ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
correct D.M.'s room (southeast bedroom) was located on the second floor with X.K. (west bedroom)
Third floor was K.G. (west bedroom) and M.M. (southeast by bathroom)
First floor was B.F. (east bedroom) and empty bedroom
View attachment 393143

I wish we knew which way the doors swung into DM's bedroom; did it swing to the short wall or to the longer wall beside the stairs to the third floor? We need to know that so we can figure out which direction DM was looking toward when BK walked right by her. If it swung toward the short wall she'd be looking directly over toward XK's room which would suggest he was walking either toward the stairs leading to the first floor or XK's bedroom. If it swung the other way she'd have a restricted view toward the kitchen and the sliders.

The link I've attached show the layout as opening toward the long wall because a closet is on the short wall. If that is where the closet is located then it definitely makes more sense that way. If it is accurate and BK walked right by her then he was going toward either XK's bedroom or the stairs to the first floor. I think I remember reading that some neighbour walking their dog said the front door was wide open at 8 am.

It is hard to decide what order the sounds DM heard since she opened her door three times to see what the disturbance was.

I'm also curious what that thud sound picked up by a camera at 1112 King. Could it have been BK's car door slamming shut?

Concerning D. She heard what she thought was a roommate playing with their dog, she heard a few sentences, she possibly heard some soft crying. None of that is super alarming. She opened her door and saw a strange man leaving the house. Weird yes, it probably startled her. But really what would she tell the cops?

So she locks her door and all is silent. She probably thought everybody finally settled in for the night so she went to sleep.

As an adult, I get up and check out weird sounds in the night. My dog barking ect...but my teenager stays in bed, I guess figuring if anything was up I'd tell her. Once everything is quiet she goes right back to sleep and asks me about it in the morning.

Yep, I don't believe he could have "figured out" that KG had just purchased a new-to-her Range Rover. Within the past 1.5 weeks according to her mother. It was the first time she had taken it to Moscow,

Of course, she'd been there since Friday, but there's no mention of a 11/12 stalking session that I know of.

I believe someone posted on the last thread that the PCA states that the 12 visits to 1122 were all at night. And I am betting he parked up at that one spot on W. Road (can't think of its full name) where the backside/kitchen side of the house was on full view. I also believe he revisited the scene more than once - probably again on Nov. 13 after LE did arrive, but that wasn't needed for the PCA. JMO.

Always appreciate your posts, btw.
Awww, thank you. And I always feel so much smarter after reading yours. ;)

In regards to the stalking sessions, if I'm not mistaken, all but 1 occured during the very late night or wee hours of the morning, except 1. I believe the 1 that strayed from pattern was on 11/13, when he returned to the scene just after 9a.m.

Screenshot_20230106-112107_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20230106-112453_Drive.jpg

There was no probable cause warrant at that time. I believe they were waiting for it to be signed. Also remember, they retrieved some garbage from a neighbor's bin that the agents observed BK placing there. That could have IMO contained the evidence he cleaned from the car. I'm just wondering why he waited over a month to do this.

If he did wait a month, it was because cleaning his car would have been a behavior that LE were hoping someone had observed.

We do not know that he did not clean his car earlier. I believe his first car-cleaning stop was in Genesee, ID, the night of the murders, when he pulls off the road and heads to a little cluster of businesses in Genesee. This is from the map and times in the DM article with his route map.

He may have stopped other times on that drive, he certainly was up all night. He was smart enough to realize that cleaning his car at his apartment was a bad idea. Local car washes have cameras or human operators.

I also think he likely had cleaning materials and trash bags in his car as prep. Still, I am confident that he could not possibly have gotten all traces of blood out of that car.

He seems like the type that would clean his car again and again.

Can someone confirm to me the location of D.M.'s room? I had been working under the idea that it was on the first floor. Was it on the second floor? That's the only thing that makes sense with the info that the intruder passed by her and left through the sliding glass door.

Maybe both. I don't think it was because he thought anyone else was involved, though.
Here's a guess out of left field. He had to be wracking his brains about leaving that sheath, with his DNA, at the scene. Game over. Maybe he was going to try claiming he had recently sold that knife and sheath, or that someone stole them. And then committed the crime, and purposely left the sheath to frame him (BK). So, "Was anyone else arrested?" If that was his plan, we can be sure he wasn't pleased to hear that the finding was of a 'single source' of DNA on the sheath, his and only his. He could still try that story, claiming the other guy wore gloves etc, but if he really thinks it through, he has to know now that he is toast, no? Add in the car and phone data - and importantly, those two sources matching perfectly - adios. It seems his only hope is a spectacularly clueless jury.

I keep thinking about how it was reported that BK was once told that a sample of glass was unbreakable, so he immediately tested that statement by attempting to break it with a punch (Woman Claims Idaho Murder Suspect Tried to Break Window As a Teen).

What if, in his graduate studies, the statement was made in one of his classses that mass murderers always leave a trace...and his defiant personality took that as a challenge? MOO, but I'll bet those who knew him personally have seen other examples like this.

Can someone confirm to me the location of D.M.'s room? I had been working under the idea that it was on the first floor. Was it on the second floor? That's the only thing that makes sense with the info that the intruder passed by her and left through the sliding glass door.
Second floor

If BK had driven near the residence at least 12 times since August, seemingly never planning to commit the murders any of those times since he had his phone then and not the night of the murders, it makes me very curious why he decided to do it THAT night. He didn't leave his house until after everyone was home, so he couldn't have really known who had come and gone, or who was staying the night.
I think he would have noticed the cars parked in front of the house, so that would be an indication of the number of people in the home. And if BK had staked out the house 12 times, he might have noticed a pattern of Ethan staying overnight at the house, perhaps on weekends.

Awww, thank you. And I always feel so much smarter after reading yours. ;)

In regards to the stalking sessions, if I'm not mistaken, all but 1 occured during the very late night or wee hours of the morning, except 1. I believe the 1 that strayed from pattern was on 11/13, when he returned to the scene just after 9a.m.

View attachment 393164
View attachment 393165

Thank you - saved me from having to go through the whole thing again, as I missed that the first and second times through.

What a doh-doh he is. Cloud forensics no "advertiser censored" way.

Yes, her bedroom was on the second floor next to the stairs that led to the third floor. Seems most people assumed, myself included, that her and BF were on the first floor.

Idaho has no insanity defense.
True, but I believe that insantity in Idaho is still relevant to a person's ability to form the intention to commit murder, therefore is still a factor that can provide some limited defence against intention?

Several posters on the previous thread mentioned that DM’s description of the intruder wouldn’t hold up in court as “bushy eyebrows” describes many males. However, she was spot on with the intruder’s build & height, and black clothing & mask covering his nose and mouth, which I hope are recovered. Unfortunately his eyes and eyebrows are something she will never forget. It was probably difficult to get a good look at his hair because of the dark color and I’m assuming he passed her in a dark hallway, briefly at that. AND Perhaps when she saw BK, he DID have “bushy” eyebrows. He appears to be a clean, well groomed guy and it looks as though he’d had a very recent haircut and maybe had his eyebrows trimmed at the same time, JMO. One of my first impressions upon seeing him in the prison suit on the PA court day was how short, trim and neat his hair appeared. I hope someone is able to provide LE with a clear photo of BK from the last few months (since moving to WA) and if bushy eyebrows are noted, it would back up DM’s testimony in court; JMO.

I have a great deal of empathy for DM and want only the very best for her moving forward. Unfortunately, she will be forever traumatized and haunted by this. She is most definitely a victim and a very brave girl at that. I can’t even begin to imagine the sheer terror and shock she has endured. I hope she is already in counseling to address her pain, suffering and trauma…to work towards eventual recovery.

That's correct. According to the probable cause affidavit, DM's bedroom was on the second (sliding door) level.

The huge problem with motive is that murders of this type usually/often have no motive that makes sense to ordinary people. Whether it’s “I hate Mondays,” or “I wanted to see what it felt like,” the motive isn’t going to be ‘good enough.’

So, LE will pay attention to possible motives, and the DA, at the trial, will have developed a theory of the case, but...’proving motive?’ Not required.

MOO
Correct.
The bold actually made sense to me, like a word equation where each value must be present to have the formal case. Thank you, very understandable explanation.
Exactly! Hope to have you serve on jury duty some day. ;)

Several posters on the previous thread mentioned that DM’s description of the intruder wouldn’t hold up in court as “bushy eyebrows” describes many males. However, she was spot on with the intruder’s build & height, and black clothing & mask covering his nose and mouth, which I hope are recovered. Unfortunately his eyes and eyebrows are something she will never forget. It was probably difficult to get a good look at his hair because of the dark color and I’m assuming he passed her in a dark hallway, briefly at that. AND Perhaps when she saw BK, he DID have “bushy” eyebrows. He appears to be a clean, well groomed guy and it looks as though he’d had a very recent haircut and maybe had his eyebrows trimmed at the same time, JMO. One of my first impressions upon seeing him in the prison suit on the PA court day was how short, trim and neat his hair appeared. I hope someone is able to provide LE with a clear photo of BK from the last few months (since moving to WA) and if bushy eyebrows are noted, it would back up DM’s testimony in court; JMO.

I have a great deal of empathy for DM and want only the very best for her moving forward. Unfortunately, she will be forever traumatized and haunted by this. She is most definitely a victim and a very brave girl at that. I can’t even begin to imagine the sheer terror and shock she has endured. I hope she is already in counseling to address her pain, suffering and trauma…to work towards eventual recovery.
While the hair on his eyebrows may or may not be described by the majority of people as "bushy" he DOES have a pronounced brow ridge.

I’m actually more baffled by him using his own car than the phone stuff. I’m only saying this based on what we know so far. If he hadn’t left the sheath, and there wasn’t any vehicle info, would he have evaded capture? That would have made all of his phone data moot. Though, I definitely think there is much more info that we don’t know. All jmo
Edited: error
MPO (my personal opinion) is the reason he used his own car is because there are so many similar looking ones throughout the state and/or country and he knew he was going to be registering it to Washington (which he probably either did right before or just after the murders) and putting that WA plate on thus replacing the PA plate that he figures may or may not have been spotted at the scene. Again, JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne