ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a Suboxone clinic. IMO and personal experience, if he were still in active addiction when arrested we would have seen him get extremely dope sick. The fact that he looked the way he did in his mugshot(Healthy, not sweating, eyes open all the way) I’m going to guess he was clean.
I'm still not convinced that he ever did heroin, much less had an addiction to it. He would have had to find a reliable supplier and learn how to use it (smoke/shoot up, unless he only snorted). Addicts usually progress from cigarettes/vaping > alcohol and weed (middle school) > pills/coke/meth > heroin/fentanyl. Not saying it is impossible to progress to heroin so quickly, just far from the norm.

Not sure if this is allowed but going back re-reading early threads here and trying to figure out if he may have been posting. I think yes. If so, I’m pretty sure he thought both surviving roomates were on the first floor. He thought the bedroom that DM was in was unoccupied so he never would have realized someone saw him. There was even a drawing to show the killers route which looks to be accurate. Crazy if true.

I respectfully disagree. IMO the prosecution has an open and shut case with the knife sheath with BKs DNA. Prosecution does not need her testimony. And they dont need her to identify the bushy browed man in open court. His DNA puts him at the murder scene. She can simply retell her story of seeing a figure clad in black. I can’t see how the defense can destroy her testimony. She saw what she saw. All MOO.
DNA is, under the law, considered inherently circumstantial.

I think there are many of us who absolutely oppose any critique of her reaction to this hyper traumatic event.But that does not change the fact that this will at the same time maker her less than an ideal witness. The defense is going to ask if she ever uses alcohol or drugs. If so when and what she used last. Why she did not call police, and scores of difficult questions. It is not about whether all the jurors see her as a problematic witness, but if just one does.

It is kind of a strawman to say the defense has to "destroy" her testimony. They may successfully raise doubt about it.

It was dark, he was in black. I don't think DM's observations - or lack thereof - are a linchpin to a conviction.

I understand she's the closest thing we have to a witness but she's a victim.

Conviction of BK does not depend on anything she did or did not do.

Put yourself in her shoes at 18 or 19 in a house where strangers are frequent guests.

V-I-C-T-I-M
ITA. She could be good for verifying the timeline. But even that is not needed. Imo.

When had Kaylee gotten her new vehicle? I've been wondering if Bryan had wanted to kill the people he killed. I know Kaylee wasn't supposed to be there, but with how many times Bryan had scoped out the place he had to recognize the cars in the driveway so he would know who was there. My question is, if he had ever seen Kaylee's new car in the driveway?

IMO It's irresponsible & unfair to pick apart literally everything a person says or does because they are accused of a crime.
The defendent has a right to defend themselves.
Why not allow the entire process and full story to be told?
In this particular case the defense is saying they look forward to telling their side. It's at the point where they do, when people can make an informative decision on guilt or innocence.
The process is the same whether it's someone accused of speeding or accused of murder.
I think for those who are potential jurors and triers of fact your statement applies. But really that does not apply to the general public. I have an strong opinion that Mohammed Atta drove a plane into the WTC, but he never had a trial.

IMO, someone could have stolen or borrowed BKs car.If BK didn’t do it, he KNOWS WHO did
Respectfully, I strongly disagree here. I'll admit that someone could have borrowed his car, but no one stole it and brought it back to him. Car thieves don't do that. They ditch them. And sometimes they burn them to destroy evidence. As for knowing who did it - if he knew, why ask for an attorney, be extradited and all of that mess if he could just say "My friend Fred borrowed my car. I think he did it." And none of that explains all his trips to that area late at night.

I'm still not convinced that he ever did heroin, much less had an addiction to it. He would have had to find a reliable supplier and learn how to use it (smoke/shoot up, unless he only snorted). Addicts usually progress from cigarettes/vaping > alcohol and weed (middle school) > pills/coke/meth > heroin/fentanyl. Not saying it is impossible to progress to heroin so quickly, just far from the norm.
His coworker from 2013 said they used heroin together.

These are the most recent NYT stories. None say a DNA swab was taken, just that there was DNA on the sheath that was closely matched to the murderer's father's DNA.

I think the DNA swab was done by the PA police upon arrest. I can’t find a link, though.

If BK was wearing a ski mask then I believe the PCA would have stated that. Medical mask vs. ski mask: The ski mask would have been super suspicious and terrifying whereas a medical mask has become the norm since the pandemic. If this happened pre pandemic then it would be bizarre but it's not now.
Was BK wearing gloves? Do you assume "no" because the PCA didn't say it? The PCA can only state what D witnessed and what she remembers. That's my only point here, and that isn't really up for debate.

I haven't gone through all of these posts, but several thoughts involving the capture of BK re: this heinous crime. I suspect this has not been brought up before - or at least not on this site.

-The investigation & capture of BK occurred only because the authorities were putting a lot of $, resources, and time/effort into this investigation. Conversely, there are a plethora of other crimes that have occurred relatively recently & in the past - that are still completely unsolved. And, many of these could probably have been solved (or still be solved) if the authorities in these cases had put as much time, money, and effort into them as they did into this BK case - from Day 1. I don't need to give examples, because anyone that follows true crime/missing persons cases knows exactly what I'm talking about.

-Going along with this, it's extremely obvious that the #1 reason this case got so much attention was because of the HUGE international media & online coverage. I.e., if this case had never gotten anything other than local coverage (local meaning just in & around the Moscow, ID area) & if only the local authorities were conducting the investigation (and additional organizations hadn't been assisting, etc.) - I suspect it would still be unsolved, and may have never been solved.

- it's interesting that when BK & his father were driving cross-country, LE pulled them over twice for speeding. And, they just got a warning each time. Many people that get pulled over get a ticket the first time. Wow. This is favoritism & entitlement at it's finest.
I read LE pulled him over both times to get information from him such as phone numbers, destinations etc, so they could keep track of him and not lose him somewhere along his route. Hence warnings both times. It had to be a legitimate stop but even going one mile over the speed limit is speeding and who’s never done that before.

I haven't gone through all of these posts, but several thoughts involving the capture of BK re: this heinous crime. I suspect this has not been brought up before - or at least not on this site.

-The investigation & capture of BK occurred only because the authorities were putting a lot of $, resources, and time/effort into this investigation. Conversely, there are a plethora of other crimes that have occurred relatively recently & in the past - that are still completely unsolved. And, these could probably have been solved (or still be solved) if the authorities in these cases had put as much time, money, and effort into them as they did into this BK case - from Day 1. I don't need to give examples, because anyone that follows true crime/missing persons cases knows exactly what I'm talking about.

-Going along with this, it's extremely obvious that the #1 reason this case got so much attention was because of the HUGE international media & online coverage. I.e., if this case had never gotten anything other than local coverage (local meaning just in & around the Moscow, ID area) & if only the local authorities were conducting the investigation (and additional organizations hadn't been assisting, etc.) - I suspect it would still be unsolved, and may have never been solved.

- it's interesting that when BK & his father were driving cross-country, LE pulled them over twice for speeding. And, they just got a warning each time. Many people that get pulled over get a ticket the first time. Wow. This is favoritism & entitlement at it's finest.
I hear what you’re saying but this sounds political and wouldn’t be easy to address here, but the accused will receive excellent representation and a fair trial? Sounds good to me. JMO

Helpful hint. I try to flip through admin notes every time a new thread opens. I think we're up to 41 notes now. That's 2+ pages. I'm still trying to catch up so I wanted to pull a couple forward to refresh minds. :)

ADMIN NOTE:

Move on from the psychopathy discussion please. It is off topic speculation not based on any known fact. None of us even knows who this person is, let alone be in a position to diagnose them.

Thank you.

ADMIN NOTE:

STOP with the discussion of various mental health disorders.

The ONLY thing we are aware of at this time is that his family members made reference to OCD. Beyond that we know nothing about this man's mental health or any diagnosis, so it is all speculation not based on any known fact.

Was BK wearing gloves? Do you assume "no" because the PCA didn't say it? The PCA can only state what D witnessed and what she remembers. That's my only point here, and that isn't really up for debate.
Do we really think he didn’t cover his hair? I’m sure he tried to cover his tracks. Ski mask, medical gloves, etc.

The social media thing was fake I am sure, or at least any I seen were fake. Yeah, there was something about or in that house that made him return time after time but I’m still not yet convinced he went with the intention of killIng all 4 that evening.
I am definitely not convinced he went with the intention of killing 4 people. 2 maybe, but not 4. Maddie and Xana worked at the Mad Greek so somehow they could be BKs targets for whatever his reason was. It could have been something as small as they were laughing about something and he assumed they were laughing at him when in fact they were not. That could have set him off and he decided he'd take care of them. Time went on which only increased his negative feelings toward the pair. By the time the date of the killing rolled around he was probably pretty obsessed about the whole thing and there was no turning back for him.

It's my opinion that Ethan wasn't expected to be there so that brings us to 3 people. I also don't think BK expected to find Kaylee and Maddie together in her bed. I think Kaylee was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time as was Ethan. Well, they all were in the wrong place at the wrong time but I meant that I don't think Kaylee and Ethan were on BK's kill list that night. I feel like he expected to find just Maddie in her room, and Xana without her BF.

All MOO.

I am thinking that the reason Xana was found in her room instead of the living room is that she may have seen the killer, then ran back to her room to what felt safe to her - her boyfriend. Just speculation on my part.
I agee, and also so she could lock herself in. Sadly, it seems he caught her before she could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem