ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's the sequence, though. He apparently applied to be an intern sometime in fall of 2022. His security guard stint was across the country and ended in 2021. He was a guard well before he applied to be a police intern. He didn't become a guard because his internship fell through.
Understood, I don’t think the order matters as much as the work he qualified/didn’t qualify for and his continued desire to enter the field from multiple different points of entry.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet. I was thinking about what the family members said publicly and as I recall KG’s father said something along the lines of focusing on something that isn’t there that should be. Could he have been referencing the knife sheath? As in - do you know someone who is missing a knife sheath that used to be there?
I was wondering if it wasn’t a message for the killer-if he were to know about the the sheath at that point.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet. I was thinking about what the family members said publicly and as I recall KG’s father said something along the lines of focusing on something that isn’t there that should be. Could he have been referencing the knife sheath? As in - do you know someone who is missing a knife sheath that used to be there?
That’s an interesting thought. Could it also be the Pa plate on the car or did that change happen after he said this?

Understood, I don’t think the order matters as much as the work he qualified/didn’t qualify for and his continued desire to enter the field from multiple different points of entry.
Ah okay I see what you're saying! I am really curious what he tried to pitch as an internship as a PhD student.

After viewing the virtual tour of the house on this site, I don't think he saw DM in her doorway. Her room was across from kitchen to his left if he was coming from X room. The stairway to level 3 and a storage closet are between X room and kitchen opening. He would be veering immediately to the right from living room into kitchen to exit out back slider.
Agreed. She was standing in the stairwell or near the top of the landing. It was dark. She didn’t move, so the predator didn’t see her. Much like the kids are told to FREEZE in Jurassic Park as the Rex can’t track them by sight alone. With that much adrenaline he was hyper-focused. He never saw the fifth roommate. Jmoo

If BK didn't frequent Mad Greek (current staff said they didn't recognize him), and he was a student/TA at WSU (not IU), but had begun visiting / driving by the house as soon as maybe late August (around when he most likely moved to the area)... I really wonder where he encountered one (or more) of the victims. The PCA revealed a lot about what LE has on the suspect, and it seems very incriminating, but I am curious what more they will find out to connect him to the victims. I would be very surprised if he picked the house at random and started stalking the residents from there, but that's kind of what it seems like based on the cellular data described in the PCA. Unlikely, so I'm looking forward for LE to have the opportunity to fill in the gaps + make connections, if they exist.

I wonder if he was practicing disguise, a little. If he did something as simple as wear a beanie, pulled down past his brows, he would look quite different. If he gave people a big smile in addition, no one would connect him to the man in these photos.

IMO. This is something people do, and something some criminals (people who commit multiple serial crimes especially) do. It's also something that people with certain kinds of mentalities do. If there was a Venn diagram, there would be only some overlap between those two categories.

OTOH, I find it so hard to believe (right now) that BK is capable of sustaining smiles and a gracious expression for a server at a restaurant. There's an alley behind Mad Greek where people sometimes hang out (back door of MG opens on to some other establishments, it's a small, darkish gathering place - the employees at Mad Greek likely go out there for breaks). I'm not sure if triangulation of cell tower pings can show whether he was in between two establishments as opposed to being in one of them.

My baseline belief (based on intuition; MOO) is that BK didn't go out for meals much or at all.

^ This is my theory also… especially with the words said “someone is in here” (not sure I quoted that exactly…) but I believe X heard or saw something that alerted her to the intruder…she then alerted E
IMO
My thought when reading it was that perhaps she said "someone is in here" and E went to check and encountered BK. And, when she didn't hear back from E, she went to find him and discovered his body and realized he was either hurt or dead. That would account for her crying - and for BK to come up on her telling her to not worry and that he would help her. And perhaps he said that to catch her attention so that she would move to a better position to strike and kill her as silently as possible.

Most camera's (especially the Ring type of camera) do not pick up audio alone. They are motion activated so there would of had to have been some type of motion that had already caused the camera to activate, for it to be able to then pick up any sounds.
I have a Ring doorbell camera, and push notifications are triggered by motion but it always records sound and video. The range/distance of where motion will trigger it can be adjusted. But if I want, I can go back and look at audio/video from a specific time and date.

From what I read neighbor has camera/audio 50 feet from e &x bedroom, it picked up voices of whimper followed by loud thud, a dog can also be heard.
Do we have clip of that video/audio footage?

Is it possible he responded to a roommate ad for the house and was out there in June to line up housing? And he was rejected from being a roommate? If he was NOT out there in June … someone else was using the same phone …?
That's what I want to know. What's the connection, why these kids? The roommate idea could make sense.

I thought it meant single as in size. Interesting difference between US and UK there - thanks whoever pointed that out.
I'm in my 60s, so I grew up calling a twin bed a single bed. In a hotel/motel setting, a single would mean a double or queen bed as the only bed in the room. (At least I think that's the case.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member