ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post in thread 'ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53' ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

So I am asked how I think DNA on the sheath is a weak place.

Oh, I am positive it was his DNA. Question about how it got there and why nowhere else in the house given the (predicted) bloodless of the scene. Just one print.

First, the sheath could have been planted by the real killer who knew BK.

As to the rest... BK might have been waiting in the car near the house for his dealer, for example.

The witness who puts someone with "bushy eyebrows" on this place I would not consider reliable.

The car movements and the phone "behavior" are more reliable.
Sounds like the plot of a terrible B movie, not real life

Just wanted to reiterate my deep
admiration for all the LE and prosecutors involved in arresting Bryan.

IMO the coordination and cooperation among all of them—-Idaho, the FBI and Pennsylvania, appear to be flawless.

It was so professional for Chief Fry and everyone involved to maintain the secrecy of this cross-country logistically complicated arrest, despite the media and public blaming Idaho LE for allegedly not knowing anything.

They gave just the info about the Elantra and kept everything else out of view in order to effect his capture.

And all of them were very circumspect in what they would and mostly wouldn’t answer in the press conferences.

All in order to pull this off with no leaks to tip off the suspect, and to not injure the case in court.

I want to say I’d like to shake the hands of all involved, which I do, (but really I’d like to marry all of them if I could)!

God bless them all and may BK get what’s coming to him.
I agree with every bit of this. And honestly, given the vast number of people who were involved in this investigation, and the fact that not an iota of what we are learning now had been leaked at all, is beyond impressive.

Imo, BCK’s mind is/was stuck in the 70s, but the forensics and technology of 2022 brought his world crashing to a halt. No Rader, Bundy…… continued offending for him!
If only the likes of this guy would end with him, but we know, as true crime sleuths, there’s another waiting to step into his shoes. :(

The records for the 8458 Phone show the 8458 Phone utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to the area of I 122 King Road on at least twelve occasions prior to November 13,2022. All of these occasions, except for one, occurred in the late evening and early moming hours of their respective days.
Reading between the lines. I don't know where these cell towers are, but based on an FCC Map there are only like 6 cell tower locations in Moscow. (Looks like sites put numerous carrier towers in one location)

So was he trolling the general vicinity looking for potential victims and not just 1122 King?

Looks like the tower that services King Rd is on the WA state line and the tower that services where he was stopped is just north of Hwy 8.

Attachments

• Screenshot Capture - 2023-01-05 - 21-13-23.png
    Screenshot Capture - 2023-01-05 - 21-13-23.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 7
I admit that after reading every word of the first 45 threads, I have had to resort to skimming since yesterday morning. So if this has been mentioned, I apologize, but I am wondering, LE has said since early on that something was left behind at the scene, that convinced them that these were targeted murders, and I do not get the sense that it was the sheath that was being referred to, as I do not see how that would be indicative of someone being targeted, unless they think it was intentionally left beside MM, which I just do not believe. Was there something else left that has not been mentioned? Am I mis-remembering? Any thoughts? JMO
The item left behind that is described in the probable cause document was the sheath. If I recall correctly, LE said that it was a targeted attack, but they did not say that a PERSON was targeted. I've always thought that it could be the house, as a place where a bunch of college girls lived. The sheath shows that the knife was carried into the murder scene and that the attack was not just a spur of the moment thing--as it might have been if someone came into the house and got in a fight with someone and picked up a kitchen knife.

I don't want to misquote or misinterpret what CNN had to say so I would appreciate if anyone else watched the show to confirm but they said that during surveillance of the parents home the FBI observed BK cleaning the inside and outside of the Elantra while wearing latex gloves. They also said that they observed BK walking over to the neighbors garbage can at 4am to dispose of a bag of garbage.
Correct that is what I heard.

I don't want to misquote or misinterpret what CNN had to say so I would appreciate if anyone else watched the show to confirm but they said that during surveillance of the parents home the FBI observed BK cleaning the inside and outside of the Elantra while wearing latex gloves. They also said that they observed BK walking over to the neighbors garbage can at 4am to dispose of a bag of garbage.
Is there a link handy and I'll watch it now?

This is something that bothers me. Why would he leave the sheath? It is not like it fell and was out of site under the bed or under the covers. It was right there on top next to the victim. Most people I know with knives either have their sheath on their belt or clipped to a pocket - but they always put the knife in the sheath when they are done. It is a habit, especially with a big knife. Just strange to me that he would carry his knife out without it. JMO

maybe, just maybe he had little experience with a knife therefore it wasn't on his person. With that being said he could have just carried it in, and in the midst of committing all this chaos he left it behind not being accustomed to regularly using the knife with a sheath. Sometimes using and being familiar with a weapon you create muscle memory, if he wasn't used to carrying this weapon it could have easily slipped his mind. A better question would be why did he even bring it in with the knife?

The probable cause affidavit mentions cell tower evidence showing BK’s phone being in the area of the King St house on the 14th, but they do not believe that to be true. How can they say that?

Here is the excerpt from the PCA:
Investigators found that the 8458 Phone did connect to a cell phone tower that provides service to Moscow on November 14, 2022, but investigators do not believe the 8458 Phone was in Moscow on that date. The 8458 Phone has not connected to any towers that provide service to Moscow since that date.
On average, the maximum usable range of a cell tower is 25 miles. While the typical coverage radius of a cell tower is 1 to 3 miles and in dense urban environments, a cell tower usually reaches 0.25 miles to 1 mile before handing off a user's connection to another nearby cell site.Oct 5, 2022

Home › cell-tower-ra...
It doesn't say in the area of 1122 King. It says a cell tower that provides service to Moscow.
MOO the CAST team will be able to explain.

Last edited:
The plates (IE:REGISTRATION) were set to expire on November 20.

November 20 is his birthday, as I alluded to in previous post.

Why he did so in WA instead of PA by mail, who knows and can only speculate. He can have residency in WA without the car being registered in WA (someone said he had to do it for his PHD app?), but if he intended on staying in WA for a while it may have been easiest? I speculate, however, he did so strictly because he would be issued brand new license plate and number in case LE had witness or video of the PA one.
Actually, little known fact… when you move to a new state most states require that you register your vehicle in that state.

You’re required to do it within 30 days of moving to WA.

In this case, he was a resident, student or not. He actually waited way too long to do so.

A link to the WA dmv with the law.

He waited until his plates in PA were about to expire. Waited several months after he moved to WA.

So I am asked how I think DNA on the sheath is a weak place.

Oh, I am positive it was his DNA. Question about how it got there and why nowhere else in the house given the (predicted) bloodless of the scene. Just one print.

First, the sheath could have been planted by the real killer who knew BK.

As to the rest... BK might have been waiting in the car near the house for his dealer, for example.

I'm sorry, but IMO this is completely implausible.

If there were a "real killer who knew BK," is it your impression that this "real killer" said to Bryan, "Hey Bryan, just put your finger here for a second, on the button of this knife sheath, which I will then take with me into the house while you wait in the car?"

IMO the obvious is the obvious.

Bryan's car circulated around that house that night, as did Bryan's phone, and his DNA was found on the weapon used to murder these kids.

It's just straightforward.

Jmo

Last edited:
I'm assuming you mean during the commission of the crime ?
Me too. Did he break into them or were they unlocked?
What if he claims he’s been to a party at the house before, had seen the knife, been intrigued and touched it once. He could claim a frat boy left it or gave it to one of the girls for protection. Because the house is known for welcoming parties, it’s not strange that he could have happened to overhear conversations at mad Greek and gotten word of a party. He could claim that Because he was welcomed in to party in the past he felt like he could just randomly show up for a party in the future. On the night of the murder he was in the area because he was hoping for another welcoming party. He arrives at the house expecting a party….doesn’t find one there…but parked in the area and lurked around or knocked on doors or windows of 1122. He gives up after no one answers and goes home. He later learns of the murder and feels like he can’t come forward out of the fear of being accused. The knife and dna aren’t his main concern. He tries to defend his reason for being there. Now when they have dna of his on the sheath he offers up some insight- “the real killer used this girls knife against herself! I know this because I had talked to her before and she showed me this knife…”

In my mind it all comes down to victims DNA in the car.

To take take it a step further he could even say, yeah I entered a door because it was open. There’s always a party and it’s not even burglary because I just came here to party. I ended up leaving because it seemed like no one was awake. On the way out I walked past a roommate who just stood in the doorway.

I know this is extremely hard to believe, and I know a jury might convict with what is already known. I just find it absolutely imperative that victim dna be found in that car OR some proof that the sheath belongs to BK
dna on the victims is the definitive proof for me or their dna on him or his possessions. He still has a bit of wiggle room. I truly hope there’s more…and I wonder if he was injured and that’s why he let D live? Jmo

I know it's highly unlikely, but I wonder if any of BK's relatives were at the Moscow courthouse today for the charges? Do you think any of them will be there next week? (Is that when he's supposed to enter his plea?)

Just curious and MOO.

The records for the 8458 Phone show the 8458 Phone utilizing cellular resources that provide coverage to the area of I 122 King Road on at least twelve occasions prior to November 13,2022. All of these occasions, except for one, occurred in the late evening and early moming hours of their respective days.
Reading between the lines. I don't know where these cell towers are, but based on an FCC Map there are only like 6 cell tower locations in Moscow. (Looks like sites put numerous carrier towers in one location)

So was he trolling the general vicinity looking for potential victims and not just 1122 King?

Looks like the tower that services King Rd is on the WA state line and the tower that services where he was stopped is just north of Hwy 8.
Maybe I'm reading map wrong but it appears there is a tower smack dab in middle of University of Idaho campus, which is where King house was.

LE saw BK clean his car inside and out, had surgical gloves on, then threw out garbage in neighbors trash at 4:00 am.....they got matching DNA from dad from family garbage and they now are matching BK DNA they got at family house to other DNA.
Where did LE say they saw him cleaning his car? I haven't seen that.

One curious thing after reading the probable cause affidavit about the cell phone pings on the morning of the murder and the next day -- its striking that the areas the phone traveled outside of Moscow and Pullman were near the sites of the Lewis Clark Valley Serial Killer murders. Obviously, our suspect here is way too young to have been involved in those murders, but it was like a tour of the areas. Not to mention, Lewiston is near the Snake River and Columbia River, a great place to get rid of a murder weapon. One of the victims in those murders, Kristina David, was traveling by bike between Moscow and Lewiston, south on 95, where the cell phone pinged in this case, when she was abducted. Small world.

If you have not caught up on the Lewis Clark Valley murders, there is a great documentary out there on it and here's the wikipedia page. An interesting twist in that case is that LE very much thinks they know who committed those crimes back between 1979 and 1982, but have not been able to prove it (again, those crimes were nowhere near as brazen as these).

I could be finding patters where there are none (as our brains like to do) but this is the 3rd similarity between a serial killer & BK. 1: he murdered sorority members (TB) 2: he killed 4 people on his first kill, potentially spoke to victims to calm them, and potentially left living witnesses (BTK), 3: the areas of the LCV murders (which I have never heard about & will be reading)

Is it possible that BK wanted to use parts from each of the people he studied? Is it possible that there is no connection and my theory is wild? Obviously, this is all my opinion.

The item left behind that is described in the probable cause document was the sheath. If I recall correctly, LE said that it was a targeted attack, but they did not say that a PERSON was targeted. I've always thought that it could be the house, as a place where a bunch of college girls lived. The sheath shows that the knife was carried into the murder scene and that the attack was not just a spur of the moment thing--as it might have been if someone came into the house and got in a fight with someone and picked up a kitchen knife.
Yes they did say that early and a lot of people ridiculed them about it, but I think they were right. As I noted in the other thread, after reading the probable cause affidavit, I believe he drove around looking for a place to murder the inhabitants, and he picked this house because he thought it would be easily accessible. It's been commented on many times in these threads how the house would be a security nightmare due to its design and location.

I don't think he saw the inhabitants and planned to kill them. I think he saw the house and planned to kill whoever was in it.

I also suspect the reason he finally struck that night was because it may have been the first time he drove by when it seemed like all the lights were off and he assumed everyone was asleep.

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member