ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone assuming DM didn't call the police or 911 till noon . Nowhere in the affidavit does it say that. I know LE may have implied it early on to press but equally they also said roommates were sleeping . Presumably all to protect safety of the eye witness
Well, if she did call and they didn't respond until the next afternoon then we've got a whole new problem to investigate

Why is everyone assuming DM didn't call the police or 911 till noon . Nowhere in the affidavit does it say that. I know LE may have implied it early on to press but equally they also said roommates were sleeping . Presumably all to protect safety of the eye witness

Because they did not arrive on scene until near noon

JMO

Maybe also because they didn't arrive until after noon?

. Winter Season & Distance.
Even if a commercial RV campground (as opposed to primitive/tent camping sites w'out showers, laundries, etc) is close to Moscow or Pullman. Many if not most, that far north in US close for the winter, prob'ly before mid-Nov. I found one exception: Orofino, ~ 60 mi away, 1 1/4 hr drive from Moscow has RV park open thru early Dec. On the WA. side, I did not see any within a one hr drive of Moscow. But could have missed a place in either state.
The Pullman KOA is open in the winter, as is the Boise so SOME KOAs in Idaho ARE open in the winter. I was surprised that state campgrounds and KOAs in Tennessee for example are open year round. Many KOAs are individually owned so it is up to each owner whether they stay open year round.

Ya it doesn’t seem like all of them (or any?) were asleep.
I think they prob were all drunk though, which also might explain the survivors’ reaction. Most of us went to college once, so we know how these kids behave. Just enjoying life, until a killer out of central casting walks in.

I believe there were reports early on regarding the neighbors commenting on when police arrived.

I think Xana was in her room lying on the floor, but could be seen from the hallway. Because the PCA says that Ethan was also in the room.

View attachment 392891

I really don’t think the PCA was that well written. An example is the above…it is unclear where exactly Xana was found. Was she found on the floor outside her room? Or was she found outside of the bathroom? Or even yet, was she found laying on the floor in her bedroom?

I agree, I put a line which would be BK’s path from X’s room (A) to the sliding door (B), and then IMO the two stars are in the area where I believe he would have been walking “straight towards” DM but May not have seen her in the darkness/with the door not being open all the way.
I agree, the « good vibe » sign (in red on the floor plan) would allow DM to be able to catch a good glimpse at BKs face, while maybe he could not see her, thanks to the darkness of the hallway.

Attachments

• 1CC47ADF-7AE2-4340-870C-7BEB06630A42.jpeg
    1CC47ADF-7AE2-4340-870C-7BEB06630A42.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 61
In case anyone cares, anyone can order a Ka-Bar knife with a USMC logo sheath on Amazon or the Ka-Bar site itself. If that is what happened in this case, that information can be likely be obtained if BK bought it himself. It would not point anyone in any specific direction at all, IMO. Too easy to get one. Not easy to get one with specific DNA, though.... I'm cleaning all my Amazon purchases better.....

She saw a person leaving, she did not know it was a killer. A DoorDash delivery was made 20 minutes prior, activity in the middle of the night may not have been unusual.
From the description it sounds like he was wearing a Covid mask. Nothing to alarm you as to intruder/criminal.

The affadavit said she was standing in a "frozen phase" as the killer walked towards her, past her, and towards the sliding glass doors.

She wasn't standing this way the previous two times she opened the door; this time she was essentially paralyzed in place. Why might this be? It's the third time she's opened the door in a fifteen or so minute span. She just heard crying. She previously heard commotion upstairs. She previously heard someone say that someone was in the house. The dog was barking at the same time as the crying. She was scared. She was traumatized. She didn't see this as business as usual.

Now, if the affadavit said "she saw yet another random dude in her house in the middle of the night, rolled her eyes, and shut her door," then I'd say she perceived it as business as usual.

Wow, these threads move so fast - it's impossible to keep up! The PCA is more than I even imagined - just heartbreaking for the victims and definitely weighs heavily toward BK's guilt.

Regarding BK's driving skills... I'm curious if anyone thinks the connection to the victims could have been a road rage incident? Perhaps when he first located to the area and was out exploring, there was an encounter with one/two of the victims. If BK is a wound collector, it's possible an occurrence took place that, following, the victims never gave a further thought about - but BK remembered...

JMO
IMO
MOO

I think he has had his mind set on killing someone for a while, and was simply ’shopping’ for victims.
I also think explaining irrational criminal behavior with semi rational behavior doesn’t work.
Erasing rational behavior and replacing it with reptile or predator behavior seems to work- he had the brains to prevent leaving evidence and yet his ego got in the way of thinking.

JMO

RSBM for brevity
Good catch! I remember now reading that bit about DM's statements but unlike you I didn't come up with any ideas about it.
I recalled the statements with clarity and posted them way back then on WS. Of course they were promptly removed by mods (rightfully so) because even though they were the truth and authentic in nature…LE had “not confirmed” the statements or info. Again, a smart move on their part to keep such details and info close to the inner circle and vest.

There is a tiny feeling of absolve just reading the details today and knowing the info I had posted - was precisely what was revealed in the arrest affidavit. She had heard some sounds, and she knew someone must be in the house. She just presumed at that time that they were “visiting” one of the other four roomies. When she heard another sound, (possibly crying) she opened her door to look and saw the figure in black with a black balaclava-type face mask. His eyes were visible (and eyebrows) but he never made direct eye contact. She didn’t report seeing a weapon that I recall.

But I truly believe she may have been in the recessed area of the stairwell (and in the dim light and with the possible tunnel vision of the killer) which connects the first and second floor, leading UP to the second floor living room. Through the room it leads to the kitchen straight ahead and a just a couple small steps down. E & X’s room is on the same (second) floor - directly off this area as well.

He must have been exiting their room, and passed right by her unknowingly on his way out. Otherwise, I genuinely believe he would have most likely ended her life as well. That must be terrifying for DM. My heart goes out to both of the survivors and all of the involved and personally affected families. He still believes he will talk and explain his way right out of this situation. His hubris is on full and repugnant display. I’m positive he will plead Not Guilty in his upcoming appearance. This is far from over, and still a horrid page-Turner in its nightmarish twists and complexities. JMOO

got his Moscow seatbelt ticket 8/21

Who is Bryan Kohberger? What we know about the suspect ...

https://www.kivitv.com › news › who-is-bryan-kohberg...

6 days ago — We also know Idaho court records show Kohberger was in Latah County, Idaho, in August. He received a seatbelt infraction on August 21, and later ...

(is he maybe not the greatest driver?)
Road rager? Tailgater? Probably.

Perhaps he doesn't have the ability to control his impulses and emotions?

Guessing, here.

I wonder if he left it on purpose. Not realising he had left his DNA on the little button, when he wiped his DNA from the rest of it.
Because it had USMC printed on it, and he is obviously not part of the USMC. Trying to point the investigators in another direction?
He must have been confounded when the LE (who obviously had evidence of exactly what kind of knife it was) played “dumb” by putting out info, over time, that they weren’t exactly certain what kind of “edged weapon” is was. Of course the eventually did say it appeared to be a military style fixed something-or-other knife, as if it took them a while to figure out. That would have made him doubt that he’d left the sheath behind. The LE did a terrific job of protecting the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem