ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods - please remove if this is not allowed:
Another thought I had. I find it interesting that LE found a sheath to the knife because in one of the online discussions, the online persona had an intense discussion about the killer leaving a sheath behind at the murder scene.

Based on the information in the PCA: It seems that M was killed first (if that is where he took his knife out of the sheath). 2) K would probably have been second based on proximity. 3) X would have been third, since she was found in the hallway. I wonder if she was coming back from getting her Door Dash food. 4) E was killed 4th. I wonder if E woke up or he was killed in his sleep.

So, I wonder if M was the target and K, X and E were collateral damage?

This makes me think that as M was being killed, K woke up/walked in and was trying to defend M. I remember it being mentioned that she had more traumatic wounds and that made people surmise SHE was the target. But maybe she was defending her friend.
While I actually agree it was Madee that was the target and everyone else was collateral damage, no one was found in a hallway. A closer reading of the affidavit will show that you misunderstood @jcamh ~ no disrespect, just sayin’

Still trying to comprehend this:

A 4:00am Doordash Delivery.

Suspect car spotted entering the area 4:04am (you have to give him a few mintues to park car and get out etc)

A security camera near the home picked up the sound of a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog was also heard barking numerous times starting at 4.17am.

BK car spotted leaving area at 4:20am (at high rate of spead).

That gave him approx 9 mins to do what he did???

I can't fathom this???
It does seem like a short period of time at first, but it's really not when you think about what happened in those 9 minutes or maybe more so what didn't happen. There was no sexual assault, the house wasn't ransacked/lot of property stolen, no prolonged struggles with the victims, etc. He literally walked in and stabbed four <modsnip>, sleeping kids to death and then walked out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it meant single as in size. Interesting difference between US and UK there - thanks whoever pointed that out.
I'm in the US and I call them single! Although I'm familiar with twin. I guess I'm an odd ball! I've got a bad back, so I sleep in single-sized bed as it provides the best support for my back.

From a ad based in Chicago
What is the size of a single mattress?

A single and a twin size mattress are the same sizes. Both have the dimensions of 38" by 75", which are designed to fit one person. www.americanmattress.com/pages/mattress-size-chart

Attachments

• Screenshot Capture - 2023-01-05 - 16-54-37.png
    Screenshot Capture - 2023-01-05 - 16-54-37.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I’m not sure if I just don’t know enough about what it takes to kill someone… but I’d think with a knife and being able to easily physically overpower 3 of the 4 victims and having the element of surprise, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to believe BK could have killed all 4 within 4-5 mins, even less. A single stab would to the chest and a stab in the throat to avoid noise.. i know there were more wounds but frenzied, you can practically stab someone once every few seconds…

Watching the court appearance I found it quite odd! His demeanour was that of a man who is engaged,fascinated and interested in what was being said. He did not seem fearful, rattled or in anyway worried about proceedings

I think he’s enjoying it! I also think there’s more to be revealed yet.
This might be the "fun part" for BK. He's in the spotlight, everyone is watching and analyzing his every move, and in his sick mind he thinks he can get out of this?

That's all the DNA that we know about so far. For the PCA, they just have to put him at the scene and prove it's him - bare minimum. I feel certain at trial, they will have a boatload of more evidence.
For me- I’m thinking maybe they not only found his print on the sheath-but maybe someone’s blood-even if only trace amounts. JMO MOO
ETA-typo fixed

I think of single, double, queen, king. Apologies for my confusion. I probably got the twin idea from that home walkthrough someone posted earlier that identified Bedroom 3A as Madison Mogen's room, and the room shows a twin bed.
WOW that IS a small room. You couldn't get away very easily even if you tried. :(

It is a very short amount of time. Still, a doordash delivery could take less than a minute. Park, hop out, leave the bag somewhere, drive off.

The AA says it’s approx 4am that xana gets the delivery, could’ve been a few minutes earlier, no?
Yes give a minute here or there- still just absolutely wow.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, if I were the defense I would wonder why there
Was DNA found only on the button on the sheath--since it was a bloody scene why
Isnt there more blood found on the sheath?
We don't know victim's blood wasn't on sheath (I don't recall that info), just not his except the button. Sounds like he wore gloves, so button touch would've had to been before he put gloves on and before murder.

That's all the DNA that we know about so far. For the PCA, they just have to put him at the scene and prove it's him - bare minimum. I feel certain at trial, they will have a boatload of more evidence.
JMO

Yup. The fact that he left his knifes sheath behind makes it entirely plausible he was sloppy in other parts of his crime. More evidence against him will be found no doubt.

I think the parking of the vehicle and the crimes occur during those 16 minutes, yes. There's just not a line of vision from any camera to his parked car. If he parked it where we see officers look at tread marks and skid marks in the driveway, it would not have been visible from those other cameras.
Fair enough but lets also take in to account that the car was in motion at 4:04 and again at 4:20 and it states "in the area" for both time stamps. If BCK was in the car driving even being close to 1122 King wouldn't you agree that the 16 minute window of being inside the residence committing the murders would be greatly reduced?
IMO I just cant see being in a car, parking it in a non descript place, walking to the house, breaching entry, killing four people in a two story house, with one or two possibly putting up a fight, leaving the house getting back to where ever the car is parked (driveway or not, which I doubt) getting in the car and being seen again on another camera "in the area" at 4:20 only 16 mins later...maybe its just me but I dont see that happening.
So he did his 3 point turn at some point after 4:04, is not seen parking or doing anything at all after that until it arrives back in camera view at 4:20 am at a high rate of speed. So he turned around, went back, is out of view for an undisclosed amount of time. It does NOT say he was driving around all that time. "Next seen" means there was a gap.

OK, to start: hiiii!!! I've been MIA (couple of brain surgeries in last couple yrs) but I'm trying to get the hang of a new layout, websleuths is a bit different! I am trying to get my hands on the pca, any help? Bear with me as I get comfy again, I haven't been around since Gannon. (RiP)
I'm glad to be back!

Still trying to comprehend this:

A 4:00am Doordash Delivery.

Suspect car spotted entering the area 4:04am (you have to give him a few mintues to park car and get out etc)

A security camera near the home picked up the sound of a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog was also heard barking numerous times starting at 4.17am.

BK car spotted leaving area at 4:20am (at high rate of spead).

That gave him approx 9 mins to do what he did???

I can't fathom this???

I have to agree. The Doordash delivery does seem to "mess" with the total time involved.

*I keep thinking I'm missing some info that better explains this.

Do you all surmise that the trip south past Clarkston, WA then out near Johnson ID was to dispose of the knife and/or other evidence? Where was he after he pinged near Johnson ID for 3 hours? And I wonder what he was buying at Albertsons. It could be something benign…or not.
Absolutely! I would think investigators would have searched that whole route, which would be extensive and very time consuming, but if they really want that murder weapon.....

Because they knew who he was and had eyes on him.

BAU probably profiled him as well. And they were right about him, as far as we know.

Well, yes and no. At the time they said "approximate time of death" was 3-4, they might already have known it was later - maybe not. Maybe that was in fact the first guess and they just let it hang out there.

We now know they had plates and DMV records on the car, but it wasn't a 2011-2013 Elantra. It was 2015. Etc. AFAIK, they did not correct that. Not that most people can tell model years on sight, but still.

IOW, when they made some original statements that the public took as facts, they later learned something else (very quickly too) but did not rescind or correct the original information. For good reasons.

And they don't have to. But some would say that's "misrepresenting," I think.

As a teacher, I don't think it would be an easy sell to today's students to try and convince them (I typically start with videos of various mammals performing these actions, as all mammalian brains have similar wiring in this regard). Flight means "run away." In fact, there are posters in my classroom outlining one's choices in case an assailant attacks us:

1) Hide/freeze under the desks
2) Run away/flight
3) Find an object and fight

These are illustrated by pictures, of course. I always add: think about using furniture in a more creative way than just hiding (such as blockading/obstructing). I also ask how many people have a weapon with them, with interesting results (they are not supposed to have guns, btw - and sometimes a person will still reveal they have one with them). Mostly it's knives, pepper spray, bear spray, and sometimes, even, hair spray (which in a pinch can be weaponized).

I also point out that several doors in my main classroom do not open without a key (which is something I've complained about over and over, and ask them to watch while I demonstrate which doors can be opened from the inside and which cannot). The ones that don't open are class and can be broken from the outside by an assailant with a gun, but they are fairly sturdy and no one anyone could break them easily with anything less than gunfire, IMO.

I then tell them that sitting nearer to an operable door is a good tactic (this changes nothing about where they sit, though - not once). All of them tend to choose their seats on first day, and with rare exceptions, do not change where they sit. They cannot give me their reasoning on this. Or won't tell me, one or the other - I think they would if they could though, as they look thoughtful during the discussion. If you have students in your family, please talk to them.

I have been shocked by all the self-reports of U of ID parents in various places saying that they have not mentioned the murders to their vacationing students, for fear of "worrying them" or '"triggering them." A little worry can be a good thing and if a student is so fragile that they cannot handle a parent's words on such matters, I have no clue how they're handling college professors and the signage and the lessons on "active shooter procedures" that most schools - even elementary schools - are practicing.

I hope everyone talks safety with their families - one more time. Cameras. Cameras are very good.
Rigatoni999 said:
My biggest question is how the police could almost immediately say they think there is no danger to the community after an unknown knife murderer just killed 4 people?

"Because they knew who he was and had eyes on him."

Disagree. They said this the next day. They did not "know who he was" for at least 2 weeks...

Just an fyi of the process…

According to Sanders, once Kohberger arrives in Latah County, he will be formally arrested by Idaho authorities.

Kohberger will then have a first appearance hearing, where bail is usually set.

This is followed by a preliminary hearing, where prosecutors present evidence and witnesses in open court and the judge rules on whether to bind Kohberger over for trial, meaning the case is sent to district court. Sometimes defendants can waive the preliminary hearing.

Alternatively, Kohberger could go through the grand jury process, which is a mechanism to bring a serious criminal matter to district court and would replace the preliminary hearing. This process could lead to an indictment.

After bail and preliminary hearings, Kohberger would then have an arraignment hearing. That is when he will enter a plea of guilty or not guilty. After that, if the prosecutors and defendants wish, they can engage in plea negotiations.

Otherwise, both sides will prepare to go to trial.

What we know about Bryan Kohberger's legal process

It does seem like a short period of time at first, but it's really not when you think about what happened in those 9 minutes or maybe more so what didn't happen. There was no sexual assault, the house wasn't ransacked/lot of property stolen, no prolonged struggles with the victims, etc. He literally walked in and stabbed four drunk, sleeping kids to death and then walked out.
I guess you have a point - even still...

just wow. the adrenaline rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members