ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You got to remember these two girls were so upset that when they went outside after seeing this ... one passed out," he said. "And the other one was so hyperventilating that the message wasn’t clear enough for the operator."

I missed this....where is this discussed?

"You got to remember these two girls were so upset that when they went outside after seeing this ... one passed out," he said. "And the other one was so hyperventilating that the message wasn’t clear enough for the operator."

I missed this somehow. Maybe this is where the 'rumor' of "there is a room mate unconscious and we can't wake her up!" came from. Just a garbled panicked 911 call that the press picked up on by listening to police scanners? (Instead of saying omg somethng terrible happened! Get here quick")

Maybe everyone here already knew this - but I didn't. lol.

Has a recording of the 911 call been released? (Sorry if this has been discussed already.)

Is this ok for him to say?

In what sense? IMO, SG gets to say whatever he wants. He is a victim of a terrible crime and he has the right to speak.

Now that BK is in custody, I doubt LE will be requesting his silence, although I suppose the DA might. But he doesn't have to do what they say. There's no court order against the victims speaking, it's the DA, PD and LE who must remain silent outside of court until the verdict.

Who is actively digging into WS cold cases in PA?
I was, but I think I made the mistake of only looking at those crimes involving death by stabbing. As someone else posted, he may have changed up his MO. I also think it's important to look at areas surrounding PA, since he could have travelled over state lines.

This comports with what was reportedly said in social media early on. That the “unconscious/uresponsive” person mentioned in the 911 call was one of the surviving roommates. The friend(s) who hadn’t been inside the house took over the 911 call from the hyperventilating roommate and this is all they could report to the operator at the time.
So much for the defense trying to accuse DM of anything. Jury will hate them if they try it.

Yes I think there was some confusion about the phone - I believe this just came from the fact the affidavit refers to the account being opened on 23 June 2022, as you mention. My interpretation was that didn’t necessarily mean he was in the area on this date. (Edited to add: according to affidavit, plan was linked to address in PA so seems likely BK was still there at this stage).

Agree - it does seem strange to get a new plan so recently. Maybe he got a new phone in anticipation of the move (I can imagine students might be sorting a number of administrative things such as bank accounts etc around this time) and/or maybe he had already started thinking about what he was going to try and attempt once he arrived and decided a new phone would more effectively cover his tracks. MOO
time to start gathering cell pings/data from his former PA cell carrier

I ABSOLUTELY agree. I apologize for doubting the capabilities of the police department in handling this; and I hope everyone else who publicly doubted them as well also apologizes...because the local police (and other collaborating agencies) did do a lot!
I read authorities had BK and his car in their sights 2 weeks into the investigation. They had to locate the car and then find probable cause to investigate BK further. Hence the FBI and Pennsylvania authorities becoming involved when BK went back to Pennsylvania.

Has it been confirmed that KG was sleeping with MM? Her bed was just across the hall and her dog was found in there. Of course we know she was found in the same bed as MM, but she could have awakened and went in there.
That's been my assumption, based on their being found on the same bed -- that KG had been in her own room but heard MM being attacked, went to investigate, and was attacked herself, although the probable cause affidavit doesn't give sufficient detail to know either way.

In my mind, either MM was the primary target (and seemingly the first victim, if you interpret the knife sheath on her bed as an indication that the murders began there) and everyone else who was killed was killed because they got in the way, or else the killer intended from the outset to murder all five of the women who lived in the home. Either way, I think he was totally rattled when he stumbled upon another man who did not reside there - a reminder that any one of the women might have multiple people in her room and thus present a greater possibility of overpowering him - and decided at that point to flee as quickly as possible, bypassing the witness-roommate in that rush, or simply failing to see her.

All of this is MOO, although it's probably silly for me to try and impute logic and probability to a completely illogical and improbable crime.

Last edited:
I think because the sheath was found next to her (thinking he took it off the knife there) and BK left after DM saw him so the 2nd floor was last. MOO

edit added MOO
Unless he had it attached to his belt and it came undone and dropped off in the attack.

I missed this somehow. Maybe this is where the 'rumor' of "there is a room mate unconscious and we can't wake her up!" came from. Just a garbled panicked 911 call that the press picked up on by listening to police scanners? (Instead of saying omg somethng terrible happened! Get here quick")

Maybe everyone here already knew this - but I didn't. lol.

Has a recording of the 911 call been released? (Sorry if this has been discussed already.)

No, to my knowledge it has not been released, but yes, SG is one of sources (IMO) of the report about one of the roommates fainting and the other being incoherent. Obviously, he's not the original source. We do know that one of the "friends" took over the 911 call because one of the housemates was too upset to continue.

I'm not sure there's been MSM about who the friends were, so I'll leave it at that. I am assuming that SG has spoken at length with those friends and with the housemates as well.

IMO.

I think the reference was to the story that back in Pennsylvania he spent a long time meticulously cleaning the car. I still have hopes that LE could find traces of DNA—it’s very hard to clean a car thoroughly enough to eliminate all traces, I believe.

MOO
Oh! Duh! You’re right, I totally read that wrong!

I’m growing a bit weary of the “why didn’t DM call 911” stuff. It really doesn’t contribute much and calling 911 is far from a silver bullet. Jayme Closs’ mother called 911 almost immediately and it neither stopped the crime nor got JP apprehended any faster. This poor young woman is traumatized enough.

On the positive side, it makes it easier to get through the threads when I skip them.

moo.
Agreed. It’s painful to keep discussing her.

I've seen that too, and I didn't get that from reading the AA. I think it leads us to believe one of KG/MM were the targets (perhaps even both) but I don't think the AA clearly gives us evidence MM was target.

My opinion of sequence of events:

4am~ doordash for Xana

4:04am he is seen parking. Leads me to believe earliest he is in the house is closer to 4:05/06am.

He heads upstairs first.

When DM is awoken "around 4" thinking she hears Kaylee playing with dogs - it's actually the attack/murders of MM/KG happening.

BK heads down stairs somewhere around or after 4:12am (probably closer to 4:17) since we know Xana was still using TikTok up until this time.

IMO Xana was up and heard something which makes her leave her room or perhaps was even just going back and forth to the kitchen to discard her doordash trash.

She sees/hears BK coming down the stairs and this is when DM hears someone say "there's someone here"

I think BK felt he had to kill her now.

I think the biggest question mark for me is the killing of X/E. Im beginning to think Ethan was probably asleep during most of this.
BK sees Xana goes to attack her and she bolts back towards the room (hence the AA making it seem like her body was more likely in the door frame or right at entrance).

In the midst of that attack Ethan wakes up and the killer obviously focuses his attention on Ethan. Kills Ethan, but Xana is still alive "whimpering/crying"

This is when BK says "don't worry I'll help you" that DM hears. I think he probably "finished her off" at this point. (As gross as that was to type).

The murders/attack of X/E happen at the 4:17am mark of when the neighbors cameras pick up the noise closest to Xana's room.

Also the direction the killer comes from in order to be able to "walk past" DM is obviously more so from the direction of Xanas room and not the upstairs.

Then at 4:20 car is seen leaving.

Nothing in the AA shows me or hints to me who exactly between M/K were targets. But I'd be interested to hear actual opinions/evidence that lead people to believe MM target.
I tend to think this is the sequence, as well. IMO

Been waiting to post. As far as the doordash arriving close in time to BK....what if X ordered it and it took so long to arrive they went to bed. And the dasher left in doorstep. Maybe BK brought the order in or the roommates, or friends they called over, did the next morning. So maybe BK watched it get dropped off and nobody came to door and lights were off so he entered. Or he didn't even see it get dropped off. But this is MOO and in reply to comment in last thread where someone was contemplating how brazen he was as X must have still been awake with lights on since she just got the doordash. Maybe she didn't get it and was asleep. Maybe they ordered it at like 2.45am and gave up waiting. I have had some super long DD deliveries. Especially if tough to get a driver to pick up (middle of the night).
They know X was awake at 4:12am as she was using her TikTok

It’s exactly what you’ve posted there…the tech data available to help LE solve crimes. Basically, a “cloud” is the name of the location data, etc. is saved. It’s not a physical repository, it’s out in cyberspace. I’m trying to use laymen’s terms - I oversee an IT tool that stores everything in the cloud.
BK may have graduated from the Criminal Justice Master's program at DeSales which included the program that majored in Digital Forensics. Or taken a course or courses in Digital Forensics as an elective while getting his Master's degree.

But also, X's bedroom was back corner near wooded area so maybe he couldn't see the light on if it was on.
Do you have something you can link or show me that led you to believe her bedroom was in the far corner, by the woods?? I always thought her bedroom was by the parking lot, right above that alleged blood ran down the wall. TIA

I think the reference was to the story that back in Pennsylvania he spent a long time meticulously cleaning the car. I still have hopes that LE could find traces of DNA—it’s very hard to clean a car thoroughly enough to eliminate all traces, I believe.

MOO
And we all know how well that "meticulous" cleaning worked out for Brendt Christensen.

This crime seems to have happened at warp speed so hopefully he didn’t have time to wipe anything away.

ETA: I read this wrong! For some reason I thought op meant literally wiping his dna off of the victims, rather than their dna from his car. Oop.
warp speed is what makes this seem like it was not his first violent crime.

I think that depends on what he cleaned it with. MOO.

ETA: They will have his DNA since he's in custody. But he may have wiped away any Victim's DNA.
I know that they have his DNA but I am just wondering how effective his cleaning methods really are. The fact that he is cleaning so thoroughly and tossing waste in his neighbor's trash is strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1