ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
COULD BCK HAVE USED KOA TYPE CAMPGROUND FOR CLEAN UP?
I have never been to the KOA type campgrounds were your park your RV overnight or longer. But I believe there are showers etc at these places. Could he have found someplace like that to clean up ? Stopped at grocer for soap bleach etc?
@waldojabba Hmmm. You mean on Nov 13, showering, cleaning up gear, before returning to his apt?
Yes, conceivably a possibility, so I did a quickie search for area RV park/campgrounds in that area.

But imo doubtful* he did that, for multiple reasons.
1. Winter Season & Distance.
Even if a commercial RV campground (as opposed to primitive/tent camping sites w'out showers, laundries, etc) is close to Moscow or Pullman. Many if not most, that far north in US close for the winter, prob'ly before mid-Nov. I found one exception: Orofino, ~ 60 mi away, 1 1/4 hr drive from Moscow has RV park open thru early Dec. On the WA. side, I did not see any within a one hr drive of Moscow. But could have missed a place in either state.

2. Not all parks offer shower-only service, and if offered is likely requested by very few. A person pulling into a full service TRUCK STOP (Love’s, Pilot Flying J, Travel Centers of America) for shower-only would be less noticed/notable, as that's a common stand-alone service. Maybe another sleuther will go down the truck stop info RABBIT HOLE.

3. Conspicuous, Appearing as Out of the Ordinary Vehicle.
Even if an RV park was convenient and still open in Nov., seems unusual for a person driving a smallish sedan (meaning not a Class A RV, Class C RV, travel trailer, van, pick-up w. camper shell), to stay at an RV park (sleep in car?), unless it’s summer weather when such a driver might be tent camping. A person in sedan who wants to use only shower facilities, rather than making an overnight stay, would be remembered by staff as out of the ordinary.

4. Surveillance Cams Recording
At RV park driveway entry, check-in parking, registration, shower buildings exteriors, other common areas, often multiple surv. cameras record guests, ime.
[[If he or his clothes were bloody, would anyone mistake him for a clumsy LUMBERJACK.]]
But seems BCK ignored or was oblivious to surv. cam w an eye on 1122 King Rd.

BCK may have thought about all these aspects and scoped out RV park idea beforehand & could have done a cleanup there without hitch. Possible, but doubtful imo jmo moo icbw

*Source: my personal observation & experience in several post-retirement yrs of full-timing in RV w many RV park stays.
YMMV.

MOO as an Idaho resident -- a Covid mask on anyone on a college campus in Idaho this fall other than an older professor or someone in student health, etc would be notably weird. Even weirder to see one on a solo visitor in a student residence in the middle of the night.

do you think he returned at 9:30am relevant to the sheath? Or because he thought there would be a massive police presence and he wanted to witness that?

I don't think he would risk going back to find the sheath in broad daylight. I think he wanted to see if the cops were there yet because he was googling it and surprised there still wasn't any info about the stabbing at 9:30 am. He didn't realize the bodies hadn't even been found yet.

IF he saw DM on his way out, he would have especially thought cops had been called immediately so he would have wondered why there wasn't any report of it yet. That was big news in a small town. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a scanner, too. He would have been bewildered that she hadn't called 911 immediately so he went to see for himself. I think he couldn't wait to hear about it on the news.

Blissfully unaware.

It's wonderful...yet it's not.

I have several scenarios in my life that in retrospect, should have ended badly. I got lucky. Most of us here probably have!

Absolutely! During the 20s, when you're invincible and have not yet realised the true risks out there (not a bad thing, nice to feel so free!)

I would seriously doubt it. Guys like this are usually intimidated by women who actually stand up to their bullying, so I'd say if that had happened it would be more likely that it lessened the likelihood of him later attacking her than increased.
I think he would have become angered by it. By the sounds of reports, he's got an ego that doesn't respond well to pushback. Those kinds of people - inherently insecure people, who are so reliant on their inflated sense of self and external 'position' - you don't cross them - they will try to take you down if you see right through them.

All JMO and experience :S

Like others, I’m dumbfounded at some of this info contained in the PCA.

A few question:

1) If timelines are correct, what can we now say about the gas station video that purportedly captured BK driving by at about 3:45 am? It would rule out him fleeing from the house after committing the murders. Was it BK circling just prior to making his final move towards the house to commit the murders or was it not BK‘s car afterall?

2) Could the whimpering that was heard possibly be from the dog and not one of the victims?

She was ignoring him, not standing up to him. There's a big difference
IMO, this article indicates they (female staff/customers) stood up to him when they declined to answer inappropriate questions from him (about who they were there with & where they lived!) to the degree that he called one of them a "b*&^%" in a public setting, they were frightened by him & so reported him to management & recorded his behavior in a platform warning coworkers, and their manager confronted him on their behalf the next time he came in, and he never returned to that establishment after they (the brewery employees) came together & were concerned enough about his behavior that the manager confronted him.

In most companies, there is a specific process they follow for dealing with belligerent customers that prohibits the staff from confronting them directly, and kicking it up to the next level, which they did. So they stood up to him, IMO, and did not give in to his harassing behavior.

Bryan Kohberger harassed women at Pennsylvania brewery: report

Last edited:
Bring this from closed thread.

Yes, I know, that is why I said "what they are legally obligated to."

I hope they only do what they are legally obligated to. He deserves no mercy.
He has not been convicted yet. Further they may have legal obligations to provide his diet in relation to equality or human rights legislation, or USA similar, etc. It would appear to me that they are legally obligated to provide for inmates' dietary needs.

Just an observation and opinion. If BK left the knife sheath on the bed, and it appears he did, that means he walked out of the victims' home with it in his hand, probably not even realizing it. He must have been in such a heightened state of euphoria or something. Could explain why he never saw someone standing in the bedroom doorway, who got a glimpse of him. Maybe he never realized the sheath was missing until he got in his vehicle. Unbeknownst to him, it could have come off his belt in a struggling scenario.
If the sheath was unknowingly lost on the bed during a struggle of some sort, I hope either KG or MM was the one who was able to grab it and made the quick apprehension of the suspect possible. You might say they helped solve their murders.

Well I don't see how his defense attorney can explain away his DNA on the knife cover with any creditable explanation?

You could explain his DNA being present in the house if he was there at a party for example. Or even if it was under one of the females fingernails or on there bodies he could claim he meant them somewhere and had a sexual relationship with one of them as in a one night stand. Those circumstances you could at least come up with a explanation that could be plausible.

But his DNA being on the knife cover I don't see how that can be explained away?

Thoughts?
Well, maybe he bought two knives? One at some out of the way spot years ago not traceable and another recently on amazon. He returned the one with the sheath to amazon that was found at the house. Does that work ? I don’t think it happened but ynk. He would have touched the knife sheath before returning to amazon. And he would need proof. Or he was in a sporting store and touched it without buying it.
I wonder if they can trace where the knife was purchased from the sheath.
I am definitely in the camp that believes he is the killer. I do question whether he had someone else pulling the strings behind the “curtain” as I am curious about how bumbling the whole thing was. Did he set an artificial deadline for himself to kill - like by his birthday (Nov 21st ish) - was he driving by all those times trying to get his nerve up. Unless he had cased the inside of the house before he really had no real idea what he would encounter. Imo there is something odd I cannot put my finger on. All IMO.

The Sheath-
A leather sheath holds the knife to free the hands because a belt goes through the belt loop on the sheath and holds it to the hip.
How did the sheath become detached?
He broke it by forcefully pushing the knife into or out of it?
He took his belt off?
He could not drive with the sheath on the belt, so rather than stand up outside the car and redo his belt he slid the sheath into his pocket?

He may have had the sheath in tact for A while before it broke- then it fell off of him and he did not notice for a time? This may be how he cut himself, he may have slid the kniFe into a sheath that had come off- he may have cut his hip/leg area??

If he later realized he dropped the sheath, he may have returned to see if he could find it.

JMO

I wonder if he left it on purpose. Not realising he had left his DNA on the little button, when he wiped his DNA from the rest of it.
Because it had USMC printed on it, and he is obviously not part of the USMC. Trying to point the investigators in another direction?

The alleged murderer showed zero emotion while in court ... where 11 family members of the murder victims were also present.

BTW ... the cell phone records also show since June 22, he had been near the murder house at least 12 times prior to the murders, and they were typically in the late evening or early morning hours.

The 12 prior visits makes me think that there was a lot of online stalking. He may have even determined their address online.

Personally, the DNA part is the weaker one IMHO.

But - the car with one set of plates is a strong one.

There are very few states requiring two sets of plates: Alaska, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maine, Missouri, North Dakota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, Wisconsin, Washington, and D.C.

So the car could not have been from these states. BK's the vehicle registration ẁas changed to WA on November 18th. So it fits Penn's one set of license plates.

I’m not understanding you comment, ‘the DNA part is the weaker one’ IMHO??

DNA was found on the snap on the sheath, that was located on the bed of a victim- Madee. The sheath is consistent with the knife used to kill the victims.

The DNA on the sheath was matched first to BCK’s father. His father could not be excluded as being the father of the killer. He is the father of the killer.

That same DNA was then shown to be a 100% match to BCK, it can be no one else but him Who touched the snap on the sheath that was found on the bed of Madee.

That is check mate

JMO

If we look at only the information available to the surviving roommate, she knows only that:
1) Kaylee was with her dog.
2) A man was crying in X's room saying something along the lines of "I will help you"
3) A man with bushy eyebrows walks past her room and out the door wearing some type of mask.
She knows nothing, as far as we know, of stabs, blood, deaths, any violent crime, cell towers, DNA, cameras, Elantras, or a knife sheath. As far as she would know at that time, the man in the mask could have been the food delivery guy.
1.She does not know that Kaylee was with her dog. She “thought” she may have been playing with Murphy due to sounds she heard.

2. She heard a “female” crying and a male saying he would help her.

3. She did see someone all dressed in black with nose and mouth covered about 5 ft 10 or taller with bushy eyebrows; he did walk past her and exited via sliding glass door. Unsaid if he saw her or not.

Of all the things that came out today, the two most unexpected was the fact that DM saw the killer and waited to contact police. Not judging on that one way or the other. Just something that surprised me the most.
For me it certainly explains why she called a friend, or whomever it was, to come over. Poor girl was probably scared out of her wits.

I really think they’d put that in there. I think he dumped the knife and prob his shoes too. The AA is never as complete as the prelim, as they are including just enough information to justify arrest. We won’t have to wait long though.
Oh, I think we will be waiting a few years before more info comes out. I don't see BK pleading guilty to the death penalty, which I am sure at least SG will push for, and there is no reason for LE to offer him any sort of plea deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela