ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@layer -right before we moved threads you had replied to my musing about that being the second time he was at the house that night. Just to clarify then I’ll drop it-the thinking is that he went by earlier (in the 320 timeframe). Entered on foot (parked elsewhere). Killed m (and k because she was there as well). Left.

Realized he left the sheath. Panicked and WENT BACK (which is why the weird turn arounds, etc). What dm heard-playing with dog-is him looking for sheath. Xana-still alive-says “someone is in here” and alerts e. BK hears that and decides it’s time to leave-but is discovered so killed x and e THEN. DM sees him leaving.

Honestly I know it’s far fetched. I read another post from a ws’er late last night and started trying to figure out if it could have happened that way. In my mind only-it helps to explain the timing, and the weirdness of the car turning around. Etc…. But it’s just me. Moo. Just wanted to explain.
I am wondering if the turning around the car was done at the same time - up and down the street looking for ideal place to park and checking to see if car of boyfriend was parked somewhere nearby? Then finding his spot to flee from after deed was done....

I don’t know how. It has loops to slide the belt through. JMO

If you google USMC KABAR sheaths you'll see a variety of options, some of which are far sturdier than others. Some are held to a belt with nothing more than a piece of stringy leather smaller than the average shoestring. There are also KABAR sheath attachments for belts that use snaps so people can attach them without removing their belts.

I'm not saying it's definitive it was on his belt, just that it seems just as likely to me personally he was wearing it and it came dislodged than he was carrying it around and discarded the sheath when he removed the knife.

I wonder too, if LE is trying to/has gotten records from his previous cell phone carrier. That plus looking for connections to unsolved cases. The immediate concern is getting a conviction for this crime, but IMO well worth investigating anything he may have been involved with in the past.

kabarside.jpg
If this is the sheath that was left behind, you feed your belt through the loop that is fixed on the sheath. There isn't a snap to put it on and off a belt. The only snap is to remove the knife from the sheath.

Why he didn't have pants on that have belt loops, use a belt and put the sheath through the belt so it stayed in place is interesting. Maybe he did have on some kind of jumpsuit and didn't realize until too late it would be too hard to zip it up and down to have access to the knife and therefore had to carry it.

Another idea is that he wore a hoodie and put the knife in the sheath in the hoodie pocket. He unsnapped the knife from the sheath while it was still in the pocket and the sheath fell out while he attacked. Maybe he just undid the knife from the sheath upon entering and set it on the bed which after reading the PCA, very well could be the case as he did a very poor job covering his tracks (thank the stars) and with planning. speculation and moo

We know what evidence they had for the PCA but what evidence do yall think they have now that they've arrested him and have access to his properties and car?
Given how LE was so tight mouthed about this whole investigation, I am sure LE had more evidence then what was presented in the PCA. They would have presented in the PCA only what was needed to obtain the warrant(s) they needed for the arrest and to collect further evidence.

I am guessing that they will find some sort of "trophy" somewhere and more than likely DNA and blood evidence from the car.

The snap is to allow the knife to be removed from the sheath, there is a loop on the backside, when putting on a belt you slid the belt through the loops on pants and when youvround to the right side you slide the belt through loop on back of sleath then continue with belt. It hangs off you belt.

Jmo
It was the inside of the snap button, wasn't it?
I thought that indicated pre crime before any blood was spilled.
Anytime before he went to that crime scene?

We don't know what sort of sheath he had, only that it said KABAR USMC, and a google search shows a wide variety of them that could easily be dislodged from a belt during a fight. For example, look at the loop fastening this one to the belt, it doesn't scream sturdy to me...

There are a large variety of aftermarket sheaths made specifically for this knife. Some made of kydex that open up and don't have to be threaded through a belt. But all the factory sheaths I've ever seen, the leather ones that specifically say KA-BAR USMC with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor emblem on them, have the leather loop securely fastened to the back of the sheath. You would likely tear your belt completely off before that loop comes loose. But we don't know it was attached to a belt; we don't even know if he was wearing a belt.

YMMV

So the "it's OK I am going to help you" comment that the surviving witness heard. Could that have been the boyfriend comforting x after she was attacked? Or the killer trying telling her that so she would not continue resisting perhaps?

IMO, it was BK. In the PCA, DM noted she heard a "male voice." IMO, she would recognize E's voice and would have noted this, as she did K's, "she heard who she thought was Goncalves say something to the effect of, "there's someone here."

Last edited:
Given how LE was so tight mouthed about this whole investigation, I am sure LE had more evidence then what was presented in the PCA. They would have presented in the PCA only what was needed to obtain the warrant(s) they needed for the arrest and to collect further evidence.

I am guessing that they will find some sort of "trophy" somewhere and more than likely DNA and blood evidence from the car.
Yah, prosecution left holes on purpose. (Traps). They used only what they needed to get arrest warrant.

Something that really stands out to me is sound. Some of you may recall and others don't know but I have a pretty severe hearing loss.

So I'm just blown away that D heard (most likely) BK uttering the "it's okay" phrase. I mean I wouldn't hear that from 20 feet away let alone through walls.

So here's what I'm thinking. If he isn't hearing impaired he should know his voice could be heard. He knew the 2 upstairs were dead, so presented no threat. I'm not convinced he knew D was on the 2nd floor.

Can his voice be used as an identifier for D?

JMO

Just looking at my husbands kbar from his USMC days in VietNam gave me the chills. It’s definitely a kill knife. Bigger than I thought. Very sturdy and heavy. I can’t imagine the damage it can do.

"I think that’s where the attack initiated, and that’s important," Joseph Scott Morgan, a distinguished scholar of applied forensics at Jacksonville State University in Alabama, told Fox News Digital "[It] goes to progression, and it goes to who the target was. That was perhaps the specific location he was bound for."

So the "it's OK I am going to help you" comment that the surviving witness heard. Could that have been the boyfriend comforting x after she was attacked? Or the killer trying telling her that so she would not continue resisting perhaps?
I was thinking about this this morning (in Europe).

The PCA is not clear that this was the specific words that this male voice used - perhaps DM was tired and/or drunk at the time that she heard it or did not register it as being a serious statement, and then was stressed/distressed when she recalled it later as a witness in later interview. Page 4 of the PCA states: "a male voice say something to the effect of "it's ok, I'm going to help you."

We do not know, for example:
  • who - E or perp or some other - said it. It is not alleged in the PCA that the perp had said it,
  • if the statement is accurate, in the words used or sentiment expressed,
  • the timing of the statement, especially in relation to a murder or murders,
  • the time of the statement, especially in relation to other evidence such as as the CCTV on the neighbouring house, and
  • the intonation or meaning that was being expressed when this somebody had allegedly said it. Indeed, try it, you could say those words in a number of ways, with a different emphasis, to create a different meaning behind it. It can sound very sinister, or not.
But these words are subject to a high degree of interpretation, and as noted the witness account seems unreliable. But the sentiment - helping someone to do something - is interesting to me:

I understand that X and M were waitresses in a local restaurant, the Mad Greek. Perhaps KB had became aware of X and M in that place. If KB had encountered X there and therefore "knew" her, and assuming the male voice was KB and he was using this language at the time he killed her - which is not something alleged in the PCA - perhaps they could have had a prior conversation or disagreement in the context of providing a table service at the restaurant, and the perp was bringing it up again.

All just MOO and pure speculation. Sorry if already mentioned.

@layer -right before we moved threads you had replied to my musing about that being the second time he was at the house that night. Just to clarify then I’ll drop it-the thinking is that he went by earlier (in the 320 timeframe). Entered on foot (parked elsewhere). Killed m (and k because she was there as well). Left.

Realized he left the sheath. Panicked and WENT BACK (which is why the weird turn arounds, etc). What dm heard-playing with dog-is him looking for sheath. Xana-still alive-says “someone is in here” and alerts e. BK hears that and decides it’s time to leave-but is discovered so killed x and e THEN. DM sees him leaving.

Honestly I know it’s far fetched. I read another post from a ws’er late last night and started trying to figure out if it could have happened that way. In my mind only-it helps to explain the timing, and the weirdness of the car turning around. Etc…. But it’s just me. Moo. Just wanted to explain.
Its not that far fetched, it's plausible.

I think it's vital to pin down DMs timeline.
It says she woke at approximately 4:00 am but is there anyway to verify this, did she activate phone to check the time!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia