ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ This is my theory also… especially with the words said “someone is in here” (not sure I quoted that exactly…) but I believe X heard or saw something that alerted her to the intruder…she then alerted E
IMO
And he may have been rattled by XK fighting back..when he'd expected sleeping drunk people.
I am wondering if he was rattled by killing 4 instead of 1. 3 might have been collateral. 2 unexpected in the same room, and then X and E being disturbed by the noise.

I think it's likely BK saw the DD get delivered and knew at least one person was awake. He maybe even saw X get it from outside and knew she was awake. If he knew someone was awake, I would think he would kill that person first and then move on to the next. It may have been as simple as him seeing which bedroom lights were still on to know someone was still awake and where they were located. This may have even made him more excited about what he was about to do

Apologies if this has been addressed as I can't keep up!

Some posters are commenting on how surprised they are that a murder of this magnitude could be carried out in such a short time period.
If you followed the Jayme Closs case, iirc the perp (don't want to mention his name) said and it was backed by LE that the murders and kidnapping were carried out in around 7 minutes.
He went up to the front door, the father came to the door he then shot the father through the window. He then broke the door down, while Jayme and her mother hid in the bathroom and called 911.
He broke the bathroom door down just as the 911 call had connected. He zipped tied and duct taped Jamie then shot her mother.
He dragged Jayme out of the house put her in the trunk of the car and drove away, passing LE on the way. LE said they were at the house 7min after the 911 call.
I realize that shooting is quicker than stabbing but I was astounded that he could have carried this crime out so quickly. He was 21yrs old with no previous convictions.

It's absolutely frightening the carnage that can be carried out in such a short time period.

Saw this many threads ago but since the PCA came out, I thot I'd repost it, as it does give you a good idea on the inside layout of each floor inside the house.

Note: this was created to give people better insight and understanding of the inside of the house. The scenario, when this was created, was speculation of what "may have happened". Now we know it is wrong.

"Couldn't it be outside as well?"

Page 6 of the affidavit:
The detected shoe print showed a diamond-shaped pattern (simila,r to the pattem ofa Vans rype shoe sole) just outside the door of D.M.'s berlroom (ocated on second floor ). This is consistent with D.M.'s statemelrt regarding the suspect's path of travel.
Yes, sorry, I later was shown this and admitted I read and responded too fast. Thanks for your help too.

Agree I wonder though if all of the time stamps on the videos have been calibrated or if there might be extra minutes that can be found if this happens.
I would think that cctv cameras are WiFi so they should have the correct time MOO

I wanted to point out something small from the PCA that I haven’t seen mentioned.

The PCA says that DM’s statements combined with “law enforcement reviews of forensic downloads of records from B.F. and D.M.'s phone…leads investigators to believe the homicides occurred between 4:00 a.m. and 4:25 a.m.”

To me this means it’s likely DM texted the roommate she was presumably closest to (as I believe they were the two youngest and both moved in last) sometime between 4 and 4:25. I’m guessing she said something along the lines of “did you hear that noise?!” Maybe “are X and E fighting?” Or “I just saw a strange guy walk out of the house! Do you know if one of the roommates had someone over?”.

MOO just thinking out loud. So happy to start seeing some justice for these victims!
RSBM for brevity
Good catch! I remember now reading that bit about DM's statements but unlike you I didn't come up with any ideas about it.

If we look at only the information available to the surviving roommate, she knows only that:
1) Kaylee was with her dog.
2) A man was crying in X's room saying something along the lines of "I will help you"
3) A man with bushy eyebrows walks past her room and out the door wearing some type of mask.
She knows nothing, as far as we know, of stabs, blood, deaths, any violent crime, cell towers, DNA, cameras, Elantras, or a knife sheath. As far as she would know at that time, the man in the mask could have been the food delivery guy.

Agree to a point

1) Kaylee’s may or may not have been with her dog- it says the witness thought it was Kaylee playing with her dog. It could have been the perp putting the dog in Kaylee’s room
2) A voice was heard crying, said the witness, and a man’s voice responded with “It is ok, I will help you.”
3) The man had a mask covering nose and mouth, was 5’11” or so and had bushy eyebrows

4) A door dash or some other service delivered a meal to Xana at about 4AM. Someone came to the door to get it. Xana’s room was across from DM’s.

She knew someone sounded upset, that is all

JMO

The alleged murderer showed zero emotion while in court ... where 11 family members of the murder victims were also present.

BTW ... the cell phone records also show since June 22, he had been near the murder house at least 12 times prior to the murders, and they were typically in the late evening or early morning hours.

More likely he was walking from X’s room and off to the kitchen. DM is in bedroom D and sees him walk towards her but he doesn’t see her.

reference: The house on King Road: A look at the Moscow home where four U of I students were killed - East Idaho News
View attachment 392900
Edited to fix image
I agree, I put a line which would be BK’s path from X’s room (A) to the sliding door (B), and then IMO the two stars are in the area where I believe he would have been walking “straight towards” DM but May not have seen her in the darkness/with the door not being open all the way.

Attachments

• 49352378-976D-4E94-B9BE-80A98FF634E7.jpeg
    49352378-976D-4E94-B9BE-80A98FF634E7.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 111
Apologies if this has been addressed as I can't keep up!

Some posters are commenting on how surprised they are that a murder of this magnitude could be carried out in such a short time period.
If you followed the Jayme Closs case, iirc the perp (don't want to mention his name) said and it was backed by LE that the murders and kidnapping were carried out in around 7 minutes.
He went up to the front door, the father came to the door he then shot the father through the window. He then broke the door down, while Jayme and her mother hid in the bathroom and called 911.
He broke the bathroom door down just as the 911 call had connected. He zipped tied and duct taped Jamie then shot her mother.
He dragged Jayme out of the house put her in the trunk of the car and drove away, passing LE on the way. LE said they were at the house 7min after the 911 call.
I realize that shooting is quicker than stabbing but I was astounded that he could have carried this crime out so quickly. He was 21yrs old with no previous convictions.

It's absolutely frightening the carnage that can be carried out in such a short time period.

yes, absolutely! Frightening actually.

How could a PhD candidate in criminology possibly make this number of mistakes! It also appears from the PCA that per BK's cell phone, he had been scoping out the house and its occupants since at least late August. I think when LE gets hold of his laptop there will be a virtual goldmine of evidence to nail him with since he was so reckless about covering his tracks. But one has to wonder how and why he was so incredibly sloppy!!!! Did he WANT to get caught?
Likely pure arrogance.....probably convinced himself he is smarter than everyone else, but in reality and by what we know so far, he really was pretty stupid (obviously by what he did, but also by his inability to cover his tracks). He really made some damming basic mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela