ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an Aha! Moment about the very early on decisions about the 911 call and the ‘targeted’ assumption by LE: we now know that DM saw him, so if on the 911 call, we have DM or others frantically saying ‘she saw the killer!’, then we now know that she would be in danger as a living witness. So they clamped down on all 911 call info. Also, we’re not sure if killer saw DM or not. (I’m going to assume NOT.) But LE certainly didn’t know for sure that first day. So, if they assumed that he may have known others were there asleep, and left them alive, then they thought ‘targeted‘. I don’t know, all IMOO.
I am starting to think more and more though, IMOO, that something in BK wanted to get caught. he made a lot of bad decisions for someone who clearly preplanned this and studied crime, and that return to the neighborhood at 9am… was it driving him crazy that the news wasn’t reporting anything yet, and he needed a look-and-see?

Wondering if drugs were used right before committing these murders. We will likely never know- pure speculation.MOO

Last edited:
I find it incredibly difficult to believe that he’d have entered the house a second time to retrieve the sheath, and not succeeded in getting it.
I can imagine several scenarios of panic, shock, cutting his losses etc after X and E murdered. That doesn't mean it happenned (him entering a second time) but I can imagine how he might end up leaving without sheath IF he had left it earlier - further stuffing things up for himself because of emtional breakdown and loss of control (after losing the sheath).MOO

Maybe it's not exactly what you have in mind, but they have video of his car on various cameras in both directions. I don't know whether any footage can conclusively be identified as his vehicle, but it's much more damning when combined with cell phone location data showing him in the same area.
And videos of his car by the house. And his tire tracks there….

We do know on the Affidavit p. 8 it mentions a white sedan consistent with the Elantra is visible on a camera in Pullman, WA at 5:25 driving toward BKs apartment.
How far could he get if he left the home at 1122 King Road at 4:20?

Using Google Maps
Moscow to Genesse= 21 min
Genessee to Pullman - 29 min

It looks to me like this is cutting it close.

JMO
15 minutes to spare, if he started obeying the speed limit after leaving the King Road neighborhood “at a high rate of speed” (page 6).
About the same time he took to stab four people.

It's such a narrow timeline to kill four people. I'm not a murderer, but I would think one suspect stabbing four people to death, one after another, would make your arm tired pretty quickly. I feel like something is off or missing, too.
Due to adrenaline that is actually plenty of time, I doubt he felt tired until well after he left the scene, probably not until he got back home. It takes awhile after a huge adrenaline rush to come down from it. There is actually a very good discussion on YouTube about this by Detective Ken Maines, unsure if I can link his videos here, but if you look him up on YouTube he has several discussions that are very good, he sticks to facts and is respectful and professional. His YouTube channel is called Unsolved No More, but if you look up Ken Maines you can find him. He is a former police officer/detective and worked on many of the high profile cases. His discussions are very well done and interesting, he sticks to facts.

Your probably right. I just wonder where he was between 2.53 and 3.29 and why he made such a balls up of driving his car up and down Kings Road etc, when he planned in other ways. I just think - maybe emotional breakdown over leaving sheath earlier.
It's a relevant question, IMO. What I'm extremely curious about is this paragraph on pages 5/6 from the PCA:

A review of camera footage indicated that a white sedan, hereafter "Suspect Vehicle 1", was observed taveling westbound in the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive in Moscow at 5 approximately 3:26 a.m and westbound on Styner Avenue at Idaho State Highway 95 in Moscow at approximately 3:28 a.m. On this video, it appeared Suspect Vehicle 1 was not displaying a front license plate.

So, his vehicle leaves Pullman and goes to Moscow, but he doesn't drive straight to the King Rd. residence. He drives somewhere to the east end of town and is seen heading back west via residential roads before getting to King Rd. by 3:29. What was he doing? Just randomly driving around trying to get up the nerve?

Could be the dog running around like crazy in response to the food delivery (4am), hard to know with the timing as to when DM actually heard that part. I don't think BK was in that house until at least 4.08, but perhaps DM heard the dog just after that and it was BK.
Hmm, possibly. One thing though, I doubt the Doordasher would have rung the doorbell or knocked given the late hour (you can add a note for them to just text/call you when they've dropped off the order) and since Murphy was found in Kaylee's room which is at the very top and back of the house I'm not sure he would've heard much more than the DDer's car pulling up.

It's a relevant question, IMO. What I'm extremely curious about is this paragraph on pages 5/6 from the PCA:

A review of camera footage indicated that a white sedan, hereafter "Suspect Vehicle 1", was observed taveling westbound in the 700 block of Indian Hills Drive in Moscow at 5 approximately 3:26 a.m and westbound on Styner Avenue at Idaho State Highway 95 in Moscow at approximately 3:28 a.m. On this video, it appeared Suspect Vehicle 1 was not displaying a front license plate.

So, his vehicle leaves Pullman and goes to Moscow, but he doesn't drive straight to the King Rd. residence. He drives somewhere to the east end of town and is seen heading back west via residential roads before getting to King Rd. by 3:29. What was he doing? Just randomly driving around trying to get up the nerve?
Was he thinking it’s smart to not go a direct route to his victims?

Maybe he was scouting for a place to dump bloody clothing and the murder weapon after he is done? MOO, MOO, MOO, MOO.

Could be the dog running around like crazy in response to the food delivery (4am), hard to know with the timing as to when DM actually heard that part. I don't think BK was in that house until at least 4.08, but perhaps DM heard the dog just after that and it was BK.
It could well be that. There's no right & wrong and IDK if we'll ever find out the real details

I find it hard to determine when he entered the house. 4.06 ? 4.08 ? Either way, because DM narrative in that affadavit is all approx timing we get the feel of a sequence of killing but only approximate timings up til the 4.17 audio & 4.20 video. Fast kill - two sleeping women in one bed w a super sharp knife & this level of determination/ adrenaline

sadly, I think that D hearing somebody playing with dog (whom she assumes is KG) means she could've heard some other noises which made her think this was not just a dog running around on it's own.
For me, that's either the sounds of footsteps or other noises which just happen to be concurrent with a yelping(?) dog running around. Could be Maddie's room or KG's.
Those other noises could possibly be exclamations. Female ones. Horrible thought ? Yes

in the affadavit - ' she was woken ... by what she stated sounded like Goncalves playing with her dog in one of the upstairs bedrooms'. ( loud enough to wake her but the Door Dash delivery wasn't enough to wake her? timing of door dash is also ' approximately' at the link so could've come before the dog playing sounds.) )

Last edited:
“D.M. stated she opened her door for the third time after she heard the crying….the male walked towards the back sliding glass door.”

JMO He left while at least one victim was still crying? That means he wanted them to die a slow death. Wow.

I am sorry if this has been asked previously. I am curious about the information in the public release of the affidavit. Clearly many details about the crime have not been included in the release. But it has great detail about the roomate who opened the door 3 times. <modsnip> why wouldn’t they take better care to protect her from harmful attacks and redact most of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
What the affidavit says is "approximately" 4 is when she was awoken which could easily mean 5 or so minutes after. I doubt the exact minute is something DM would have been aware of at the time or remembered later.
So, the whole timeline can be five or so minutes off. JMO

IMO, I think the outside “thud” was someone jumping off the third floor balcony. I still think there might have been two intruders.
Agree about the thud but not seeing a second intruder or any evidence of one following EXTENSIVE crime scene analysis by experts and with only a single arrest

I was really stumped! when I saw that the workers at the Mad Greek restaurant did not recall seeing BK there!o_O
I was positive that was where he first saw them! Now I don't have a clue.
It could have been him simply seeing one or more of them on the street that made him decide, yes, there is my target. It is very hard to rationilize an abnormal mind. We have a normal way of thinking. BK, obviously does not. He was hunting for targets to murder and found them. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem