ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOO. Perhaps the PCA does not include everything DM heard and saw that night. Maybe it only included enough info to enable them to obtain the arrest warrant. If so, whatever else she may have seen/heard caused her to freeze in fright when he walked by her room. MOO.
Definitely.
It's extremely lengthy for a PCA but no way is it the entirety of DM's statement.

Or a pawn shop. I don’t think it has been mentioned if the sheath was new or showed use.
I doubt he'd have taken the knife to a pawn shop.

Pawn shops gather personal information in order to comply with state and federal laws and regulations that govern people pawning or selling merchandise to the pawn shop. During every transaction, pawn shops will ask for a government-issued photo ID for record keeping.

I think that's in the event an item ends up being something stolen, or worse, used in a murder.

….Although I think it is an assumption to an extent by the affidavit, what makes you think it could be a reference to something occuring outside of the house, given the timing of the evidence and the location of the victims?
I wasn’t aware affidavits could contain assumptions. Learn something new everyday. Thanks!

I like this theory. I also believe that they were killed in the order listed on criminal complaint, and it makes sense with what we know from PCA. Initially, I posited that it was EC who told XK that he would help her, however, your version is much more sick and twisted and could make sense.

I def think the “thud” was either XK or EC. The sound was captured at 4:17 and he was in the car and driving away by 4:20. This points to the idea that they were killed last and MM and KG first.
I do wonder about the thud but wonder if it might have been a physical attack on EC if he got out of bed to help XK. The autopsy confirmed EC was stabbed but possibly another method was used - strangulation, which is why it wasn’t first noted that he died from stab wounds? I can’t imagine BK wasn’t experiencing a rush of adrenaline but also deep in the craziness that must come with being so violent. What if he decided to try out another method or he dropped the knife in the struggle.

Wearing the knife under his jacket? Hardly convenient, IMO. It's not a schoolboy error. Almost no one who is going to use that knife as an offensive weapon is going to wear it on a conventional belt, IMO. People who carry them for self-defense sometimes use the belt loop, but typically have the knife at the small of their back, because it's long enough and hard enough to impede regular movements of running, twisting, leaping, etc.

Everyone I know who carries a knife for self defense wears it in their jacket. It's a custom where I live. And yes, there are quite a few knifings among the homicides of my region. There are even jackets that allow someone to carry a few knives in a series, and jackets designed for both right-handed and left-handed people (BK is right handed, so easy to get one from Amazon). Carhardt is a known brand, there are many others, including ones that have pockets for other useful items that one wants easy access to.

Wearing it on his belt would have been uncomfortable and I believe he wore a longish outer dark jacket, essential to his kit because he needed to have something that would obscure and perhaps block blood spatter from his other clothes, underneath.

If he failed to take off the jacket or to put protective coverings on his driver side front seat, then he's in a real pickle, forensically.

With the sheath a KaBar is 12 inches long.
Pulling a 12 inch fixed blade knife out of a sheath against the body can be as dangerous as putting it back into the sheath.
He would have to practice.
A sharp knife doesn’t care whose clothing or skin it cuts into

JMO

It doesn't. However, if you follow the sequence of events that is being described in the PCA, I believe the sequence alleged by the police is at least KG/MM on the third floor, followed by X/E on the second. The specific order of the deaths that I set out is my opinion, all IMO, given some of the other facts described in the PCA.
The order in discovery/sequence of bodies in the PCA is Xana, Ethan on the second floor followed by both Kaylee and Maddy who were discovered together

Page 1:
OFC Smith and I then walked upstairs to the second floor. OFC Smith
directed me down the hallway to the west bedroom on the second floor, which I later learned
(through Xana's driver's license and other personal belongings found in the room) was Xana
Kernodle's, hereafter "Kernodle" room. Just before this room there was a bathroom door on the
south wall of the hallway. As I approached the room, I could see a body, later identified as
Kemodle's, laying on the floor. Kernodle was deceased with wounds which appeared to have
been caused by an edged weapon.
Also in the room was a male, later identified as Ethan Chapin, hereafter, "Chapin"

Page 2:
As I entered this bedroom, I could see two females in the single bed in the room. Both
Goncalves and Mogen were deceased with visible stab wounds.

Regarding the sheath, I have seen multiple posts discussing it.

I have owned many knives and sheaths of all types and sizes. With my experience, I can count on one hand how many times I actually wore a sheath hooked to my belt, even for smaller knives. With that said, I have worn horizontal sheaths for foldable pocket knives I've carried in the past. But even those I have not used for awhile.

