Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up....

Was any of the audio released after the affidavit, specifically the 4:17 audio?

I was wondering the opposite, that he had extensive therapy. Do you know he wasn't treated and I missed it?
MOO, IMO, According to the forum posts I linked he was out on topomax, which IIRC is a migraine/seizure medication. He says about this particular medication: "I took Topiramate (Topomax) before and it just made me INSANE. I broke my table for no reason seriously! " and he "did crazy **** that i should have died from..."

In this post he mentions wanting to speak to a neurologist but never confirms if he did. image_2023-01-08_182520223.png

According to this post, he also had a doctor who "Put him on every medication and it made me crazy"
image_2023-01-08_182852457.png

Here he mentions that he has been tested for everything and his doctor said everything was migraines.image_2023-01-08_183245023.png

IMO, MOO, it seems he was treated for the visual snow/migraine/physical aspect, but maybe not so much for the mental issues (depersonalization, depression, lack of emotion/sympathy, etc).

I can't remember where I read it but I seem to remember his family filing bankruptcy twice. Stands to reason they could have had to sell out and move.
I have known parents who have sold their home and/or gone into bankruptcy in order to pay for their child’s drug rehab/eating disorder rehab etc. Often multiple treatments one after the other. It happens.
I wonder if there is any record of BK having received treatment or rehab etc. and what it might have been for.

I don't believe the prosecution would use this information in the trial. If I were the defense I would bring a couple guys into court dressed in black with masks and bushy eyebrows and ask? Is one of these men the defendant?

Of course she would not be able to ID the defendant

It would be so foolish: kinda like having OJ try on the glove
I don't believe the prosecution would use this information in the trial. If I were the defense I would bring a couple guys into court dressed in black with masks and bushy eyebrows and ask? Is one of these men the defendant?

Of course she would not be able to ID the defendant

It would be so foolish: kinda like having OJ try on the glove
Could/would they do a line up?

The PLAN might have been smart but the execution was a prosecutor's dream, IMHO.
I respectively disagree...as of what we the public, know right now, IMO its no where near a "prosecutor's dream", its very circumstantial.

There in no murder weapon, no eyewitness', no DNA mixed with the victims, no finger prints, no motive, no video of the killer, sketchy cell phone pings due to the lack of towers in the area making them up for speculation and argument, police giving out the incorrect year model of the Elantra only changed once BCK was linked to a 2015 etc... MOO

I find it quite telling there’s been zero mention of him ever having a romantic relationship, no mention of a prom date even. I mean sheesh, even dahmer had a prom date.
He isn’t a bad looking guy, physically hes quite attractive. 6 ft, slim, nice hair. I can only think … he didn’t really want one?

that's so subjective - he isn't attractive to me

There's a gag order, as we all know already.
They can't speak, at risk of sanction from the court ( & presumably disciplinary from LE)

So here's NYP today, claiming it's relying on an 'Idaho lawman source'

Lawman source claims:
- Cops are still “puzzled” about why a surviving roommate in the University of Idaho quadruple murder waited eight hours after the slaughter to call police, an Idaho law enforcement source told The Post.
-Law enforcement is also currently coming up empty in their search for connections between the six students and the accused killer

2 huge photos of DM at Post link
It's just awful how those online SM sleuths are bandying her name around....... ;)

IMO. I think DM probably had no clue of what was going on. She was woken up in the early AM hrs in a foggy sleepy induced haze. We are lucky that she was able to remember as much as she could. DM provided great recall. People need to cut her some slack. I know what it’s like to have that flight fight freeze going on-all it takes is a pistol to the head. We are lucky DM survived.

Lets say the killer does have a plan of pulling off the perfect murder. That plan is to get arrested and charged because of the evidence that was allegedly left behind, however to be found not guilty because of that same alleged evidence?

Now THAT would indeed be the perfect crime...would it not?

Could BCK be smarter than we may think... many of his past teachers and classmates have said he is very intelligent, it does seem that BCK has put in the effort and done the due diligence to attempt such an plan. IDK Im just speculating

It would if being found not guilty meant innocent. I’m not sure being charged and tried of murder then found no guilty is something to write on anyone’s resume.
Imagine being on a hiring committee for a new CJ prof and have this BK’s papers come across the desk with an application.
Even if found not guilty, he is done. IMO
Could that be his plan? Who knows, but he is 28 and if his estimate of himself is wrong he could spend the rest of his life in prison.
He may imagine book deals, expert interviews, hearing his name, a Netflix series?
He could get the death penalty. Maybe that is his ‘death by cop’ plan?

JMO

So, D DIDN'T see him exit, and police "believe" that is how he left.
That’s what I take from it. He could have left the sliding door open if that’s where he entered so he didn’t have to touch it on the way out. If he touched it, he had to have had on gloves or wiped it down. DM did say he was “walking” and not running, so I don’t think he was in any rush. Even if he’d parked out front, going out the back door made more sense for him so that he could slink along the side of the house and ensure no one was in the road to see him. Had he had exited directly into parking area on front of house, he risked detection. All MOO.

It really doesn't need to be that precise for a PC affidavit. Maybe the thud was heard at 4:17:02 and the dog barked at 4:17:54. They will give themselves an ample window when the crime could have been committed. The finite details will come at
If we could only see the offense report it would make things clearer. That’s not gonna happen.

We gonna have to wait til trial

I respectively disagree...as of what we (the public) know right now, IMO its no where near a "prosecutor's dream", its very circumstantial.

There in no murder weapon, no eye witness', no DNA mixed with the victims, no finger prints, no motive, no video of the killer, sketchy cell phone pings due to the lack of towers in the area making them up for speculation and argument, police giving out the incorrect year model of the Elantra only changed once BCK was linked to a 2015 etc... MOO
well, we don't actually know what they have right now. PCA is sparse.
Not the whole story.
But I agree the road ahead could be pretty rocky for the prosecution.
His defense lawyer has a formidable and well earned reputation.

At approximately 4:17 a,m., a security camera located at 1112 King Road, a residence immediately to the northwest of 1 122 King Road, picked up distorted audio of what sounded like voices or a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog can also be heard barking numerous times starting at 4:17 a.m. The security camera is less than fifty feet from the west wall of Kernodle's
bedroom,

again, at approximately 4:17 doesn’t seem right. It would give exact time on a camera. Dog barking is definite at 4:17. 50 ft is pretty far to pick up talking inside another house bedroom through the wall. Ipeople would have to be really loud I would think and the neighbors camera should have a lot more picked up sounds over periods of time than that.

Dog didn’t even start barking until 417.

Has anyone looked up the definition of a thud noise?

To me, this is extremely important. The word chosen here for an affidavit would need to be relevant. Why not crash, thump or any other choice. Loud Thud is pretty specific

You would be surprised. If you look it up there is a big difference between loud vs dull vs thump vs thud.

If any English majors could give i opinion would appreciate it.

As I’m sure, a lot of people will say “don’t pick on semantics. It’s just a description, etc”. But I don’t think people realize how every sentence in an affidavit could be picked apart by a great defense to put doubt.

Just saying.

I’ve seen people on here putting people down for trying to decipher a comma or no comma to find meaning.

Look how long humans have and still do bible study page by page to decipher meaning.
I've thought about the use of the word thud myself. To me, it implies something had some airspace like a wall, floor, etc. I don't associate thuds, for example, with someone falling on a cement floor. JMO

I've thought about the use of the word thud myself. To me, it implies something had some airspace like a wall, floor, etc. I don't associate thuds, for example, with someone falling on a cement floor. JMO
Yup. My real life definition of thud is your kid just jumped off the top bunk bed upstairs. The kind of heavy reverberating noise that vibrates pictures on the wall.

I have known parents who have sold their home and/or gone into bankruptcy in order to pay for their child’s drug rehab/eating disorder rehab etc. Often multiple treatments one after the other. It happens.
I wonder if there is any record of BK having received treatment or rehab etc. and what it might have been for.
I imagine his attorneys are scrambling for all his medical/mental health records as we speak. While there is no "insanity" defense in Idaho, mental illness might save him from the death penalty. Maybe. My opinion only.

The thing about that is that she would have been interviewed a zillion times before doing that affidavit. I don’t think people realize that entire cases can be lost due to one 5 word sentence.
Maybe (could you link to one?) but the trial will include much more evidence than is in the PCA. It will expand on what is in the PCA.

Like you, I would like a PCA that is airtight. But that is unrealistic given the writers of most of them are untrained & just doing the best due diligence they can.

Everything about the search for justice process has faults and yet some form of justice is achieved every day all across the nation.

I empathize with your point (and fears) but would like to see evidence of a poorly written PCA causing someone guilty to go free. Ya got one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member