ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He likely thought that D the roommate heard both violent enounters and as a result called the police. Hence him speeding out of there. I doubt that he slept that night. Either listening to a police scanner if he had one or incessantly refreshing his web browser.

After waiting for so long he probably went to see what the hell was going on.

Well, first he heads south out of Moscow at around 4:30 am and goes to Genesee ID for some reason, then hits the junction up to Unionville and onward back to Pullman, turning what is usually a 10-12 minute drive from Pullman to Moscow into about a 45 minute drive.

Then he heads back to Moscow by around 9 am (from Pullman, I'm not sure of route) then drives back along the same longer route (through Genesee and Unionville, including Clarkston for Albertsons) and gets back to Pullman around 1 pm or so (ish).

By then he was very worried about the sheath. I do believe he goes back to Moscow to check on the crime scene sometime after that and gets his view of it.

Could also have had a scanner app on his phone and listened to it in the car.

Corrections welcome. I think we're all trying to wrap our minds around many non-linear, literally circular details.

I wish we knew which way the doors swung into DM's bedroom; did it swing to the short wall or to the longer wall beside the stairs to the third floor? We need to know that so we can figure out which direction DM was looking toward when BK walked right by her. If it swung toward the short wall she'd be looking directly over toward XK's room which would suggest he was walking either toward the stairs leading to the first floor or XK's bedroom. If it swung the other way she'd have a restricted view toward the kitchen and the sliders.

The link I've attached show the layout as opening toward the long wall because a closet is on the short wall. If that is where the closet is located then it definitely makes more sense that way. If it is accurate and BK walked right by her then he was going toward either XK's bedroom or the stairs to the first floor. I think I remember reading that some neighbour walking their dog said the front door was wide open at 8 am.

It is hard to decide what order the sounds DM heard since she opened her door three times to see what the disturbance was.

I'm also curious what that thud sound picked up by a camera at 1112 King. Could it have been BK's car door slamming shut?

I don’t know if BK was outside yet during the thud? I believe DM heard the thud before she saw him. I sadly think it may have been Ethan landing on the floor? Moo. The door opening situation you describe is confusing to me, so I’ll pass on that, but I get the feeling it was opened just a crack, thankfully and he was unable to see her, jmo.

Did he leave the footprint on the way out or on his way to kill X and E? I can't remember the PCA giving the direction the print was pointing. It seems more likely he left it coming down from level 3. JMO
Good question! I’m so bad about getting a mental image of whatever I’m reading, then believing that’s the way it is….only to find out I read (or imaged) something that really wasn’t in the words. Like I totally pictured the guy was wearing a ski mask…. But others are saying it wasn’t.

But thinking on the shoe print a bit more, I would guess he wouldn’t have stepped in blood from M or K, but that it’s more probable that he did from the second floor victims.

Agreed - the details of how 911 was called and why someone didn't do it before 11:58 AM is irrelevant. It's focusing on all the wrong things. The murders had already happened by the time BK walked past her. Maybe it was fear, <modsnip> and her emotions were on overdrive - the better question is, what would her calling 911 right after she encountered BK have changed in the grand scheme of:
  1. Her four friends were murdered
  2. BK planned and committed these murders
The answer to both is - nothing. Then the next question is if D was in any way involved in the planning or execution of these murders. LE has repeatedly said the answer is no.

Thus any speculation on why didn't she call 911 sooner is irrelevant and D should be left alone. The poor girl will live the rest of her life with this event and I'm sure play Monday morning QB a thousand times - she doesn't need people online to do the same and make it worse.

Yes, I have a chip on my shoulder for anyone who wants to focus on "I would've called 911 if I were her" because you aren't her and weren't in that spot so anyone thinking this, please stop and focus on what matters. The successful prosecution and imprisonment forever of BK.
Yes. I feel so uncomfortable and bad for this girl. The absolute horror of hearing what she did (and maybe she heard MORE, which LE wants to keep til trial), just speculation but le has been so tight-lipped about much of the case I wouldn't be surprised. It will then hit home with WHY she didn't call/was frozen etc.
The same goes with LEs questions of her, if they want to hear her details over and over because they think she was involved, that will all come out later. In the meantime, she is a victim and is innocent. Even BK is innocent until proven guilty despite how we feel about him and the mountains of evidence.
But. The sheer gross-ness of sitting or sleeping in your room for 7 hours while all your friends are dead. Omg, she will have nightmares forever

You'd think a legal expert would know they're not going to put their entire case in a PCA and that they are still building the case and prosecution. You'd think they'd also include other damning evidence like the obvious stalking and descriptions. But hey, sure, someone who looks like him got his DNA on a sheath and wiped it all clean except for one small spot for detectives to trace. They were also able to get this patsy to drive around 12 times stalking the victims. My lord.
I think absolutely, a legal expert knows this.

The question is, do news reporters know this - or better yet,

Do news reporters consider it their job to explain to public such subtle and complicated things.

No, they do not. They consider it their job to shock, appall, outrage and otherwise rivet the attention of the public, onto their news site long enough to expose millions of eyeball to advertisers.

They will find an 'expert' or 'source' to say whatever they want them to say. IMO they have the headline already written before they contact anyone to create the 'story'.

First time post here, have been following case closely. I noticed that all tracking on B.K phone was done using CLSI and not GPS. CLSI can be very inaccurate. If B.K phone provider was AT&T as outlined in the PCA, that phone was serviced by 6 towers in the Pullman and Moscow area. One tower, depending on phone band, provides service to both the King Street address and B.K address.

A PCA can be written to make CLSI look more accurate and precise, by stating CLSI location data and then obtaining a video from a place or business showing the suspect in that location; what it doesn't include is how many businesses LE canvased for the video. The CLSI data may show a 5-mile radius of a location at a specific time, then LE canvases all businesses in that area for video at that specific time until they get footage of the suspect.

I'm positive they have the right guy, but the use of only CLSI tracking concerns me, I have seen it effectively discredited in court cases.

<modsnip>

The DNA from BK's biological father was obtained from their trash bin in PA that FBI confiscated when surveilling the accused.
No. BK would share DNA from his father and mother and that DNA combination was found on the knife sheath. His father's DNA is helpful only to confirm 1/2 of BK's DNA called familial DNA.

Last edited by a moderator:
He plans to be up at 4 a.m. because he thinks no one else will be awake to witness him doing anything.
Good point, 4AM usually resonates with LE and antiterror police, this is usually the time when they preffer to execute high risk arrests simply because vast majority of people are fast asleep then.

Oh my.

Rational Choice Theory. I am guessing that, as with most of us, he was most interested in the theories that fit his own worldview.

It's actually a neglected area of criminal conduct, in many ways. Many models of criminality focus on upbringing or genes or recent trauma or anxiety or whatnot. This theory says that criminals are perfectly capable of being rational actors and may make most of their decisions according to logic and reason (based on a criminal premise of course).

We see this theory put forward in some military trials, in which soldiers are accused of war crimes, but at the time, they believed they were making a rational choice supported by their training.

"I am not crazy, I am just a really smart criminal."

Oof.

This is also expressed in the survey from his masters program.

It was smart of him to realize that no matter how hard you prepare to commit a crime, most mistakes were made in the heat of the moment when the largest amount of variables were present. Mostly due to the unpredictable nature of the victim's response and the physiological make up and mindset of the killer. He thought that this was something that he'd just be able to approach in a rational way. To take total control of the situation and succeed where others, he's likely studied, have failed. The "I'm here to help" from the affidavit is likely a manifestation of that.

But then there's reality....the purported overkill of one of the victims, the left behind sheath, the roommate witness who places someone like him there, the speeding from the scene.

If he bought it in person at any legit pawn shop or knife store in the last six months or so, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the person who sold it to him remembers and turns it in. It probably wouldn’t take much interaction with this guy to get some kind of out of the ordinary vibe. Jmo, what do y’all think?
I am waiting to hear if he ever owned a knife, any kind of knife. JMO

I am waaay older than DM, and this is what happened to me a few months ago...

I work at home, and was upstairs in my condo around noon, working on my computer, when I heard the front door sorta open. I figured it was Amazon, putting a package between my glass door and my wooden door. Then I heard movement downstairs. And before I knew it, I heard footsteps on the stairs. I ran out of my office, and saw a strange guy walking up the stairs, almost to my second floor. I started screaming at him, "Who are you!? Get out of my house!?" He remained on the stairs, gesturing wildly, but I couldn't understand him. I kept screaming at him till he finally walked down the stairs and left, and I locked the door behind him and was totally shaken. But here's the point. I DIDN'T CALL THE POLICE. It wasn't until I told a co-worker online that she said, "Are you nuts??? Call 911!" So I did. The cops showed up and started going to other condos in the area. Turned out it was a guy who spoke no English, doing a job at someone else's condo and got confused, and walked into mine. Pretty weird that he couldn't figure he was in the wrong place, but that was his story.

My point is: Please don't blame DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member