ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Legal experts have warned that the case against alleged Idaho killer Bryan Kohberger isn't a 'slam dunk' – despite authorities discovering his DNA at the scene.

The authorities have Kohberger's DNA on the knife sheath, but DNA evidence can be transferred from one person to another onto an object so that evidence is not open and shut for a conviction.

'Prosecutors don't have the murder weapon, they have a pretty vague description of the suspect from an eyewitness, and they lack a clear-cut motive."

Motive isn't required at trial. These experts should know that and that they don't know half of what the prosecutor does. I wish these clueless "experts" and "sources" would go away.

Yes, that's true. But is everything on a persons phone stored by the cell phone provider? What about photos? JMO.
Actual texts (words) are not kept by the cell phone provider - only the numbers and time stamps. I don’t believe photos are kept, but police forensics can uncover that kind of stuff.

They did pose as garbage men - affidavit says it.
Where in the affidavit did you see they posed as garbage men? I've read it several times and I'm not seeing it. Unless there's another affidavit out there that I haven't seen. If so, could you link to it, please? Here is what I see:

1673039378648.png
It doesn't say they posed as garbage men. It says they recovered trash.

Have there been any articles about the neighbor at 1112 King Road with the doorbell ring camera that caught Kohberger leaving in the Elantra after the killings?

Who actually composes the AA ?
In this case, the short answer is Corporal Bret Payne of the Moscow PD drafted/signed the subject AA.

Generally, the district attorney, representing the people of the state, makes the decision whether or not to bring charges and/or prosecute a defendant in one of two ways -- a grand jury indictment or by Information and Complaint by the investigating police department.

The prosecutor comes about the police department's criminal investigation information from the arrest warrant affidavit/probable cause affidavit (i.e., AA or PCA) attached or an exhibit to the police department's application for an arrest warrant presented to the Judge for signature, followed by the execution of the warrant by police.

Here, we know that several agencies including the Idaho State Police, Coroner, FBI, WA and PA authorities, and the Latah District Attorney worked together with the Moscow Police Department to investigate the murders, and the contributions by these partners were ultimately included in the 19-page affidavit by CPL Payne dated December 29, 2022. MOO Ah..the long answer. ;)

(For the latter example of a DA filing homicide charges without a police AA, more recently, those following PA's missing/murdered Elizabeth Capaldi might recall the weeks we spent wondering what in the world Bucks County Sheriff/Police were doing to investigate the missing wife/mother when suddenly, on December 15, Bucks County District Attorney Matt Weintraub announced the husband (Steve) was arrested, and his office filing homicide charges after he was indicted by the grand jury (secret) for murder).

Last edited:
I know that they have his DNA but I am just wondering how effective his cleaning methods really are. The fact that he is cleaning so thoroughly and tossing waste in his neighbor's trash is strange.
I hate to say this but it seemed at least thoughtful to me. He's aware he probably brought some forensic material out with him, and is trying to get rid of it. He didn't want to be caught with it in their trash, or taking it very far, so he hid it in the neighbors trash. I guess he didn't know he had an audience. :)

It very well could have been passed down but for his father's sake, I hope not. If he (BK's father) or his father (BK's grandfather) passed that down to BK it would kill his father knowing that knife that's been in the family was used during a quadruple murder. :(
I wondered if it was his father's also. I might have misread the affidavit but I read ito be that the blood residue on the sheath was his father's and they tied the alleged murderer through the geneology. But I admit I read the affidavit pretty quickly.

I don't know what phone plans are available in many states since I live in Ontario. The big three here are Telus, Rogers and Bell but there are a lot of local providers like Fido that are really cheap as long as you stay in your area; they aren't meant to utilize nationally. So I presume BK lived with his parents and may have been on his parents plan. I checked some of the local providers in PA and a couple of names came up like Wirefly and WhistleOut. Maybe that's why he got a new phone. IMO
He had AT&T, but I know Verizon is available there bc I have peeps in the area. So as you said it may have been an affordable family plan.

That would make me very suspicious if I had a drone continually flying over my home. And with as cautious as BK was (wearing gloves, washing every inch of his car, and putting trash into his neighbors garbage can around 4am, etc.).. you'd THINK he'd have been extremally paranoid about something as odd as that and you know he's been looking over his shoulder since 11/13.
There are plenty of drones you would not see or hear from the ground.

"Legal experts have warned that the case against alleged Idaho killer Bryan Kohberger isn't a 'slam dunk' – despite authorities discovering his DNA at the scene.

The authorities have Kohberger's DNA on the knife sheath, but DNA evidence can be transferred from one person to another onto an object so that evidence is not open and shut for a conviction.

'Prosecutors don't have the murder weapon, they have a pretty vague description of the suspect from an eyewitness, and they lack a clear-cut motive."

I don't know... we have a witness that said the guy in the house had bushy eyebrows. Look at those things! I saw them and my first thought were 2 caterpillars over his eyes (I'm being serious. I really did think that and that was before I read about bushy eyebrows in the affidavit (which made me laugh uncontrollably for quite some time when I saw mention of them. lol)).

Bushy eyebrows + DNA is good enough for me! Plus all those phone records and cam viewings.

1673039776493.png

Do you think that Bryan targeted Maddie because she represented the type of girl that he despised <modsnip> or do you think that he had some kind of interaction with her and developed a grudge because of some perceived slight?

I am undecided. (I don't necessarily think Maddie was the target, for there was talk of Kaylee having a stalker, but the same questions could apply regardless of which girl was the target.)
I am more inclined to think he was interested in her and the type of social life/living style the group of friends had. He was awkward and forward when approaching girls according to past reports. I think Maddie was not interested and at some point, BK felt rejected and belittled. He may have perceived that he was the butt of jokes, even if he wasn't. If he did not have his own social circle or hobbies, he had time on his hands to ruminate, agitate and plan revenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevewho