ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NewsNation Interview w/Former FBI Agent - Basically, he was book smart but probably lacked common sense. Drives his own car to the murder scene, was not anticipating things that went wrong, leaves behind sheath, etc...
Re the debacle of driving own car, passing by home many times,uturn etc from 3.29am to 4.04am on morning of muders.
I'm wondering about what he did during the time between 2.47am (when he turns off his phone presumably)/2.53am (when he is caught driving out of Pullman by camera) and 3.29am when camera reconstruction picks him up in the immediate meighbourhood of King and Queens Roads.

Speculation only from consideration of what IS NOT in the PCA

Could he have parked out of the neighbourhood at a predetermined spot close to say,3am, walked to house unseen, entered (from back) unseen, killed the 3rd floor residents unseen and unheard, walked back to car, realised dropped sheathe...resulting in an emotional panic which made him reckless and all caution thrown to the wind. Hence the panicky, desparate state of drive bys between 3.29 and 4.04am? Eventually he parks with intention of getting the sheathe, bumps into X and E, kills them, is so shaken, panics further and simply leaves house without looking for sheathe? Just an idea. Just speculation based on what we DON'T KNOW about BK's whereabouts during the period in question.

This is exactly how I envisioned things unfolding just based on what we know. The “there’s someone here” throws me off a bit because I do think it must have been X to say it, but then I’m not sure what made her think that if up to that point there hadn’t been *that much* noise (other than the sounds that D said sounded like K playing with the dog). And if I heard creaking of stairs or rustling in a house I lived in with 4 other people, I’d probably first assume it was a roommate and be like, “Kaylee? Maddie? What are you doing up?” Rather than say “there’s someone here”

Ugh. I’m desperate for more info as you can see lol.

That's why I wonder if while BK was upstairs, X went into the kitchen to throw out her DD bag and the door was open which is why she thought someone was there. Or maybe something else was disturbed in the kitchen that made her think that. She could have just been talking to herself. I know even if I'm alone, if I saw a door open in my home in the middle of the night that wasn't a few minutes ago I might say something to myself out loud.

Ha. I'm laughing a little at Dr. Hampiklan because at this point in time, they don't just have trash.

They now have the actual person of BCK. He has his DNA in his body and by now he's given a sample that matches the sheath.

Game over. No more need for genetic genealogy and probable cause. It's very similar to the Joe DeAngelo case. Once they had narrowed the field, they went and got his actual DNA for a match.

I'm pretty sure that they have all kinds of BK DNA under study (gained directly from him) at this point.

Agree 1000%.

The fact they were in the bed together makes me think they were in the same room and were both probably asleep when he came in. I found it really interesting that D thought she heard K talking right before the murders, but the affidavit seemed to think she was mistaken due to X's phone records. That suggests to me that K's phone hadn't been used in a while--maybe not since she stopped calling the ex about an hour earlier--and that she was likely sound asleep. MOO
not disputing that, however it was a single bed which is a very cozy sleep. We can only speculate who was asleep and who was awake for now clearly X was awake but who else? I believe the wording was they were attacked in there sleep that does not necessarily mean they all didn't wake up during the attack.

If BCK bought the kbar knife recently that would be premeditation IMO
I'm not arguing with you. Just bringing up something I keep thinking about.

Just because he dropped a kabar knife sheath doesn't mean conclusively he owns that knife, does it? Maybe it's a different brand.

Mr. Kohberger, do you now or have you ever owned a kabar knife?
Nope.

Maybe he thinks he's throwing in a plot twist.

JMO

the one clue in the affidavit that no one is talking about that I have seen after trying to piece this puzzle together is the fact that the dog was still alive after this monster unleashed his murderous escapade. The one thing that sticks out about the dog being alive is the fact that BK is an obsessive Vegan to say the least. He's actually an over-the-top Vegan to the point that he probably has more empathy and sympathy for an animal over humans to the point that he saved the only animal in the house at the time. If that doesn't spill guilt to murder as a major clue to how we know he is responsible on top of the other damning evidence that we know about so far, I don't know what to tell you.
I respectfully disagree. If 1 or 2 people were targets, he wouldn't waste his time on a dog. Plus dogs are fast and unpredictable. Why risk the dog biting him and increase the chance of leaving DNA. I believe Bryan was on a mission and if the dog was quiet "enough" in a separate room by himself, it wouldn't be worth it to him, IMO.

There is a red stain (very possibly blood) that ran down the length of a piece of furniture in one of the photos! I'm shocked they are bringing evidence out in this way.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-06 8.39.33 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-06 8.39.33 PM.png
    707.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Totally agree. If the roommates never had anyone over and the place was quiet as a mouse each night, I’m sure any one of the things she heard may have concerned her more. But I think there was an enough of a possibly reasonable explanation for everything she heard/saw that made her think the situation wasn’t as dire.
Yes I think it's so dependent on the context. For me, my one roommate and I in college were not super social or partiers, so we would have both been super freaked out if some stranger had been walking through our living space in the middle of the night. But I know from talking to other people who lived in party houses that having strangers wandering around at all hours is often business as usual. MOO

Notice of Hearing (01/05/23)
Second Amended Order Governing Courtroom and Courthouse Conduct (01/04/23)
Stipulation for Nondissemination Order (01/03/23)
Nondissemination Order (01/03/23)
Monroe County Misc Docket PA v. Suspect (01/03/22)
Invocation of Rights (12/30/22)
Motion to Preserve Crime Scene (12/30/22)
Criminal Complaint (12/29/22)
Arrest Warrant (12/29/22)
Probable Cause Order (12/29/22)
Affidavit Exhibit A Bryan Payne Statement (12/29/22)
*I recently discovered The Docket. Today's official documents from this case per The Docket: Binder.
@ChasingPaper89 (https://twitter.com/ChasingPaper89)
I have also verified the court documents via governmental and legal sources.
*The Docket also shared the Idaho Statute stipulating that the prosecutor has 60 days to announce and serve the suspect with a notice to seek the death penalty against him/her.

X may have been talking to E. They heard some commotion on the third floor and wondered what it was. X listens for a few moments and tells him, "There's someone here." Is that possibly what happened?
Certainly could have, but the sounds D reported hearing weren’t very loud or strange so if I were X and E, I’d assume it was just one of the roommates that woke up to go to the bathroom, deal with a doggie accident, or get a drink of water or something. Saying “there’s someone here” gives off a more “there’s someone who’s not supposed to be here that’s here and I’m worried” vibe to me.

I've been quiet for a while, but at this point I have no choice but to side with LE in this case. Hats off to them for solving it so quickly under the conditions, especially after reading the BOMBSHELL affidavit. I appreciate all of your thoughts, however, the one clue in the affidavit that no one is talking about that I have seen after trying to piece this puzzle together is the fact that the dog was still alive after this monster unleashed his murderous escapade. The one thing that sticks out about the dog being alive is the fact that BK is an obsessive Vegan to say the least. He's actually an over-the-top Vegan to the point that he probably has more empathy and sympathy for an animal over humans to the point that he saved the only animal in the house at the time. If that doesn't spill guilt to murder as a major clue to how we know he is responsible on top of the other damning evidence that we know about so far, I don't know what to tell you. I'm confident they found the guy responsible and it's sickening to think about and wrap our heads around on why he did it.... but that's EVIL for you. Rest in Heaven to the 4 innocent souls who lost their life as a result of Devilish, Evil acts.

Meh, that doesn't really prove much to me. He also didn't kill DM. Yes, maybe he didn't see her, but he also didn't go into that room or even bother on the first floor. IMO, he had one target. Everyone else he killed got in the way. Had the dog come rushing in or had the dog bit him, I bet he would have killed the dog too.

MOO.

not disputing that, however it was a single bed which is a very cozy sleep. We can only speculate who was asleep and who was awake for now clearly X was awake but who else? I believe the wording was they were attacked in there sleep that does not necessarily mean they all didn't wake up during the attack.
I'm not disputing they may very well have awakened after being stabbed. I'm just pointing out that I find it highly unlikely that they were in their respective rooms and K went to M's because she was scared. Double-sleeping in a single bed can be cozy and even uncomfortable, but it's not impossible.

That's why I wonder if while BK was upstairs, X went into the kitchen to throw out her DD bag and the door was open which is why she thought someone was there. Or maybe something else was disturbed in the kitchen that made her think that. She could have just been talking to herself. I know even if I'm alone, if I saw a door open in my home in the middle of the night that wasn't a few minutes ago I might say something to myself out loud.
That’s a great point - the door being open or something like that could have been a sign. Didn’t think of that.

BBM - I would think that person is probably his former famous professor at DeSale U , Professor Katherine Ramsland, who wrote the BTK book. I would bet she has already reached out to him to write his memoirs. What a weird twist that would be, if this whole crime was done by him to get her attention and admiration because he developed some weird fixation on her. Twisted for sure - ALL IMO
Well, he did kind of mimic BTK's first kills. Intentional? JMHO

I would too. I do it daily.

(I wonder if he left the sliding door open a little bit for a quick exit? I know, I know, we don't know which door he used to get into the house. YET.) Just thinking out loud.

no. it clearly says she was in the bedroom. You can say it says she was kitchen or hallway or on stairs or outside, but that is is not supported whatsoever by the facts and statements in affidavit which put her in bedroom. In fact it says it twice.
Xana was laying on the floor in the west bedroom on the second floor.

"OFC Smith and I entered the King Road Residence through the bottom floor door on the north side of the building. OFC Smith and I then walked upstairs to the second floor. OFC Smith directed me down the hallway to the west bedroom on the second floor, which I later learned (through Xana's driver's license and other personal belongings found in the room) was Xana Kernodle's, hereafter "Kernodle" room. Just before this room there was a bathroom door on the south wall of the hallway. As I approached the room, I could see a body, later identified as Kemodle's, laying on the floor. Kernodle was deceased with wounds which appeared to have been caused by an edged weapon"
Probable Cause pg. 1

Plastic on the seats is probably not enough. The pedals, under knobs, some nook or cranny of that car... all it takes is a tiny speck of DNA anyplace within that car. JMO, but I think there's a chance.​
The 4am part will be easy for him to explain due to the time difference - it was only 1am for him. The neighbors trash is going to be more difficult. Hopefully the FBI took photos of his parent's trash can showing that it was not full.
I assume they collected the neighbor’s trash? And how were they surveying him at that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member