A knife the size of what BK used that night would be extremely hard to maneuver with and unless the sheath was used a lot, it wouldn't be all that easy to take the knife out from it quickly in my opinion either. I also can't envision it coming off of his belt easily. I would figure he would leave the actual knife behind accidentally than his sheath had he indeed had his sheath attached to his belt.

It's kind of an odd circumstance. It's hard to imagine him taking the knife out of the sheath right before the attack without being just utterly stupid. But it's also hard to imagine the sheath coming off his belt.

I guess he's not as smart as some think he is. Just my opinion.
What about knife not coming out easily or fast enough for him, sheath material new and stiff and he just decided to take it off and start killing rather than fumble or struggle with it? Is that a possible?

Are there any other circumstances which might have made it difficult to extract the knife?

Had to skip the last couple threads. Haven't seen any news.

Anything new since the Criminal Complaint and Arrest Warrant posted? TIA

IMO, I don't believe he admires anybody. I think his actions, as alleged, make that abundantly clear. I perceive him as being quite solipsistic, the self-appointed ruler of a world of his own making, where everyone else is beneath him.
Yup, IMO he's reveling in his new found "fame". I'm sure the media will eventually give him one of those stupid nicknames that will live in infamy, which will thrill him to no end. ..<modsnip> mo

Last edited by a moderator:
BK was so obsessed with the King Rd house and the people living in it that digital evidence showed he traveled back to the area within 5 hours of the crime being committed. My main question now is what or who was he so obsessed with and why. Only the investigators know at this point and they'll probably keep it under wraps until it comes out in court.

This is why I can't watch her. I've tried more than once.

I listened to an interview with a Retired Det. and loosely quoting, Bundy and others like him, would not have gotten as far as they did had they committed their crimes today. Today, surveillance is everywhere. It's basically "1984". People even have hidden trail cams on wooded property. Whole surveillance systems in their homes. These were 20-year-old kids. Invincible. I didn't lock my doors til I was much older and my 2nd s/o was so anal about it that I finally got into the habit of doing so as well (of course they had lived in a large city with far more violent crime, for several years, prior to returning to the hills).
Or perhaps they would have adapted. It's like saying Otto Bismarck's Navy would have not been successful in warfare today. My guess is Bismarck would invested in some submaries, airplanes and destroyers and done just fine.

There are estimates of dozens of active, uncaught serial murderers operating in thr US today and dozens are not getting arrested each year. So, somebody has figured it out

Make of my theory what you will but this part in the affidavit has been really nagging at me since I read it:

D.M. stated she originally went to sleep in her bedroom on the southeast side of the second floor.

Why state originally?.

This from interviews with family.

Kaylee's Sister, brother, dad:

Reporter - The mother of one of the surviving roommates, reminding our viewers, there were two roommates who were upstairs and survived this, told a reporter that those roommates heard something, heard something that night. Have you been told?. Have you heard from sharing with other relatives of the other victims what that was exactly?.

Brother - We haven't spoken to the roommates, surviving roommates. And they were downstairs, just to clarify that for you, sir.

link

Xana's mum.

Banfield - May I ask you if you can confirm that Xana's room was on the second floor of the house?.

Mom - Yes, I can confirm that. I just had a question about the other two roommates who were there on the first floor and I just wonder, wasn't something heard, the surviving roommates that were there, they had to have heard something. They had to have.. the dog, something.

Banfield - I can help you with that, somewhat. There is information from a prior tenant who lived on the first floor, who said when he lived there in 2019 he moved out. He said he could never hear anything on the second or third floor. If the television was playing very loudly on the second floor, he might hear it from the first floor. And I don't know if that helps you to understand.

Mom - The dog heard it and the dog had to have been barking, you know.

Banfield - I have information there as well. Our Brian Entin spoke with the parents of Kaylee Gonsalves and they have actually referred to that and Brian's going to play that interview in a moment. But, B and D., on that first floor, may not have been able to hear anything,

Banfield - I do want to ask you if you know whether or not Xana had a lock on her bedroom door?.

Mom - I believe she did, yes.

Banfield - Do you know if it was a lock that was a code that you would punch in on the bedroom door?. The prior tenant who used to live there said that every one of the doors in that home, all six bedrooms, were rented separately like apartments and they all had coded locks. But lots of social media pictures have shown at least one of the locks on the door across from the kitchen on the second floor, it didn't appear to have a coded lock, but do you think that Xana's room had a coded lock?.

link

Is it at all plausible that Dylan was originally sleeping in the 2nd floor room but after seeing the masked man ran to her old room on the 1st floor that has a coded lock?. Hence why she didn't call anyone, because she didn't take her phone with her?.

As has been stated there's a lot of info. in the affidavit that will have been left out.

This is an interesting thought. The affidavit says she locked the door after she saw him but doesn't say that she went to sleep or remained in the room.

I wonder if she did leave her room eventually after seeing BK leave. Remember the initial 911 call information was that "the surviving roommates summoned friends to the residence because they believed one of the second-floor victims had passed out and was not waking up." I remember a lot of us theorizing that the door to X's room was closed and they were calling her or she had an alarm going off which she wasn't responding to which is why they suspected she was passed out. If there was no/very little blood outside her room, the door was closed and it was dark maybe D did peek go out after time had passed but didn't see anything? She may have still been a little bit spooked by the situation though so she went downstairs either to her old room or maybe even into the other roommate's room to sleep with her.

Then the next morning they woke up and couldn't get a hold of X behind the closed door. It's possible that with everything D had heard the night before she was extremely scared and didn't want to open the door so they called friends.

This would also explain not calling 911 at the time of the murders.

I still think the victims were stabbed in the order in which the judge read the names and charges for their murders. She started with burglary then
Maddie Mogen
Kaylee Goncalves
Xana Kernodle
Ethan Chapin

BUT i think Xana was still alive and wounded. He stopped “early” with her when he noticed Ethan in the bed. Had to kill Ethan because he was a threat then get back to Xana afterwards. Once he killed Ethan he he goes back to crying Xana abd says don’t worry I’ll help you and uses the knife until she’s dead. He may have lifted her off the floor and said don’t worry I’ll help you to her face and she whimpered and then he threw her against the wall (the thud) then the final stabs and or slashes. Her room was pretty small so her body could have hit the wall and still been found lying where it was.
The order of names baffled me too. It’s not alphabetical. But I think there’s a chance it’s by oldest victim to youngest… I think M’s bday was May 25, 2001. K’s June 8, 2001. Xana’s July 5, 2002, and Ethan’s October 29, 2002.

The order in discovery of bodies in the PCA is Xana, Ethan on the second floor followed by both Kaylee and Maddy were discovered together

Page 1:
OFC Smith and I then walked upstairs to the second floor. OFC Smith
directed me down the hallway to the west bedroom on the second floor, which I later learned
(through Xana's driver's license and other personal belongings found in the room) was Xana
Kernodle's, hereafter "Kernodle" room. Just before this room there was a bathroom door on the
south wall of the hallway. As I approached the room, I could see a body, later identified as
Kemodle's, laying on the floor. Kernodle was deceased with wounds which appeared to have
been caused by an edged weapon.
Also in the room was a male, later identified as Ethan Chapin, hereafter, "Chapin"

Page 2:
As I entered this bedroom, I could see two females in the single bed in the room. Both
Goncalves and Mogen were deceased with visible stab wounds.

I was previously refering to the order of deaths on the basis of the evidence described, not the order of the bodies discovered on the walk through of the house according to the detective's witness statement.

One thing I noticed in the PCA.....the detective was comfortable describing the injuries he viewed on X as 'from an edged weapon', on M & K he described 'visible stab wounds'. However, when he describes E he states 'wounds later determined to be sharp-force injuries' and refers to the autopsy findings.

I believe there was something different there than the others.

I didn't mention jackets or coats
and does his KAbar sheath have the loops for horizontal carry? ( small of the back)

'People who carry them for self-defense sometimes use the belt loop....' yes that's the scenario I was trying to suggest - combat ready for an offensive ( not ur average Joe who's carrying for defence but not planning a massacre) :)

We don't know which sheath he has, but the standard USMC stamped one mentioned in the PCA does have a loop for the belt.

I'm the one who mentioned a jacket and I'm sticking to that theory. I believe he was wearing layered clothing that night (if not, he is truly the world's dumbest criminal alive today). I believe he was wearing a jacket, now disposed of. I believe the PCA mentions that DM says he's wearing one, but I'm going from memory.

And I wasn't necessarily meaning horizontal carry, because I see people vertical carry at the small of their back when we're in the woods (sheath inside their trousers usually, often outdoor style pants with some elastic in the waist so that the person can climb and jump as well).

I don't believe it was on his belt or even that he was wearing a belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx