ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have much catching up to do, but popping in here to shout out KUDOS to the Moscow PD and Idaho State police. The affidavit is a masterpiece of documenting a homicide investigation.
I agree. It's very tightly argued and written. And I hope everyone reads the whole document, so as to better understand how much it takes to get an arrest warrant.

I ABSOLUTELY agree. I apologize for doubting the capabilities of the police department in handling this; and I hope everyone else who publicly doubted them as well also apologizes...because the local police (and other collaborating agencies) did do a lot!
Especially those that went out of their way to publicly insult the efforts of LE. I'll keep waiting.....

When i read reviews for KA-BAR knives, lots of people said things like great knife, my grandfather passed one down to me. I can’t wait to pass this one down to my son etc. so maybe it was gifted to him? Maybe it was vintage?
It very well could have been passed down but for his father's sake, I hope not. If he (BK's father) or his father (BK's grandfather) passed that down to BK it would kill his father knowing that knife that's been in the family was used during a quadruple murder. :(

I've seen that too, and I didn't get that from reading the AA. I think it leads us to believe one of KG/MM were the targets (perhaps even both) but I don't think the AA clearly gives us evidence MM was target.

My opinion of sequence of events:

4am~ doordash for Xana

4:04am he is seen parking. Leads me to believe earliest he is in the house is closer to 4:05/06am.

He heads upstairs first.

When DM is awoken "around 4" thinking she hears Kaylee playing with dogs - it's actually the attack/murders of MM/KG happening.

BK heads down stairs somewhere around or after 4:12am (probably closer to 4:17) since we know Xana was still using TikTok up until this time.

IMO Xana was up and heard something which makes her leave her room or perhaps was even just going back and forth to the kitchen to discard her doordash trash.

She sees/hears BK coming down the stairs and this is when DM hears someone say "there's someone here"

I think BK felt he had to kill her now.

I think the biggest question mark for me is the killing of X/E. Im beginning to think Ethan was probably asleep during most of this.
BK sees Xana goes to attack her and she bolts back towards the room (hence the AA making it seem like her body was more likely in the door frame or right at entrance).

In the midst of that attack Ethan wakes up and the killer obviously focuses his attention on Ethan. Kills Ethan, but Xana is still alive "whimpering/crying"

This is when BK says "don't worry I'll help you" that DM hears. I think he probably "finished her off" at this point. (As gross as that was to type).

The murders/attack of X/E happen at the 4:17am mark of when the neighbors cameras pick up the noise closest to Xana's room.

Also the direction the killer comes from in order to be able to "walk past" DM is obviously more so from the direction of Xanas room and not the upstairs.

Then at 4:20 car is seen leaving.

Nothing in the AA shows me or hints to me who exactly between M/K were targets. But I'd be interested to hear actual opinions/evidence that lead people to believe MM target.
I agree with you that we can’t work out a specific target (or if there was only one) from the affidavit. But if there was one targeted victim then I think the combination of what DM heard, and the record of BK visiting the house all those times makes it more likely that MM was the target than anyone else. I agree with your assessment that the 3rd floor was likely BK’s initial focus based on DM’s insight. Presumably BK knew from stalking the house that KG was not permanently there any more. He could have known KG was there from social media, and indeed that could be why he carried it out that night, but I think it’s more likely that he either didn’t risk looking at their social media on the day of the attack or didn’t know the victims by name at all.

Is this ok for him to say?
IMO anything not in the PCA that's let out now, will be heard/read by BK's PD and then told to BK. Eventually they'll learn everything anyway but IMO the prosecutor hasn't released it because he doesn't want to give the defense an early start.

As much as I hate it, BK will probably relish hearing about it.

I was among those that didn’t believe the traffic stops were ever “coincidental”. I haven’t seen anything written regarding their intentions during this road trip to PA. Had BK and his dad stopped for the night in a hotel prior to the traffic stops? Was there a plan at any point during this 37 hr road trip to stop, stretch and rest for periods of time? Was the plan to drive 37 hrs straight, while taking turns at the wheel? I’m assuming BK’s dad is in his mid to late 60’s…maybe even older? BK’s dad doesn’t appear to be in the best physical shape. That would be a rough trip without stopping and resting SEVERAL times for several hours. My body’s cramping up just writing about it!
Something else I noted during the conversations between BK, his dad and the officers is BK’s reverence towards his dad. BK did not interrupt or speak over his dad. Although I can imagine in BK’s head he was silently telling his dad to “shut up”, BK did little to redirect or take over the conversation with the officers. BK made an equal amount of eye contact with both the officers and his dad. IMO there is definitely a level of respect in their father son dynamic.
The OVER explaining and the unneeded extra details throughout both conversations with officers is suspect to me, but could be nerves??

If he'd been casing the house on his 12 forays to the area he may have figured out which car was KG's. When it wasn't there, he may have thought she wasn't there either, not even considering the RR was her's.
But wouldn’t he wonder that maybe someone else was there if a car he wasn’t used to seeing was there?

I'd like to say something about not calling 911 right away. Several years ago, before cell phones, I was asleep in my bed right under an open window. I was awoken by a noise, and then I heard people jumping over my fence. They were right under my bedroom window, and I could hear them whispering. I was so scared and the phone was in another room. I remember laying there trying to figure out how to get to the phone without them seeing or hearing me, but the fear had paralyzed me. I did end up falling back to sleep until my alarm went off hours later. I got up and went to work, not really even thinking or remembering what had happened, until i came home later that morning and found my gate on the other side of the yard open. Then it hit me what had happened and I was freaked out. I never did call the police, but learned later that the folks who had jumped my fence were my neighbors who had just returned from having shot and killed someone.

I can fully relate to DM's frozen in shock statement, because it happened to me. Being too scared to move and then falling asleep that way. I feel a lot of empathy for DM.

"You got to remember these two girls were so upset that when they went outside after seeing this ... one passed out," he said. "And the other one was so hyperventilating that the message wasn’t clear enough for the operator."

SG makes it sound as though both girls had seen the bodies. It was always my understanding that it was the first officer on scene that made the discoveries.

No matter how you look at it, those poor girls are going to be traumatized for life. PTSD, at its finest :oops:. I hope they are able to find a way to block this memory and move forward with their lives.

I've seen that too, and I didn't get that from reading the AA. I think it leads us to believe one of KG/MM were the targets (perhaps even both) but I don't think the AA clearly gives us evidence MM was target.

My opinion of sequence of events:

4am~ doordash for Xana

4:04am he is seen parking. Leads me to believe earliest he is in the house is closer to 4:05/06am.

He heads upstairs first.

When DM is awoken "around 4" thinking she hears Kaylee playing with dogs - it's actually the attack/murders of MM/KG happening.

BK heads down stairs somewhere around or after 4:12am (probably closer to 4:17) since we know Xana was still using TikTok up until this time.

IMO Xana was up and heard something which makes her leave her room or perhaps was even just going back and forth to the kitchen to discard her doordash trash.

She sees/hears BK coming down the stairs and this is when DM hears someone say "there's someone here"

I think BK felt he had to kill her now.

I think the biggest question mark for me is the killing of X/E. Im beginning to think Ethan was probably asleep during most of this.
BK sees Xana goes to attack her and she bolts back towards the room (hence the AA making it seem like her body was more likely in the door frame or right at entrance).

In the midst of that attack Ethan wakes up and the killer obviously focuses his attention on Ethan. Kills Ethan, but Xana is still alive "whimpering/crying"

This is when BK says "don't worry I'll help you" that DM hears. I think he probably "finished her off" at this point. (As gross as that was to type).

The murders/attack of X/E happen at the 4:17am mark of when the neighbors cameras pick up the noise closest to Xana's room.

Also the direction the killer comes from in order to be able to "walk past" DM is obviously more so from the direction of Xanas room and not the upstairs.

Then at 4:20 car is seen leaving.

Nothing in the AA shows me or hints to me who exactly between M/K were targets. But I'd be interested to hear actual opinions/evidence that lead people to believe MM target.
Yes. I think you’ve got it EXACTLY right, and i think that’s the order in which the judge read the victims names yesterday.

Burglary, the sentence, do you understand

Murder of Madison Mogen, the sentence, do you understand

Murder of Kaylee Goncalves, the sentence, do you understand

Murder of Xana Kernodle, the sentence, do you understand

Murder of Ethan Chapin, the sentence, do you understand

The only thing I’d like to add/ask

our outdoor security cameras which were set up by a company are off by 4 mins. They aren’t ring cameras. They are are like little half domes - look like press lights on the soffits. We can watch footage on our tv screen or on our phone. they record a couple months of video.

Is it possible the ring camera was off a few minutes like ours?

I’m growing a bit weary of the “why didn’t DM call 911” stuff. It really doesn’t contribute much and calling 911 is far from a silver bullet. Jayme Closs’ mother called 911 almost immediately and it neither stopped the crime nor got JP apprehended any faster. This poor young woman is traumatized enough.

On the positive side, it makes it easier to get through the threads when I skip them.

moo.
This poor young woman - there Will never be enough cameras and security in her future it’s gonna be hard -a lot of therapy and a lot of support -my heart goes out to her and the other roommate. As mass guy said “she’s very lucky“ . She’s a survivor -amazing-hope for her - a full and awesome life.

Any thoughts on why BK passed Loma,Colorado on the way back to PA? It is not on the shortest route
I wonder if it was due to the weather in the states more north? Or, unless, they wanted to do some sight-seeing?
Edited to add: Or, to take the route less-traveled, perhaps, to avoid the obvious route?

cloud-based forensics ? Anybody?

He submitted his application to the police department at some point during the fall semester, when he took his first semester of classes at WSU after graduating from DeSales University with a master’s degree in psychology and cloud-based forensics in June 2022.

"Kohberger wrote in his essay he had interest in assisting rural law enforcement agencies with how to better collect and analyze technological data in public safety operations," an arrest affidavit states.

Interesting. Prior, MSM reported that his degree was a Master's in Criminal Justice at DeSales. The cloud-based forensics track is a Criminal Justice track. This is just one of many articles saying it was a Master's in Criminal Justice:

I believe the article above is going by what he wrote on his application at the PD. Now I'm very curious as to how he's managed to give the impression of three different master's degrees at DeSales. We do know that Prof B (the one who thinks he's so brilliant) is in the Criminal Justice program, while Dr. R teaches in both psychology and criminal justice.

There may be a certificate in cloud forensics at DeSales, I'll check.

You're the first person I've heard that from. Do you have a source? To my understanding, Kaylee and Madison were seniors. Her obituary reads she "was studying to become an Elementary School teacher."

Not sure if she had moved all her stuff out but this news clip does state she was moving to Austin and had marketing job secured already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub