been X, then falling to ground and then dog starts barking.

Edit: correction as I had 2nd part wrong

The Sheath-
A leather sheath holds the knife to free the hands because a belt goes through the belt loop on the sheath and holds it to the hip.
How did the sheath become detached?
He broke it by forcefully pushing the knife into or out of it?
He took his belt off?
He could not drive with the sheath on the belt, so rather than stand up outside the car and redo his belt he slid the sheath into his pocket?

He may have had the sheath in tact for A while before it broke- then it fell off of him and he did not notice for a time? This may be how he cut himself, he may have slid the kniFe into a sheath that had come off- he may have cut his hip/leg area??

If he later realized he dropped the sheath, he may have returned to see if he could find it.

JMO

Last edited:
Of all the things that came out today, the two most unexpected was the fact that DM saw the killer and waited to contact police. Not judging on that one way or the other. Just something that surprised me the most.

Also, Xana ordering food and it being delivered at 4am. She almost certainly had to be awake when she was killed. Atleast that's my opinion anyway. With that being said, still lots of small details are missing regarding how it all happened in Xana's room as well as when and how LE was contacted although we do know a good bit about that already.
She saw a person leaving, she did not know it was a killer. A DoorDash delivery was made 20 minutes prior, activity in the middle of the night may not have been unusual.
From the description it sounds like he was wearing a Covid mask. Nothing to alarm you as to intruder/criminal.

Just realising...

He posted on reddit I believe in May 2022 for "research participants"
Many sources saying his phone pinged near the residence in August but I've seen one that says the first ping was June

Thinking people were right on the money when they said the reddit post was for him to get ideas and prepare.. either he started searching for his victims after that post, or already had them but needed to scope out the house first..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member