ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw someone on one of the thread’s say that it was K talking about the arrival of the DD food and that seemed to make more sense to me. Jmo
That was what I thought and posted. A couple things to realize. They clearly state d said around 4 she was woken up . That will be something clearly addressed later if trial. If you look at the clock you know exact time you saw. But in an affidavit it’s much smarter to put “around such and such time etc” if d looked at exact time, she would probable have looked again. They state “exact time of x on twitter and of camera recording.

d was coherent enough to know time and hear talking through her door and a flight above. She would know her roommates voice as they lived together. many are saying it probably wasn’t thought of a big deal and just brushed it off as typical but affidavit stated stood frozen in shock.

being right in the center of house it seems likely you could tell where the talking came from.

People aren’t realizing that it’s highly possible exact words were t clear that far away through a closed door. Something I’m sure that will be tested.

Instead of someone is here from k, it’s possible in order he put dog in room which d heard. A minute later heard someone is here. Possibly he was at bed and k said is someone here?

No sound for a few minutes.
X is downstairs eating possible and possiblecwent to bathroom or put bag in kitchen.

Also it states she was I. Tim tok. Dd dropped food off around 4. It’s possible she was on tick rock and went down to get the food at 412. Just cuz it was dropped doesn’t mean that’s when she got it. While she was downstairs bk went into x room and killed e. When she came in he grabbed her. Struggled maybe he slammed against the wall while she “put up a big fight” as state.

When d said she heard it’s okay I will help you possible it was “it’s okay I won’t hurt you. He was possible covering mouth and that’s why was a whimper sounds like crying. She shoved him off he slammed against wall or something banged into thudded on ground.

She went to get out and he killed her.

d never stated hearing and thud or if door was open. Thud could have been trunk but that would likely be a different sound.

Just very odd d never mentions the dog kept barking as recorded on camera.

Tyne barking abover her could have drowned out the thud.
I saw someone on one of the thread’s say that it was K talking about the arrival of the DD food and that seemed to make more sense to me. Jmo
That was what I thought and posted. A couple things to realize. They clearly state d said around 4 she was woken up . That will be something clearly addressed later if trial. If you look at the clock you know exact time you saw. But in an affidavit it’s much smarter to put “around such and such time etc” if d looked at exact time, she would probable have looked again. They state “exact time of x on twitter and of camera recording.

d was coherent enough to know time and hear talking through her door and a flight above. She would know her roommates voice as they lived together. many are saying it probably wasn’t thought of a big deal and just brushed it off as typical but affidavit stated stood frozen in shock.

being right in the center of house it seems likely you could tell where the talking came from.

People aren’t realizing that it’s highly possible exact words were t clear that far away through a closed door. Something I’m sure that will be tested.

Instead of someone is here from k, it’s possible in order he put dog in room which d heard. A minute later heard someone is here. Possibly he was at bed and k said is someone here?

X is downstairs eating possible and possiblecwent to bathroom or put bag in kitchen.

Also it states she was I. Tim tok. Dd dropped food off around 4. It’s possible she was on tick rock and went down to get the food at 412. Just cuz it was dropped doesn’t mean that’s when she got it. While she was downstairs bk went into x room and killed e. When she came in he grabbed her. Struggled maybe he slammed against the wall while she “put up a big fight” as state.

When d said she heard it’s okay I will help you possible it was “it’s okay I won’t hurt you. He was possible covering mouth and that’s why was a whimper sounds like crying. She shoved him off he slammed against wall or something banged into thudded on ground.

d never stated hearing and thud or if door was open. Thud could have been trunk but that would likely be a different sound.

I agree. I personally believe it indicates that both were found in the bedroom, but it is open to interpretation.
Time will tell.
fwiw?
I interpreted it as Xana being in her room but by the door, Ethan being further into the room.

I think its possible DM/BF could see Xana from the hallway but didn't get close before they ran outside for help.

AJMO

Last edited:

Doesn’t anyone turn on lights?

<modsnip - off topic>

<mod note - VANS> seem kind of like an odd thing to wear to a quadruple homicide IMO.

I've wondered if she was in the bathroom, so he came across E in the room first and then her when she came back in.

But I do tend to agree with the people who've noted the order of the victim names in the affidavit, which suggest E was killed last. In that case, maybe she was up in the room, at the door, when BK came in and E truly was sound asleep.
IMO, what I am questioning is how BKs entrance compares to that of the DD driver?

People are SO STARVED for info about this case that they are doing some deep dives into sentence structure and such lol. It's a police officer's report--not an English majors. There is a lot of info not in this affidavit--because it doesn't need to be.
Agreed. Speaking as a former English major, I've never read a probable cause affidavit (or police report) that featured what I'd consider "good writing." It's very much its own genre of writing that tends to be quite dry and is often a bit cumbersome. I do think some of the sentence-level clarity in the affidavit is confusing, but overall, I think it's very effective at what it was trying to do--present a narrative that would justify charging BK with murder and burglary--and it was obviously successful given that he's now sitting in jail charged with those crimes. MOO

There were rumors that he was at the bar that night and was thrown out but the bar made a statement denying him ever having been there.

Moscow bar where victims spent final hours denies rumors about Bryan Kohberger

“Suspect was not and has not been here”.
They also said that about hoodie guy…just another rumor
That's what I thought. (Unfortunately) just his 'type'. He doesn't deserve her to be his attorney. It creeps me out too.
i wonder what it’s like to have a murderer for a client—especially when it appears it was somewhat random and done for the thrill of it?

Lord have mercy. That is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while. Talk about reading too much into things. You've been spending too much time on this board and looking for monsters under the bed, woman.
It's a court appointed attorney
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Latah County doesn't have a huge gallery of public defenders.

I think ppl are reading wayyyy too much into it, I agree Kix.

He didn't choose his attorney because it's a blonde woman. He didn't even choose his damn attorney. She was selected for him because she has, as a public defender, represented individuals facing violent felonies (incl murder) in the past and was likely the best person available. The court system will always assign the "best" qualified public defender for the defendent/charge. It's part of that whole innocent until proven thing

Stop pretending like it was some master ploy by BK lol.

Okay. So, if male was coming from X's room then it could be speculated that maybe light emanated from X's room or bathroom and that's how DM was able to "see" that the male had bushy eyebrows. If the house was dark, how could DM see?
The light over the kitchen stove? (Only half joking.) Actually there had to be a bit of light because isn't there that step-down to get to the living /kitchen level? He would need to see it to not trip-

The floor plan leads me to believe that the murderer (presumably BK) was coming from X's room when DM saw him. There is no way she could see him walking towards her if he was coming down the stairs. He then presumable walked toward the kitchen to exit out the sliding door.

I believe M & K were killed first and then X & E.

Exactly what I believe. There were newly added investigators doing a walkthrough of the house and they went from the hall to x’s room then back out into the kitchen…..likely order of movement they believe bk took carrying out the murders.

I feel the opposite, I can’t imagine FBI informing all the state cops on traffic duty between ID and PA details of their undercover investigation of a single suspect in a mass murder. I don’t see what the purpose would be, I do see the risk of leaks it would create, though.
I also don’t see high risk of BK having a shootout with cops with his father in the car over a traffic violation or how telling local LE that BK was a suspect would have changed police procedures. If anything, it could cause them to over-react. “I thought he was reaching for a gun”.
It’s not like the FBI was in “dead or alive” apprehension mode, they wanted him alive while they collected evidence for probable cause to make an arrest.
Jmo

I believe there was a risk, to the PD who encountered BK, to his father, and to the public.

BK is a suspect in the brutal murder of four people, with evidence that could lead to a conviction, in a state with the death penalty.
The saving grace is that his ego told him he was not known, that he was so smart he was getting by with what he had done.

Yes, cops could have over reacted and ’created’ a tense situation.
The reality is LE did not know how he would react. His father could have become a hostage, or a member of the public, or a police officer could have become involved.

We do not know what he would do if he felt cornered.
We do know that sometimes he loses his calm demeanor, and when he does he has the capacity to reveal a different side- the side the victims saw.

JMO

are you first saying the police framed him?
and then trying to say he felt disrespected and his buttons were pushed?
IMO, No, the police didn’t frame him. LE did a very commendable job. I’m still not 100% on BK being the stabber. People who push other peoples buttons sometimes do so to get an aggressive rise out of them.

More will come clear when learning where food was, phones etc.

It said both were “IN” bed which would appear they were under covers.

Believe k was always in the bed with her. They were calling ex boyfriend in the bed and fell asleep
It just seems much more logical within timeline that k said is someone there or here while he was over them. They sai m was more intoxicated and was most likely asleep. Would fit exactly if k had a few defensive wounds too. Possible sheath fell on bed when he recovered them. Affidavit stated sheath was “on” bed as seen from door

Agreed. Speaking as a former English major, I've never read a probable cause affidavit (or police report) that featured what I'd consider "good writing." It's very much its own genre of writing that tends to be quite dry and is often a bit cumbersome. I do think some of the sentence-level clarity in the affidavit is confusing, but overall, I think it's very effective at what it was trying to do--present a narrative that would justify charging BK with murder and burglary--and it was obviously successful given that he's now sitting in jail charged with those crimes. MOO
Exactly
And [my emojis of fist bumps don't appear] to another English major here like me haha

I think he planned this enough to have plastic on his seats so there would be no transfer.

The guy that left the sheath at the crime scene, with his DNA, and drove the getaway car past cameras multiple times because he did not know the roads, and was seen by a possible victim, and also left a footprint in the home- put plastic on his seats?

I think from the beginning the media cast him as some super intelligent genius, and we are finding he is not- he is a cold blooded killer with an ego, and that ego got him caught and will get him the death penalty

JMO

The floor plan leads me to believe that the murderer (presumably BK) was coming from X's room when DM saw him. There is no way she could see him walking towards her if he was coming down the stairs. He then presumable walked toward the kitchen to exit out the sliding door.

I believe M & K were killed first and then X & E.
The sheath next to Madison on her bed suggests that Madison was killed first. He pulled off the sheath, put it down, started stabbing, perhaps heard something downstairs (Xana was awake and safe at 4:12, dog barked at 4:17) ... why did he forget to pick it up?

Xana was not on tiktok at 4:15 a.m. Maybe she heard something at 4:12 and got out of bed to investigate when someone was at the bedroom door. She had defensive wounds and was on the floor, visible from the door. Maybe her body was the thud at 4:17, the dog started barking, D.M. woke up, Kaylee said "someone's here", then the murders of Madison and Kaylee, D.M.'s description of bushy eyebrows - was that a side view or front view? Side view means Madison could have been first, front view means Xana was killed first.

What does the timeline tell us? Why did Xana end tiktok at 4:12, but the dog didn't start barking until 5 minutes later? What was the thud, and was it the same sound that woke up D.M. or was there a second sound of playing with the dog? She knows who was killed first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds