ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems about right to me. Remember that X&E had been partying and drinking since 9 PM. Jmo, Come back around 2 AM, shower and/or make love and Ethan is ready to snooze. X decides she still awake and hungry so orders DoorDash. Food arrives at 4 AM and she is walking around the kitchen and/or going to the bathroom until 415 when she runs into a Murderer.

Struggle and stabbing back into the bedroom where Ethan starts to stir. Stabs him. X is moaning and crying out for help. As BK approaches her to quiet her, she is clawing to get away and crying out for help. He is saying it’s OK, I am going to help you and finishes her off.

This all happened within a couple of minutes while the neighbors camera at 4:17 heard crying and thumping and dog barking. I assume he rushed past DM bailing on the whole thing because a dog was barking and he never imagined killing more than one or two people. At 4:20 he was seen speeding away.

Crazy to me, we had all been imagining some type of seasoned assassin serial killer planning to kill a house full of people. When it actually seems he came to kill one for the novel experience of it…and then realized he had to kill two and then went downstairs and realized he had to kill three and chased her in the bedroom and realize he had to kill 4. I almost wonder if he saw DM but was so overwhelmed with the dog barking and the sequence of events that he was bailing ASAP rather than killing five.

Among his many dumb moves, definitely dumb to attack a party house on a Saturday night when multiple people are still awake and ordering deliveries. Maybe he could have snuck in and out successfully at 4 AM on a school night when everybody had been sleeping since 1AM.
This. "Crazy to me, we had all been imagining some type of seasoned assassin serial killer planning to kill a house full of people. When it actually seems he came to kill one for the novel experience of it…and then realized he had to kill two and then went downstairs and realized he had to kill three and chased her in the bedroom and realize he had to kill 4."

Sounds very probable.

you wonder how he wound up leaving the knife sheath at the scene, on the bed--- pretty sloppy
Well, there were 2 girls in the bed. Maddie was probably asleep, she appeared pretty drunk that night, but Kaylee was awake, and apparently aware someone was in the house. She might have struggled with him, and the knife sheath fell out of his pocket or wherever he'd stowed it. The room was probably dark; he probably didn't notice he didn't have it until he left. He did go back, the following morning. Maybe he was thinking of retrieving it? That wold be crazy, but...

the fact that the cell phone was on for part of the ride to and from the crime is damning-he won't be able to stay he was home asleep or anywhere else for that matter. You would think he would have turned it off at his residence and turned it back on once he got back (or left the phone at home)

There’s one possible loophole—I don’t know if the affidavit dealt with it. Could the ‘turning on and turning off’ be an artifact of spotty cell tower coverage?

I think in one of photos taken later on , media taking pictures of the crime scene techs, the door dash bag is on the counter or table in the kitchen , with the receipt attached to it . It showed the Pullman restaurant
NYP reposted the photo today; I'd posted it back when it was on DM. Doesn't mention Pullman; doesn't have receipt. Link to story and screen grab below.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 1.43.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 1.43.33 PM.png
    841.7 KB · Views: 109
I think he may have gotten away with it if he just killed one person, which could have been his plan, moo.

getting ISP and FBI in the mix was never what he bargained for.

New phone was graduation present?
Maybe he opened his own account? He could have been on a family account. Perhaps murder was part of his long term plan in Washington & didn’t want his family to have access or be involved. Obviously, I’m just speculating. Your question made me actually put some thought into the new number. MOO

Thanks to you and Lamina for responding to my long post on the previous thread haha... I can't keep up with all of these! (But if people could quote that is helpful because then I get a notification, otherwise it's just chance to see a response...) Anyway, I think this makes a lot of sense with the lights on scenario, and the closeness in time of the DoorDash. I'm also curious if the ead voice saying "someone is here" (Xana?) was meant to imply the DoorDash was there?
How can you quote a post from the past closet thread though? That's why I didn't quote your post. They closed the thread and opened a new one but left that closed down for like 6 hours. Then I posted my thought as soon as thread opened but didn't know how to quote yours from the old thread.

Same here. Then add he most likely saw the DD, knew at least one person would be awake inside the house. And yet he went in anyways. What was the trigger? He seems to have been so desperate to commit this crime that his emotions cancelled common sense. Like he had not thought of an end game here. Like he was so angry he couldn't see straight. imo.
Yes. I cannot rationalize an irrational mind, but the left-behind sheath says a lot, IMO. Clearly the sheath was not attached to his belt, so WHY did he bring the sheath in with him? He thought to wear all black and a mask, he thought to turn off his phone, he thought to leave a PA license plate on his car, but once he got to the house and it was going to happen, his common sense betrayed him. He should have left the sheath in the car.

Once the crime was over and he was back home, common sense kicked back in...changed his license plate, used gloves everywhere he went, put trash in neighbor's cans, etc.

He was definitely in a "zone" as I've seen it said, during the killings. Freaking scary.

you wonder how he wound up leaving the knife sheath at the scene, on the bed--- pretty sloppy
Have you ever just set something down like your car keys and not realized that you had or where you set them down at? IMO BK set the sheath down on MM bed took the knife out, did the murders and walked out of there w/o realizing it was left behind until later. Also IMO since I’m guessing he wore gloves he figured he was safe when he realized he left it behind. He obviously forgot what I’m guessing is his thumbprint DNA the sheaths snap from another time.

Same here. Then add he most likely saw the DD, knew at least one person would be awake inside the house. And yet he went in anyways. What was the trigger? He seems to have been so desperate to commit this crime that his emotions cancelled common sense. Like he had not thought of an end game here. Like he was so angry he couldn't see straight. imo.
Good point about the Door Dash person. That was just minutes before he entered. Maybe they came to the front (bottom floor) door while he was getting ready to slip in through the rear slider and he didn't see it.

His whole approach is too messy to be well thought out. He knew how cell phones were tracked and yet he didn't take evasive measures on his forays into the area to start with or after the attack. Never mind all the camera evidence he brought on himself. I don't see him as being unaware of his actions unless he was becoming unhinged? Contrary to popular belief I just don't believe he was that stupid..Losing touch with reality is a possibility IMO.
Yes, it is very strange how much he didn't account for. The sheath was a mistake, but timing, accounting for cameras, and who knows what is on his devices, all don't make sense if he is a smart, phd student of criminology. I am starting to realize he must have been studying the psychology of killers more than the forensics of physical evidence. He clearly wasn't very aware of physical evidence and how it is found/left behind by killer.

NYP reposted the photo today; I'd posted it back when it was on DM. Doesn't mention Pullman; doesn't have receipt. Link to story and screen grab below.
And the kitchen sink is right in front of bag. Odd place to set your fast food bag. Even after eating it. But other pics of the dining table show cluttered mess a little bit so maybe they weren't super neat and maybe trash can was full. A bunch of college girls living together (I know from my twin girls) can be un-tidy in their apartments. Also, thanks for posting as I now notice the bag was opened.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm to me the location of D.M.'s room? I had been working under the idea that it was on the first floor. Was it on the second floor? That's the only thing that makes sense with the info that the intruder passed by her and left through the sliding glass door.
DM was occupying the room on the 2nd floor, SE corner of that level. I believe her room was under K's on 3rd floor(?). Not 100% on that but the PCA said her bedroom was on the 2nd floor.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I was curious about whether or not XK had the opportunity to eat before everything occurred.

Usually restaurants seal delivery food packages with a sticker, at least in my experience ordering food that has been the case. Tough to tell from the photo, but at the very least it looks like the sticker seal may have been broken here and the bag was opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NH_Gal