ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this lady lets others to push her around :)

I have a feeling it will be she to intimidate him.

JMO

I sure hope so. And he's probably scared to death of women to start with.

I hope she can intimidate him into taking a plea deal in return for a full confession and statement read in court that satisfies any victim families' need to know. The less we all see of him, the better.

OTOH, he has a right to trial and he knows it. I hope Ms Taylor can find a way to make this particular case professionally rewarding, as it is a doozy and a nightmare.

I'm really curious if the same cameras that captured BK on the morning of the murders, also captured him on his former late-night trips to Moscow. Did he do trial runs? Did he watch any YouTubes on combat fighting with a knife, etc? Did he order swat gear to go along with his KBar? Or did he seriously just wing it?

My feeling is this was a kind of tactical exercise to him, and I doubt he had any one target. It was challenging himself to go undetected. I might feel differently tomorrow...

How can the white car be spotted on camera (gas station) at 3:45 AM (after the murders), when the affidavit states that killing took place 4 AM to 4:25 AM?
I thought that 3:45 am is before the murders.

I can agree with the step down but I don't think the kitchen would have had the lights off. X was in there at 4:12 on TikTok and I would assume still finishing her DD food since it was only dropped off 4:00am, so I think the kitchen light would still be on. Maybe thats how she could see "bushy eyebrows", which IMO is something she couldn't have seen in the dark? MOO

Also we are all talking about her opening her bedroom door...I dont think she opened wide open and stood in the opening, I would guess that she peaked out. I say this for two reasons, A she was prob a lil scared from all the odd noises and she was always (presumably) wearing her night clothes and if it was E out there she didn't want him, or anyone, to see her

This. And with little light to illuminate the drop off, his eyes were most likely focused down right at the moment she would have come into view.

Dead weight of a body falling = thud. My sense is that had to have been Xana's body collapsing to the bedroom floor. I cannot shake my feeling that Ethan never woke.

But from 50 feet away with at least one wall intervening? I'm impressed with that camera's recording ability.

Am I misremembering? PCA did say the thud was caught on the audio recording of a nearby camera, right? Or is it just DM who heard it? Can't remember now and I don't want to misstate it any more than I may have.

I agree with you that it's possible Ethan never woke. And it is possible that the thud is X's body (especially as she is on the same floor as DM). I may be wrong about the camera - things are moving so fast and everyone is scrambling to find various sources. I like this process on WS, keeps our brains functional.

Wouldn't you think that the father would notice the knife missing? He must know.

Yes, the knife that had his father's dna and also the insigna on the sheath. I could be wrong of course, but how many big knives like that would someone have. Once the details of the crime have come out and implicated BK, then I would think the father would look for the knife. I guess that is what "I' would do.
Father's DNA? What now?

Not really because literally everything tells me we don't have any sort of confirmation of the order of the murders. The PCA was written in the order of how the officer walked through/was shown the crime scene, as is clearly stated in the statement. I'm not sure where you're inferring that in anyway indicates the order of the murders.
The PCA includes descriptions of evidence and the crime scene, IMO, and the order of the murders (as the police allege it) can be determined from this evidence, although I do agree that the police have not confirmed anything and so I will be more careful with my own opinions :) That said, there is one fact that the PCA states over pages 4 and 5 which suggests the attack is occuring in X's room and then after this that the perp walks past DM and exits through the backdoor. He must have committed the murders on the third floor before those on the second floor as he does not go upstairs after attacking X/E, he leaves. MOO

He'll plead not guilty. He'll have a public defender. He's got nothing but time on his hands now. Going to court is time not spent in his cell. There's also a chance that a jury could find him not guilty. We've all seen that happen before.

He HAS a public defender - one of the best in the state. Ms. Anne Taylor, Chief PD of Kootenai County.

The question is will she be able to talk him into a plea bargain. I think most of us think he will not go that way. She will surely advise him that he ought to, IMO.

He's not going to be found "not guilty" as I don't think there's any way on the Green Earth that 12 people could all think him not guilty, just based on the PCA. Preliminary hearing will make us even more shocked/convinced and by the time the trial starts, so much discovery will have taken place that there will be many many strands in the net (or in the hangman's rope, if it goes that way, which I personally think it will).

He must be a gambling man, but I bet Ms Taylor is not. She will tell him what his best chances are of avoiding the DP.

I wonder if he'll insist on taking the stand (as well as being co-counsel).

Not really because literally everything tells me we don't have any sort of confirmation of the order of the murders. The PCA was written in the order of how the officer walked through/was shown the crime scene, as is clearly stated in the statement. I'm not sure where you're inferring that in anyway indicates the order of the murders.
I agree.
The order of the murders will be determined by blood analysis on the victims, most likely, assuming killer did not wipe blade clean of both blood and DNA following each killing and the speed at which he worked suggests he had no time for that or used a separate knife... that is a possibility, of course.
There will be times for the CCTV, times for any internet or phone activity, time for food delivery and times for vehicle.
DM didn't note exact times for anything in the abbreviated notes about her statement.. 'around 4'..

We'll need to wait this one out.

BCK wanted to go in Army in high school, was he rejected? Usually young men can get a free education if they go to the service

Last edited:
H
We know what evidence they had for the PCA but what evidence do yall think they have now that they've arrested him and have access to his properties and car?
Hopefully a bunch more! Like in his car, his school laptop & home may contain additional evidence IMO. I suspect LE has more DNA from crime scene; they did not disclose everything IMO
I’m impressed with LE investigation thus far

I was suggesting it may have been purchased from a pawn shop at some point not sold to a pawn shop as a way to dispose of it.
Highly possible. I thought about posting about the possibility it was bought secondhand as I rarely buy anything new/full price. So you're right. It could have been a pawn shop purchase, garage or estate sale, etc. No tracking that way. :)

His vehicle was spotted at an Ez-pass (likely toll road)
There isn't a toll road there. Loma is just a very tiny town near the end of a valley of interconnecting towns. It's ranch and farm country. Country Jam is just a little ways from there (in Mack, 2 miles up the road).

However, there is a state port of entry there for trucks and such. When Covid was a big thing, Colorado and Utah had tracking throughout their states and people weren't supposed to travel beyond certain distances. Even on the country roads around there, you'd get a message on your phone telling you to turn around. I imagine they pinged him at that line.

Can anyone enlighten me about a few questions I have about the DNA source? Can the defense lawyer dismiss the evidence if there's no other sample to be tested by the defense team?

And - a biology question actually - all our characteristics as human are encoded on a DNA string right? So can you draw a picture of the murdered based of the genes found on that DNA? Like ethnicity, sex, hair color, eyes color, and more?

I apologize if this was already posted. My search on some keywords didn't come up with anything so perhaps it wasn't (I'm not caught up. AGAIN. lol)

Appears LE circled the house overhead even after the arrest. I wonder if they are suspecting his family of assisting Bryan. I can't think of why they'd still be watching the house once he's gone if it wasn't that.

A single-engine 2019 Textron Aviation 208B repeatedly rounded Kohberger’s parents’ home in Albrightsville, Pa., from 4:02 a.m. to 6:22 a.m. last Friday, even after state police and the FBI had raided the dwelling

I think it's on a flight path, is it not?
Possibly a training exercise but if it actually was LE could have been searching for fresh earth movement or mounds where he might have buried evidence?
Just my first thoughts..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member