ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chopping firewood??? With a 7" knife? It must be super sharp. :(

it can be used for hunting and small tasks around a campsite ... like chopping firewood or cutting wire and rope.

I think that is a misquote. I could see a knife used to cut kindling/branches for fire starter in an emergency but no outdoorsman would use a critical survival tool to cut firewood.

A lot of people do not even own printers anymore. I highly doubt somebody BKs age would print a map. Most people I know use their vehicle GPS or their phones.
It's also possible to memorize a map. Write down an address and jot down cross streets. Instructions such take a right two streets after the light etc. He was going to small town, which he was already familiar with.

That is a very important question with no answer. It is puzzling. But again, the absence of any action taken by roommate in immediate moment(s) following alleged sighting of BK is even stranger still. Perhaps it is absent because it is not relevant to the nature of the probable cause warrant. LE may also be withholding any action that she did take (even if no action) in relation to the investigation still being active.

That’s the best I got…

Perhaps the roommate's phone was out of battery, she lost track of it in the house, left it somewhere during day, or didn't have her charger handy. Or she passed out upon returning into room for whatever reason. Or perhaps not having the 'hindsight' we all have, didn't grasp the seriousness of it all. More than once, I've been left 'stranded' without access to my phone, and thinking so much for modern technology.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dre
How do you think the FBI survailed the PA residence? Did the set up in a neighbor's house? Did they set up remote cameras? I think sitting in a van on the street in that neighborhood would be kind of suspicious.

I believe that she didn’t really process it when it happened (either drunk, thought she was dreaming, other). I believe the memories came out after. No real explanation for your question but that’s what I think.
Agree. I feel *so* bad for her getting criticized by people who have never been in her situation so have no idea how they would actually react.

IMO, there were some noises and voices over a very short period of time in a house shared with quite a few people (and where guests were perhaps not uncommon after parties/drinking). Those noises and voices (none of which were blood curdling screams) stopped after just a few minutes. She may have been tipsy/groggy, and then when all was quiet, just thought (or convinced herself) that everything must be fine now and went back to sleep. Or maybe she did text one of the other roommates, and when they didn’t respond, she assumed they had just gone back to sleep. That wouldn’t be unreasonable to me - not everyone would immediately jump to thinking “omg my roommates must have just been violently murdered by an intruder.” MOO, obviously.

Did he pay cash or card?
what did he buy, I wonder?
Is it a hardware store or grocery?

Albertson's is a chain grocery store (almost always has a small hardware section). They have pictures of him in the aisles, so they can probably theorize about what he bought.

I am myself of course extremely curious what was so important that he gets himself yet again on camera that night. I wonder what he was wearing at that point. Wouldn't LE mention if his clothes were not the dark clothes mentioned by D?

I am guessing he went right out to his car, with much less blood on him than many would think - but more than he anticipated and sped off. He had blood on the bottom of his foot just minutes before (the latent print outside D's door) but it wasn't a lot of blood. Still, it doesn't take much blood from his foot to leave victim DNA on the pedals and carpeting (especially) of the car. I wonder if his car carpet has bleach stains. I wonder if he bought bleach at Albertson's and other cleaning supplies.

To me, it looks like he had been thinking about this for a while, and had gone on many false starts on prior nights. For whatever reason, this was the night that everything clicked for him. But did he bring cleaning supplies? I wonder. Maybe he bought trash bags and cleaning supplies after the fact (in keeping with his general pattern of being much less smart than he thinks he is).

Bleach does not destroy DNA, although washing can move it around. It tends to be detectable on fiber for a long time, even after multiple hot water washings in a washing machine, with bleach.

Since he takes another circuitous route back to Moscow the next morning, I do wonder where he disposed of his clothes. Surely he disposed of his clothes, right?

I think you are extremely undervaluing the situation D found herself in.

She is not to blame here NOR would her calling have changed anything.
Agreed - the details of how 911 was called and why someone didn't do it before 11:58 AM is irrelevant. It's focusing on all the wrong things. The murders had already happened by the time BK walked past her. Maybe it was fear, <modsnip> and her emotions were on overdrive - the better question is, what would her calling 911 right after she encountered BK have changed in the grand scheme of:
  1. Her four friends were murdered
  2. BK planned and committed these murders
The answer to both is - nothing. Then the next question is if D was in any way involved in the planning or execution of these murders. LE has repeatedly said the answer is no.

Thus any speculation on why didn't she call 911 sooner is irrelevant and D should be left alone. The poor girl will live the rest of her life with this event and I'm sure play Monday morning QB a thousand times - she doesn't need people online to do the same and make it worse.

Yes, I have a chip on my shoulder for anyone who wants to focus on "I would've called 911 if I were her" because you aren't her and weren't in that spot so anyone thinking this, please stop and focus on what matters. The successful prosecution and imprisonment forever of BK.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you think the FBI survailed the PA residence? Did the set up in a neighbor's house? Did they set up remote cameras? I think sitting in a van on the street in that neighborhood would be kind of suspicious.

Good question. Maybe a camera on a light pole. I guess the FBI would have to involve the HOA to do anything in that gated community. Glad whoever they involved kept their mouths shut.

ETA, also on FlightRadar24 replay, there was a plane doing continuous circles over their home.

<modsnip - quoted post and response was removed>

It's possible they will consider a Chris Watts type deal where he pleads guilty but gets LWOP vs. death. It's easy to say he "looks forward to returning" to exonerate himself or whatever his PA lawyer said, but it's a lot harder now that there is a mountain of evidence and literal death staring him in the face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably did a variety of things to make sure it was as low key as possible. I'd imagine there was boots on the ground and in the air. Perhaps even posed as garbage disposal people to retrieve the trash that they got the DNA from. Can be something as simple as that.

It's also possible to memorize a map. Write down an address and jot down cross streets. Instructions such take a right two streets after the light etc. He was going to small town, which he was already familiar with.

Ah, but I don't see him as very capable of that. It seems clear that over at least 12 trips to Moscow from Pullman, at night, he had indeed memorized the neighborhood of the attack. It's almost funny that he turns his phone off just outside Pullman, but must turn it back on as he speeds away, southbound, from the U of ID area. He gets just south of Moscow on the only road heading south (can't get lost) but is going to be hitting some junctions and making turns.

So he turns his phone back on and likely uses Google maps (the data of which we'll surely see if this goes to trial).

He wasn't just going to a small town. He had a plan to leave the small town by an unusual and lengthy route (see map posted just above on this thread, can't be more than 1-2 pages back).

He has to make a turn at Genesee, get back on the highway and then find a route northward back to Pullman. Apparently, if he did try to memorize that, he failed, as he turns his phone back on. It's dark out there, in Idaho at night, and many small cross roads all along his route, many ways to get lost without a map or a very very good memory for maps (which most people do not have). Memorizing one address, yes, but he needed an escape route too.

How do we know this was BK? I feel more than it might have been Ethan? Moo.
I thought that too initially, but even at the distance she was, I thought that D would've recognized Ethan's voice. Since she said it was a male voice, that would lead me to believe she didn't recognize it and the only other male in the home at the time was BK.

Probably did a variety of things to make sure it was as low key as possible. I'd imagine there was boots on the ground and in the air. Perhaps even posed as garbage disposal people to retrieve the trash that they got the DNA from. Can be something as simple as that.
They did pose as garbage men - affidavit says it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member