ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If BK had driven near the residence at least 12 times since August, seemingly never planning to commit the murders any of those times since he had his phone then and not the night of the murders, it makes me very curious why he decided to do it THAT night. He didn't leave his house until after everyone was home, so he couldn't have really known who had come and gone, or who was staying the night.

To go south and catch I-70. Could have been to avoid weather on northern route, not sure though what weather was that week.
I do this all the time. 1-80 or 1-70 depending on the weather. I prefer I -80 because I -70 is one torn up rough road at times. Imo.

I've wondered about that, too. And if that was behind these murders, it makes me feel as though they may not be his first murders.
I agree with you on the thrill kill aspect. I think BK did his research(through his criminology background), planned and executed what he thought was a perfect crime. He wanted someone to suffer and chose this house with these innocent people to pay with there lives just because he could.

Why do you think BK asked if anyone else had been arrested? Was he trying to throw the investigators off or plant a seed of doubt?
Deep down I kind of veer towards those words were him being concerned about his parents, as the arrest happened at their house. Second thought of mine is concern for another party, unknown at this time. Third thought of mine veers towards a want to bring doubt against him and/or wanting to sound like JWGacy.

But, if I'm gonna pick apart words -which admittedly I do that A LOT - I want to rhetorically ask the universe 'wouldn't that very question be a roundabout way of admitting guilt, if one reads between the lines?' Almost as if to say 'all right, ya got me, but who else ya got?'

Idk. All just my speculative grammar-fickle brain turning its gears.

This is MOO, but I don't think BK knew E was there that night. BK is a coward who attacks innocent women while they are sleeping. I believe that if he had known that E was in the house, he wouldn't have attacked that night.

I also believe that's why he didn't see D as he was leaving. He was freaked out from E being there and realized he didn't know who else was in the house. He was trying to get out of that house ASAP and didn't see D standing there.
What's interesting to me is that if his vehicle/phone was near that residence at least 12 times since August, because he was casing the place/stalking, then he also was likely somewhat aware of the comings and goings of the frat house E belonged to as it was literally right across the street. JMO.

Reading your post about how he graded differently after the murders (he was easier on them) made me wonder if prior to the murders he was really wound up tight, and then after he finally performed the murders (I say finally because he stalked them for a while before the horrendous act) he was more relaxed. Like the weight of the devil sitting on one shoulder saying "Do it!!" was finally lifted. Or it could simply be preoccupation with reliving that night over and over in his mind and just not wanting to give the job of grading much time, thought, or effort. :(

and started grading leniently following the murders of the four University of Idaho students.

“Definitely around then, he started grading everybody just 100s. Pretty much if you turned something in, you were getting high marks,” Washington State University student Hayden Stinchfield told CNN’s Erin Burnett Monday night.

I know, I know, it's the NYP, but it was the quickest search result I found: Bryan Kohberger ‘seemed preoccupied’ after Idaho murders: former student
It is more than that- BK was taken to task by the students and the professor and they had a session in which they could dipute his comments and it was like a trial:

not sure if BK liked that or just thought not grading with attention would be easier

"When you consider that most of these guys are angry, ineffectual losers who feel they've been given the shaft by life, and that most of them have experienced some sort of physical or emotional abuse, as Ed Kemper had, it isn't surprising that one of their main fantasy occupations is police officer." -- John E. Douglas, FBI profiler.
Right now, anything outside the arrest affidavit is speculation, but I keep coming back to John Douglas' observations of killers he has interviewed and their common behaviors/motivations. So far, these murders look more like a spree killing, an explosion resulting from a deep seated, uncontrolled rage.
As a perennial student, he would be used to taking notes, writing reports, researching. The arrest affidavit shows him at least researching the location on 12 different occasions. He would have to have collated that research to determine when the best time to strike would be. That covers note taking. Whether he compiled this research into a journal of some kind remains to be seen. I'll wager the investigators are actively looking for a journal or compiled information he may have planned for inclusion in a research paper.

Last edited:
Idaho murder victim's father wants Bryan Kohberger to know he won't 'be on the planet that long'

"I mean justice doesn’t have a room where you can read books, and you can go to school, and you can have three meals and you can have your vegan diet," he said, flanked by his wife. "Justice is when you leave the planet and the whole world is able to rejoice and be glad you are not there."

It is, but he didn’t exactly make it hard for them. He may aswell left his business card at the scene. Multiple videos of suspect vehicle 1 was caught in the area…. He made this very very easy for them imo.
Actually Not too sure why it took 7 weeks!
So many people complaining it took so long--- 2 months in the life of a complex murder
Investigation is not long-- the police surely do not want to be accused of rushing to judgment--
They know they need cross their Ts and dot their Is-- we are used to Law and Order
Where cases are solved quickly- this is reality and it was a mass murder

might have wanted to take pics? OR was just a habit like the rest of us...we take our phone when we get into the car

I’m growing a bit weary of the “why didn’t DM call 911” stuff. It really doesn’t contribute much and calling 911 is far from a silver bullet. Jayme Closs’ mother called 911 almost immediately and it neither stopped the crime nor got JP apprehended any faster. This poor young woman is traumatized enough.

On the positive side, it makes it easier to get through the threads when I skip them.

moo.
I agree. I wish people would stop speculating about her actions or even referencing her at all. She's a victim.

I'm sure we are going to find out that he searched on his phone about the murders before they were even reported.
I think when his phone was pinged in the area around 9 am Sunday morning he was there checking to see if they had already reported the murders to authorities. He was only in the area for a few minutes and then gone again.

It's like he was so confident in his ability to fly under the radar he didn't even take normal precautions. MOO, but that sounds narcissistic to me.
If I was to commit a crime as horrendous as this, I would leave my phone, Apple Watch, ipad at home. Bring nothing that can even trace you back to a crime scene. Heck, I don’t have a PhD, but even I know to leave any/all electronics at home.

I think my query should be OK, I am not quoting specifically or taking about details. I just learned from watching interviews with various court people and apparently 'Motive' is not used at trials, and I could have sworn the opposite. Being a non-court employee, I really have no idea. I would like to understand why, is it because several can technically have motive, but you need evidence for one? I'm so confused on this!! I thought motive was like the first things looked at. MOO

The huge problem with motive is that murders of this type usually/often have no motive that makes sense to ordinary people. Whether it’s “I hate Mondays,” or “I wanted to see what it felt like,” the motive isn’t going to be ‘good enough.’

So, LE will pay attention to possible motives, and the DA, at the trial, will have developed a theory of the case, but...’proving motive?’ Not required.

MOO

Maddie and Kaylee being best BEST friends I would say its extremely likely that Kaylee slept with her in her room, like a sleepover. Since she was visiting to show off the car, they went to the bar together etc.

Kaylees father also backs this up when he said that Kaylees bed remained untouched.

Moo!
I believe this as well.

Put dog in old familiar room, so we can sleep/sleep in without dog “bugging” us after night of fun. Then when dog hears someone walking around up there, starts running around or scratching at door? I’m wondering what made DM think the noise she heard around 4am was KG “playing with her dog.” Thoughts? I dread getting into another dog discussion but now that we have the PCA, the dog does provide some pertinent information.

And then something clearly caused the dog to start barking at 417am per the nearby security camera. I am thinking it is because dog is in bedroom over XK and EC and heard the “thud.” I also think it is possible that the dog barking may have made BK make a hasty exit. I wonder what else this security camera may have caught that is not in the PCA.

I also don’t know why, but I can’t shake the feeling that BK used pillows with MM and KG to immobilize/stifle sound/confuse two sleeping victims, and didn’t have that “option” with other victims.

moo.

eta: thud

You make it sound so easy. Let's not forget they started with nothing.....a total unknown other than a very limited physical description. From there they located a suspect vehicle (1 out of 22k just in the immediate area) without having the license plate and identified the person who drives it. Then tracked that persons movement using video surveillance of the car in motion along with cell phone records. Finally they matched DNA to that recovered from within the crime scene.
That is anything but a gimmie.
A lot of crimes are solved with much less evidence than what was left at this scene imo.

"The man accused of murdering four University of Idaho students in November had thoroughly cleaned the interior and exterior of his car and was also seen wearing surgical gloves multiple times before being apprehended.
In one instance prior to Kohberger's arrest, authorities observed him leaving his family home around 4 a.m. and putting trash bags in the neighbors' garbage bins, according to the source. At that point, agents recovered garbage from the Kohberger family's trash bins and what was observed being placed into the neighbors' bins"

Clearly, the behavior of a perfectly innocent man. WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne