ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe both. I don't think it was because he thought anyone else was involved, though.
I think BK has this grandiose idea he is always the smartest person in the room. People who know him said he would often talk about something trying to sound really brainy so others would see how smart he is. IMO since he has a criminology background he thinks it’s really clever of him to cast doubt on him being the culprit by making the comment about someone else being involved.

I've seen that too, and I didn't get that from reading the AA. I think it leads us to believe one of KG/MM were the targets (perhaps even both) but I don't think the AA clearly gives us evidence MM was target.

My opinion of sequence of events:

4am~ doordash for Xana

4:04am he is seen parking. Leads me to believe earliest he is in the house is closer to 4:05/06am.

He heads upstairs first.

When DM is awoken "around 4" thinking she hears Kaylee playing with dogs - it's actually the attack/murders of MM/KG happening.

BK heads down stairs somewhere around or after 4:12am (probably closer to 4:17) since we know Xana was still using TikTok up until this time.

IMO Xana was up and heard something which makes her leave her room or perhaps was even just going back and forth to the kitchen to discard her doordash trash.

She sees/hears BK coming down the stairs and this is when DM hears someone say "there's someone here"

I think BK felt he had to kill her now.

I think the biggest question mark for me is the killing of X/E. Im beginning to think Ethan was probably asleep during most of this.
BK sees Xana goes to attack her and she bolts back towards the room (hence the AA making it seem like her body was more likely in the door frame or right at entrance).

In the midst of that attack Ethan wakes up and the killer obviously focuses his attention on Ethan. Kills Ethan, but Xana is still alive "whimpering/crying"

This is when BK says "don't worry I'll help you" that DM hears. I think he probably "finished her off" at this point. (As gross as that was to type).

The murders/attack of X/E happen at the 4:17am mark of when the neighbors cameras pick up the noise closest to Xana's room.

Also the direction the killer comes from in order to be able to "walk past" DM is obviously more so from the direction of Xanas room and not the upstairs.

Then at 4:20 car is seen leaving.

Nothing in the AA shows me or hints to me who exactly between M/K were targets. But I'd be interested to hear actual opinions/evidence that lead people to believe MM target.
Did BK park behind the house? Up the hill? Is that correct?

I've read almost every post on these threads and have one question and one comment.

Was there anyone living in the first floor bedroom? Reports are of surviving roommates (plural). I have not seen anyone other than D mentioned.

Also, I am struck by how exposed M was due to the sliding glass doors. In the exterior shots, I see only flimsy drapes, or maybe none at all. It's hard to tell, but I expect that anyone in that room with the lights on in the evening was visible from the outside. Maybe it's because I'm a visual/observant type and always looking around when I'm on the sidewalk or in a car, but as a young person I took note of the fact that I was able to see into homes pretty easily at night. As I got older and more aware, I was always careful to pull shades down in the evening. I still yell at my husband about this. He says, "If they want to look at me, let 'em. Big thrill." Well, then of course we have the talk about the difference between how men live, and how women must live. It was eye-opening to him. The natural innocence of young people makes me sad when something like this happens. Bottom line is, situational awareness won't help you when someone is this evil.

It is, but he didn’t exactly make it hard for them. He may aswell left his business card at the scene. Multiple videos of suspect vehicle 1 was caught in the area…. He made this very very easy for them imo.
Actually Not too sure why it took 7 weeks!

You make it sound so easy. Let's not forget they started with nothing.....a total unknown other than a very limited physical description. From there they located a suspect vehicle (1 out of 22k just in the immediate area) without having the license plate and identified the person who drives it. Then tracked that persons movement using video surveillance of the car in motion along with cell phone records to place them near the crime scene. They then showed a stalking like pattern in the previous months from additional cell phone records. Finally they matched DNA recovered across country to that recovered from within the crime scene.

That is anything but a gimmie.

Last edited:
But she just got her car, a week or so prior to the murders, or so I thought. Moo

Yep, I don't believe he could have "figured out" that KG had just purchased a new-to-her Range Rover. Within the past 1.5 weeks according to her mother. It was the first time she had taken it to Moscow,

Of course, she'd been there since Friday, but there's no mention of a 11/12 stalking session that I know of.

I believe someone posted on the last thread that the PCA states that the 12 visits to 1122 were all at night. And I am betting he parked up at that one spot on W. Road (can't think of its full name) where the backside/kitchen side of the house was on full view. I also believe he revisited the scene more than once - probably again on Nov. 13 after LE did arrive, but that wasn't needed for the PCA. JMO.

Always appreciate your posts, btw.

Why do you think BK asked if anyone else had been arrested? Was he trying to throw the investigators off or plant a seed of doubt?
I think perhaps he thought about his father. His father could be mistakenly implicated because he had joined him on the drive home to PA, although perhaps BK and his father had talked about something to do with the case that could implicate them both. It is hard to know anything for sure since the police cannot comment on the circumstances of the arrest so all MOO and speculation.

This seems about right to me. Remember that X&E had been partying and drinking since 9 PM. Jmo, Come back around 2 AM, shower and/or make love and Ethan is ready to snooze. X decides she still awake and hungry so orders DoorDash. Food arrives at 4 AM and she is walking around the kitchen and/or going to the bathroom until 415 when she runs into a Murderer.

Struggle and stabbing back into the bedroom where Ethan starts to stir. Stabs him. X is moaning and crying out for help. As BK approaches her to quiet her, she is clawing to get away and crying out for help. He is saying it’s OK, I am going to help you and finishes her off.

This all happened within a couple of minutes while the neighbors camera at 4:17 heard crying and thumping and dog barking. I assume he rushed past DM bailing on the whole thing because a dog was barking and he never imagined killing more than one or two people. At 4:20 he was seen speeding away.

Crazy to me, we had all been imagining some type of seasoned assassin serial killer planning to kill a house full of people. When it actually seems he came to kill one for the novel experience of it…and then realized he had to kill two and then went downstairs and realized he had to kill three and chased her in the bedroom and realize he had to kill 4. I almost wonder if he saw DM but was so overwhelmed with the dog barking and the sequence of events that he was bailing ASAP rather than killing five.

Among his many dumb moves, definitely dumb to attack a party house on a Saturday night when multiple people are still awake and ordering deliveries. Maybe he could have snuck in and out successfully at 4 AM on a school night when everybody had been sleeping since 1AM.
I think if he saw DM she would be dead. I think when he left X's room he was focused to the right towards leaving the house and didn't even notice DM to the left. Someone drew this out on the floorplan in the last thread. I can't remember who, maybe they can repost it. Imo.

I can't believe he would be so brazen as to drive by the home 3x-4x. One has to know they are likely being recorded by cameras/ring doorbells etc.

I also wonder if it's normal for a killer to kill so close to where he lives? I mean, unless it really was a targeted kill.

But, if he was just killing to be killing, that seems pretty risky.

What an idiot!! Bringing his cell phone and turning it off and on during critical moments in the murder left a trail back to him. What’s worse (or good) cell phone was with him during all the hours of the house Being stalked weeks ago. But the icing on the cake is coming back to the crime scene at 9:00 a.m. same day with his cell phone on. LOL.
I’m actually more baffled by him using his own car than the phone stuff. I’m only saying this based on what we know so far. If he hadn’t left the sheath, and there wasn’t any vehicle info, would he have evaded capture? That would have made all of his phone data moot. Though, I definitely think there is much more info that we don’t know. All jmo
Edited: error

Forgive my ignorance but XK’s dad said she had bruises from the knife. Surely, it takes a while for bruises to form? (Correct me if wrong) so while she was bleeding out the bruises formed? Because I’ve never had a bruise form instantly before? Or is it different with knives/dying?
I've thought about that too. I've also wondered if not all died as immediate or instantly as LE and the coroner have stated (which I think if untrue was said to lessen the blow to the Victim's families). Then, after reading the PCA, I believe even more now that now all were deceased. I think it's quite possible that X was still alive for as much as 5 minutes after she was attacked, which could explain bruising.

I am not a pathologist or have any experience in that field. What I'm sharing is strictly JMO

Why do you think BK asked if anyone else had been arrested? Was he trying to throw the investigators off or plant a seed of doubt?
I thought that he was worried about possible culpability regarding his dad. However, it could have been a plan to establish doubt. But, I don‘t think he is smart enough to establish that after reading all his blunders so far.

Last edited:
Do you think that Bryan targeted Maddie because she represented the type of girl that he despised <modsnip> or do you think that he had some kind of interaction with her and developed a grudge because of some perceived slight?

I am undecided. (I don't necessarily think Maddie was the target because there was talk of Kaylee having a stalker, but the same questions could apply regardless of which girl was the target.)
I think he targeted a house of students.
There is nothing to suggest he targeted one.
I think he wanted to kill 4 people and that is what he did, not 5, 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is MOO, but I don't think BK knew E was there that night. BK is a coward who attacks innocent women while they are sleeping. I believe that if he had known that E was in the house, he wouldn't have attacked that night.

I also believe that's why he didn't see D as he was leaving. He was freaked out from E being there and realized he didn't know who else was in the house. He was trying to get out of that house ASAP and didn't see D standing there.

I think BK has this grandiose idea he is always the smartest person in the room. People who know him said he would often talk about something trying to sound really brainy so others would see how smart he is. IMO since he has a criminology background he thinks it’s really clever of him to cast doubt on him being the culprit by making the comment about someone else being involved.

I'm thinking along the same lines. He kills but all the while, he convinces himself he's smarter than everyone else, and he may have planned ahead to say that if he was arrested.

Yes I think there was some confusion about the phone - I believe this just came from the fact the affidavit refers to the account being opened on 23 June 2022, as you mention. My interpretation was that didn’t necessarily mean he was in the area on this date. (Edited to add: according to affidavit, plan was linked to address in PA so seems likely BK was still there at this stage).

Agree - it does seem strange to get a new plan so recently. Maybe he got a new phone in anticipation of the move (I can imagine students might be sorting a number of administrative things such as bank accounts etc around this time) and/or maybe he had already started thinking about what he was going to try and attempt once he arrived and decided a new phone would more effectively cover his tracks. MOO
BK didn't cover his tracks very well by getting a new phone/number because he gave the correct phone number to a LE officer during the August 21st traffic stop.
During the stop which was recorded via a law enforcement body camera Kohberger provided his phone number as 8458,
hereafter the ..8458 Phone" as his cellular telephone number.

What an idiot!! Bringing his cell phone and turning it off and on during critical moments in the murder left a trail back to him. What’s worse (or good) cell phone was with him during all the hours of the house Being stalked weeks ago. But the icing on the cake is coming back to the crime scene at 9:00 a.m. same day with his cell phone on. LOL.
MOO It was the citizen security cam footage of the Elantra which led to finding his Elantra which led to his registration and a ticket with his cell number, then that cell number’s history.
MOO It was not his cell phone history that led to him.

Luckily, most criminals are not smart to begin with, which is why they think committing a crime will solve anything for them.

Delphi had a subpoena for a 5 Mile radius for all cell activity and yet MOO the murderer was on the trail with a phone, actually the suspect said he was on the phone, actively using data, and yet he was never tracked down from it. He was arrested on completely separate grounds.

I've read almost every post on these threads and have one question and one comment.

Was there anyone living in the first floor bedroom? Reports are of surviving roommates (plural). I have not seen anyone other than D mentioned.

Also, I am struck by how exposed M was due to the sliding glass doors. In the exterior shots, I see only flimsy drapes, or maybe none at all. It's hard to tell, but I expect that anyone in that room with the lights on in the evening was visible from the outside. Maybe it's because I'm a visual/observant type and always looking around when I'm on the sidewalk or in a car, but as a young person I took note of the fact that I was able to see into homes pretty easily at night. As I got older and more aware, I was always careful to pull shades down in the evening. I still yell at my husband about this. He says, "If they want to look at me, let 'em. Big thrill." Well, then of course we have the talk about the difference between how men live, and how women must live. It was eye-opening to him. The natural innocence of young people makes me sad when something like this happens. Bottom line is, situational awareness won't help you when someone is this evil.
The second surviving roommate was on the first floor, east bedroom (see bottom of page 2 of the PCA).

M’s room didn’t have sliding glass doors - that was K’s room on the third floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne