ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if LE is sure it was BK's car as opposed to a car that looks like his? Did LE see BK in the car?

If LE can prove BK was seen at 9:00am at the scene of the murders then yes, this is very incriminating evidence. Any time you can place a suspect/defendant at a crime scene the same day the crime took place, it really makes an impression on the jurors hearing the Case.
As far as I know all of the videos of the Elantra are not verified with a plate number but instead linked to BK by timestamps matched to cell phone location records.

Was BK identified by an eye witness at the crime scene at 9:00 am ? Not that I know of but his phone was nearby according to records that LE abtained. JMO.

It is in the affidavit that the young person who saw him from her door was in the other 2nd floor bedroom.
Thanks for the info didn’t read the whole transcript. <modsnip>

So let’s say the survivors ran into a 2nd floor room and locked it. Why did she wait hours to call police.

I am also surprised BK didn’t try to kill the survivors as well regardless of the lock door since I always felt the killer wasn’t knowingly leaving any witnesses

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this LE written affidavit was excellent for the most part, but this section gave me a headache. I still don’t totally understand it, and surely it could have been worded more clearly.

What I think he tried to say is that immediately after the murders, BK went down this way (south), which was “consistent” with where he returned to later in the day when he went dark between 5:36 - 8:30pm in the area *somewhere near?* Johnson, ID.

But I didn’t see where he’d traveled that far east (i.e., Johnson, ID),“immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.” After the murders, his phone had pinged near Genessee and Uniontown, ID. (pp. 13-14 of affidavit).

Thats not in the same area he traveled to immediately following the murders, and I find it confusing. Johnson, ID looks a good distance away (~75 miles), and that’s just the last place he pinged before going dark for 3 hours.

There, isn’t that as clear as mud? :)
Lol, exactly.

It reads as if a paragraph in the PCA was originally written describing this detail, then removed later and this reference not cleaned up. I really think his long drives with his phone turned off will bring the evidence needed to seal this case closed.

I think a big stumbling block a lot of people are having is trying to use logic for the actions of some unstable person who brutally killed 4 people in a short period of time. No one who does that is thinking clearly and logically no matter what. This was no professional hit man or killer with dozens of murders under his belt. Unless of course he is linked to other murders but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say these were his 1st kills.

This appears to be a very emotionally charged and motivated murder that three other random people got caught up with. I think he had one target in mind and then things got out of control very quickly. He wasn't expecting another person in the room, let alone two other people entering the situation. By the time he came across Dylan, the adrenaline was wearing off and the magnitude of what he did started to mess with him.

None of this was well thought out considering the mistakes he made. I'm willing to bet that he was in a certain amount of shock. His actions afterward seem to lead to a reaction to his screw-ups rather than a well thought out plan to kill one person and get away with it, let alone 4.
RBBM.
Thank you, I needed that.
My first post on WS, was just a few weeks before these murders happened. I ended my post saying "Think critical, friends" or something similar.
Within the last 10-14 days with all of the alleged evidence and fake stories, and trying to keep up on the threads, I realised from reading your post that my ability to think critically which i was very proud of, had weakened.

So, think critically friends.

I didn’t say I thought it was a good plan. Just musing over what he may be up to, if the question wasn’t trying to just feel out whether or not a parent got pulled in along with him. Was he planting a seed that someone else could be culpable?
I'd think he have to name that person specifically or it wouldn't matter. IMO

Let’s say one of the surviving girls on the first floor saw the attacker and then ran into her room and locked the door. Let’s say she didn’t want the attacker to hear her voice etc. She should have dialed 911 in her room, not say anything and hang up. That would alert the police to trace the call and send out officers to where the call came from right away.

Also if she saw this knife wielding man.
Why run back into your room, sit there do nothing. In addition to NOT calling the police and stay hidden for several hours? The survivors didn’t call police till noon that day.

It makes no sense if the surviving girls did what transcripts have alleged.

If you dial 911 and hang up without saying anything the police will trace your call within minutes if not seconds and automatically send police over to where the call came from.

Well it's not clear that she saw the man with a knife. It does not say that in the affidavit. From what I read in the affidavit, yeah it does seem like there is information missing that would make the events and how things unfolded make more sense.

But I don't think it doesn't make any sense that DM would just lock herself in her room and fall back asleep. Yeah she saw someone she did not recognize in the house around 4 am and it seems as though she was alarmed by the male's presence. But there was nothing in the affidavit to me that suggests there would be any other reason (other than seeing him) to be concerned.

And yeah, if I put myself in her shoes, I would certainly be on the phone with 911. But I don't live with a bunch of other college roommates. There is absolutely no one in my house that would be getting door dash deliveries at 4 AM. In fact, if someone knocked on my door at 4 AM, I would be come incredibly defensive.

But again, that's me. Not her. I think it's entirely possible and reasonable that she was freaked out by seeing him, went into her room and locked herself in, probably tried to make sense of things afterwards, and eventually fell back asleep thinking nothing was wrong with her roommates.

I'm not a lawyer but I do watch a lot of crime shows both fact and fiction, and I am 100% sure no one on either side will call BK's fourth-grade teacher or his ninth-grade friend as a witness.

IMO, I think it’s highly likely his teachers will be found and at least interviewed about him along with anyone that was friends with him (going back to elementary school). Might not be called as a witness, unless they have some information particularly aggravating or mitigating about him, but the defense will absolutely be finding anyone with information about him. Also not a lawyer tho.

Thanks for the info didn’t read the whole transcript. The other poster could have politely told me what you did without saying stop it.

So let’s say the survivors ran into a 2nd floor room and locked it. Why did she wait hours to call police.

I am also surprised BK didn’t try to kill the survivors as well regardless of the lock door since I always felt the killer wasn’t knowingly leaving any witnesses
We will get answers to these questions in time. Case just continues to get stranger.

As a true crime junkie, I must disagree.

Unless he had a night of pure dumb luck, I fail to see how he could kill four people in under 20 minutes, and elude capture for weeks, without a lot of careful planning.

Like I said before, it's like a general planning for a beach invasion and forgetting about planning for how many boats and ships he's going to need.

This was anything but careful planning. The aimless driving, 3 point turns, driving into a dead end area and driving back and forth in front of the murder house....in a neighborhood that doesn't get that much vehicle traffic at that point during the day. Not to mention using your car in the first place with all the cameras. That is not moving with a purpose. That's sloppy. It was the LE mentioning that it was a sloppy crime scene that made me feel it was not a prior soldier as many on here claimed.

Forget everything else. Just the actions of the vehicle movement alone shows me this was POOR planning.

Thanks for the info didn’t read the whole transcript. <modsnip>

We are all finding out new info from the released legal documented affidavit.

My heart breaks for all who lived and died in this horror. I can't explain and won't ascribe anything to anyone besides the monster who created this situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely true. But they didn't have the evidence to arrest him.

Which means to me that this was a carefully planned crime on his part, rather than a spur of the moment, frenzy thing in which he would have left evidence all over the place.
He did leave evidence all over the place. Sheath, shoe print, video footage, phone records, witness.

What examples can you give that his was "carefully planned"? IMO, wearing black, having a mask and turning your cell phone on/off wouldn't qualify as careful planning. I'm curious as to what you think that he did that was well-planned.

He probably was searching for news on the murders and just couldn't wait anymore. Imagine his surprise when he drove by and didn't see any police activity.
I bet he was let down, seeing no activity there. I’m actually surprised he didn’t go get a coffee and then sit somewhere nearby to watch the day unfold.

I strongly disagree with this and the post immediately above this one. But it is fair game to speculate and certainly plausible.

I think the murderer was acting consistent with his worldview, in a way that showed planning and intellectual competency, and was fulfilling his desire to take lives. He understood right vs. wrong and was calculated in his approach.

What he did is a representation of who he is and what he believes, rather than an aberrant state brought on by environment or circumstances. It’s not externally rational, but I believe it was rational to him. I don’t think it was emotional or a crime of passion. The evidence will likely show that he planned it out for a long time and carried out his plan to the best of his abilities, all while holding a job and tending to his daily responsibilities, and that he took measured steps afterwards to conceal the crime.

My opinion only as well.

I agree with all that you've said, based on the - perhaps limited - evidence of his life that we have. A state of mental illness is different to being inherently disordered. I don't have any evidence to suggest that he is distressed or lacking in mental capacity.

We are all finding out new info from the released legal documented affidavit.

My heart breaks for all who lived and died in this horror. I can't explain and won't ascribe anything to anyone besides the monster who created this situation.
Yes same here!!

As far as I know all of the videos of the Elantra are not verified with a plate number but instead linked to BK by timestamps matched to cell phone location records.

Was BK identified by an eye witness at the crime scene at 9:00 am ? Not that I know of but his phone was nearby according to records that LE abtained. JMO.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members