ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can agree with the step down but I don't think the kitchen would have had the lights off. X was in there at 4:12 on TikTok and I would assume still finishing her DD food since it was only dropped off 4:00am, so I think the kitchen light would still be on. Maybe thats how she could see "bushy eyebrows", which IMO is something she couldn't have seen in the dark? MOO

Also we are all talking about her opening her bedroom door...I dont think she opened wide open and stood in the opening, I would guess that she peaked out. I say this for two reasons, A she was prob a lil scared from all the odd noises and she was always (presumably) wearing her night clothes and if it was E out there she didn't want him, or anyone, to see her
My problem with the kitchen light being on is that I don't think BK would have entered the house in a lit room. Even the neighbors could have seen him then. I think the reason he circled back and forth for a half-hour was due to the fact that people were up, lights were on, and other activity in the house. If he was wearing all black, I think the purpose was to go unseen in the darkness, so he waited until all the lights were off.

How long does it take to eat a meal, like a burger, for instance? I'm likely a pig, but I wouldn't need more than a couple minutes. If DD was around 4am, give or take because we don't have an exact time, she might have been done with it, or taken it into her room, and in bed looking at her phone with the rest of the lights off by the time BK decided to park at 4:04. Just one possibility. JMO.

I totally agree. After reading the affidavit, to me it sounds like that little bit of DNA on the knife sheath is really what nailed him. There was no mention of his blood anywhere or his DNA anywhere else. Of course, there could have been his DNA all over, but I feel that info would have been included in the affidavit to strengthen LE's case for arrest.
Wouldn't you think that the father would notice the knife missing? He must know.

Yes, the knife that had his father's dna and also the insigna on the sheath. I could be wrong of course, but how many big knives like that would someone have. Once the details of the crime have come out and implicated BK, then I would think the father would look for the knife. I guess that is what "I' would do.
The fathers DNA is not on the knife sheath. The single male DNA found on the sheath button snap was from BK.
The fathers DNA was collected and proved a paternity match to the DNA found on the button snap.

"The white sedan cruised past the gray, three-story rental home on a dead-end street in Moscow, Idaho. Then again. And again.

It was unusual behavior in the residential, hillside neighborhood in the quiet hours before dawn."

Before the arrest, I went onto Google Maps - Street View and imagined being in a car (or on foot) and viewing the house from a hidden area. (The red X on the map below shows the vantage point of the house if you click my street view link above.)

There are so many strange, dead end streets around there, not to mention various woodsy places that I thought someone could easily watch the house from undetected.

I could see why LE would be suspicious of a car going back and forth many times on those back roads. I mean, you don't travel to that part of town unless you live there (or are up to no good).

1673125170181.png

Wow, amazing post (your writing style is awesome).

Esp the true crime real estate in people's minds - that's exactly what he wants. He's known for years that he has a criminal mind, he wants to be known for it, one way or another.

I think he's enjoying intimidating (in his own mind) the blonde attorney. I think he's delighted he got a lady attorney. And yes, he will likely have big disagreements with her. She knows this already, IMO.

I would not put it past this guy to demand to be able to represent himself in court - off to look up Darrell Brooks!
It is all fun and games for the defendant until his DNA shows up on knife sheath left at the scene of a brutal mass murder involving the stabbing of four young co-eds in a state that has no problems executing people on death row when they have the drugs to do it....IMO

IMO I also do not like the all of the insinuations made about the defendant's "blonde female" attorney. Defendants do not get to call central casting and request a certain type of attorney based on their gender and physical looks...IMO

The defendant's attorney is the only DP qualiified court appointed attorney in the entire panhandle and that is why she has the case....IMO That means she has significant trial experience and more specifically DP case experience. IMO she will be able to explain to the defendant the significance of going to trial on a DP case, including what a DP qualified jury in rural Idaho will be like....IMO

Xana gets her DoorDash at 4 a.m. and is on Tik Tok until 4:12 a.m. At 4:04 a.m. Suspect Vehicle 1  enters the neighborhood again, tries to park or turnaround, continues to Queens Road, does a 3-point turn and drives east on Queens Road. The last noise from the camera at the home near Xana's room is at 4:17. The vehicle is next seen  departing the area at 4:20 a.m. So. If he parks on the Queens Road side of the house and enters the kitchen through the sliding glass door at 4:05 to 4:07, it would hard for Xana and Ethan to have been first. Or am I missing something?

One of my touchstones for thinking about attacks like this one is Dave Cullen's book Columbine, where he talks about "spectacle murder" in relation to this sort of school massacre where there is no apparent motive other than notoriety and name recognition. Cullen writes this in the Epilogue to the latest edition:

There are all sorts of killers who might have inspired a middle of the night murder spree; Richard Speck, the killer of 8 student nurses in a Chicago apartment in 1966 comes to mind. But one thing Cullen points out is that reaching for fame might involve in some way outdoing murderous predecessors. The Columbine killers really planned a bombing, intended to out=do Timothy McVeigh in terms of body count. The other way to gain notoriety is by choosing victims that shock the rest of us--kindergarten kids, whole families, etc. In this case, he choose young, attractive college kids in a small college town. He got his shock value. I hope he's left a trove of writings (as the killer quoted above did, as Eric Harris did before Columbine) so we can get a glimpse into his demented thought processes. My guess is that he's just another spectacle murderer, no big mastermind. Just a failure who used the lives and deaths of others to catch the limelight. My opinion only, of course.

"Spectacle Murder". I haven't heard that term before. Well, I guess unless one could say, The press made a spectacle out of the trial of X, Y, or Z. I can see that as a very spot-on term for these school shooters and such. It brings them years, even decades, of fame in some cases. I do feel he wants his place in the limelight, and maybe beyond his year(s) at trial, if he can make it happen.

I think it's on a flight path, is it not?
Possibly a training exercise but if it actually was LE could have been searching for fresh earth movement or mounds where he might have buried evidence?
Just my first thoughts..
That very well may be but it circled the house for hours. A flight path wouldn't circle and I wouldn't think a training exercise would circle the house where the bust of a quadruple murder recently took place.

Is BK's info on idaho mycourts been hidden? All I see is the traffic violation.

That very well may be but it circled the house for hours. A flight path wouldn't circle and I wouldn't think a training exercise would circle the house where the bust of a quadruple murder recently took place.
Makes no sense Gemmie.

Not really because literally everything tells me we don't have any sort of confirmation of the order of the murders. The PCA was written in the order of how the officer walked through/was shown the crime scene, as is clearly stated in the statement. I'm not sure where you're inferring that in anyway indicates the order of the murders.

I agree, the sequence of events is not in the PCA.
At some point it will be put together and as complete as it can be with the evidence known- but that time is not now.

Now they are sifting through digital info on his computer, detailing his car, and looking through his social media etc etc etc

JMO

How did they end up in the same bed after the attack then?
For example: He may have been attacking MM in her room. KG hears, and enters the room or confronts him in the hallway (since DM hears commotion upstairs in the room directly above her it could be that she was hearing KG). The perp attacks KG and places her onto the same bed as MM. I just do not believe that it is necessarily is the case that MM and KG were sharing a bed, is all. All MOO and speculation.

Agree, and DNA is incredibly small.
While a person’s full genetic code is about 2 meters long, it is folded and wrapped to the size of about 2 microns. 1 micron is 1 millionth of a meter

So he could wipe all he wanted and look and wipe again. But, he did not use alcohol, very hot water, or dilute bleach- or that DNA would have been denatured and be unusable for any kind of match.

That is one reason why he made a big mistake earning an BA and then an MA. He didn’t have to take the biology classes that a BS and MS would demand, and those classes would have taught him what DNA is!

JMO
TBH watching Forensic Files could've taught him that :rolleyes:

Xana gets her DoorDash at 4 a.m. and is on Tik Tok until 4:12 a.m. At 4:04 a.m. Suspect Vehicle 1  enters the neighborhood again, tries to park or turnaround, continues to Queens Road, does a 3-point turn and drives east on Queens Road. The vehicle is next seen  departing the area at 4:20 a.m. So. If he parks on the Queens Road side of the house and enters the kitchen through the sliding glass door at 4:05 to 4:07, it would hard for Xana and Ethan to have been first. Or am I missing something?
Nope, you're right. JMO

A Long Fling into the Water?

@LetsSolvIt Per source below, knife could be at the bottom of Mississippi River, only if BCK has a helluva throwing arm. 1000+ mi!

Often geographically confused myself, I tend to check maps frequently. And oh, in streaming the "Vera" TV series (OP's avatar), I've learned a bit more about Northumberland & English geography.

"There are 1,028.64 mi between Lake Itasca, MN and Lewiston, ID." (Lake Itasca is the headwater of the Mississippi River.)

@al66pine, guess you missed my later post. I know exactly where the Mississippi is and also Idaho. One usually crosses the Mississippi to come East to Penn.

ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

Last edited:
My problem with the kitchen light being on is that I don't think BK would have entered the house in a lit room. Even the neighbors could have seen him then. I think the reason he circled back and forth for a half-hour was due to the fact that people were up, lights were on, and other activity in the house. If he was wearing all black, I think the purpose was to go unseen in the darkness, so he waited until all the lights were off.

How long does it take to eat a meal, like a burger, for instance? I'm likely a pig, but I wouldn't need more than a couple minutes. If DD was around 4am, give or take because we don't have an exact time, she might have been done with it, or taken it into her room, and in bed looking at her phone with the rest of the lights off by the time BK decided to park at 4:04. Just one possibility. JMO.
Agree with you TL4S: Although I think she is more likely to have been sat on the sofa in the living room. JMO

Highly possible. I thought about posting about the possibility it was bought secondhand as I rarely buy anything new/full price. So you're right. It could have been a pawn shop purchase, garage or estate sale, etc. No tracking that way. :)
or stolen

Xana gets her DoorDash at 4 a.m. and is on Tik Tok until 4:12 a.m. At 4:04 a.m. Suspect Vehicle 1  enters the neighborhood again, tries to park or turnaround, continues to Queens Road, does a 3-point turn and drives east on Queens Road. The vehicle is next seen  departing the area at 4:20 a.m. So. If he parks on the Queens Road side of the house and enters the kitchen through the sliding glass door at 4:05 to 4:07, it would hard for Xana and Ethan to have been first. Or am I missing something?
She's not in the bedroom eating, she's eating in the living room or a room that is not in view of the double doors.
He goes straight to where Ethan is sleeping , kills him soundlessly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx