ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall if we know where Xana's bed was located in her room relative to the door. Given the neighbor's camera near her room picking up a "thud" and the thought that the murderer encountered her either slightly outside or right inside the entrance to her room.....I started wondering if perhaps the thud was a result of the murderer grabbing her and pushing her back and across the room, ending up against the outer wall. That puts her up against a solid surface, making it easier to restrain and stab her in comparison to holding and/or attacking her as she stands in the middle of the room.

Wanting to know what factors shaped a murderer, their life, their choices and feeling sorrow for experiences they had (and empathy and/or sympathy with their parents) IN NO WAY reduces my horror at their acts or reduces my sorrow, love, and support for the victims and their loved ones.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the suspicions that anyone who killed with a knife must certainly be an ex-military hunter with butchery experience and did volunteer work at a blood bank to be comfortable "pulling off" such a series of murders.

Do you need to have practiced breaking and entering to pull off a quiet, stealthy movement around a house? Don't most people stealthily move around their family home growing up as soon as parents to go bed to grab snacks in the middle of the night?

It's going to come out in the trial, and have all of these questions cleared up as to the order of murders and (I believe) the placement of bodies will paint the picture of what went down.

I posted this yesterday, but considering we still only have an affidavit to work off, I think it's worth developing this:

To establish a clearer chain of events than how it is described in the affidavit, would be to outline events and REMOVE Dylan's account entirely, listing the events that can be corroborated by solid verifiable digital receipts, etc. For example, the 4:00am DoorDash delivery and Xana's TicToc usage at around 4:17am.

Next you would include time of the final return of the Elantra sighting on cameras, along with the security camera sound capture that picked up the thud and "whimper", and the final post-murder Elantra exit.

Once you have this outline, add in what the affidavit details is Dylan's account of the night. Considering she would be recalling events from a very traumatised memory (not to mention she was likely drunk and very tired.. and human without an inbuilt digital clock), it may make it easier to piece together what she may have actually heard versus what she THOUGHT she was hearing and from whom at specific times.

As an example, there's no mention of Dylan hearing Xana take delivery of the DoorDash order at the time she says she thought she heard K playing with Murphy - especially considering Xana would have either answered the front door on the bottom floor, OR the DoorDash order specified delivery to the second floor sliding door. Hearing the line "there's someone here" may also refer to the DoorDash driver arriving as well, with K potentially saying this out loud if the driver knocked?

I don't think most killers do that. I think he's been wanting to kill for a very long time. It's a different sort of crime, imo. "Serial-killer type" is what I've thought the whole time. Most murders aren't!

I think it may mean she went to sleep again at some point after he left, which makes sense to me for several reasons, even though I can understand why some people would question whether someone could go back to sleep after witnessing what she witnessed. It also helps explain the delay
What exactly did she witness? Sound of K playing with the dog ( after the fact we think that maybe was a murder). E or K saying " Someone is here" well we now know the DoorDash guy came. They also could have had friends/hook-ups over. The faint sounds of a possible cry and a "Don't worry I will help you" she could have thought E & X were having an argument or perhaps they were drunk. Every time she looked out the door she saw nothing strange except for the last time... a guy in dark clothing with a mask covering his nose and mouth. She didn't say she saw blood, a knife, he wasn't running out like he just killed everyone and he could have just had a winter protective hat on covering part of his face. She maybe was caught off guard and scared not expecting to see an unknown man at that hour but she did have other female roommates in the home that could have invited him. There was absolutely no reason to think her roommates had just been murdered. She did not report that she heard screams or yelling of any sort that would alert her to harm or danger. She probably froze for a moment like who TF is that shut her door and locked it and went back to bed. Why would she even think her roommates were being murdered why would that thought have been on her radar? The only people who think she was wrong for not calling is those that know everyone was murdered after the fact.

I think he practiced stealth. I thought originally the perp would have had breaking and entering charges. He still might have "practiced" by breaking in places and was just never caught.
I thought he might have broken the lock during one of his previous 12 visits, one of which was during the day. Breaking the lock ahead of time saves time, is more cunning, and allows for stealth until too late, then blitz. Someone said "there's someone here." D.M. thought it was Kaylee, so he wasn't entirely stealthy.

Phone records of the two roommates might prove that they were both at home. Did D.M. check her phone after checking the bedroom door twice? The timeline seems tight without phone records of the two survivors.
  • 4:04 a.m. he was driving near the house
  • D.M. woke up to what she thought was Kaylee and the dog
  • D.M. heard some say: there's someone here
  • 4:12 a.m. Xana was awake and alive
  • 4:17 a.m. loud thud, barking dog
  • D.M. saw him leaving house
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'll admit, when I first read thru the PCA, I thought it was talking about X's phone (since she was on TikTok until 4:12, or so). It wasn't until I read it for about the 5th time is when I noticed it stated both (surviving) roommates.

I'm sure the details of that will come out eventually. I was posting mainly to see if I had missed something.....it wouldn't be the 1st, or even the 5th time. Lol

Since I started following this case I watched as a man educated in criminal justice basically set himself up to be prosecuted for the murder of four young students. Knowing he wasn't stupid, I began to question what reality he was living in because it sure wasn't mine. Finding out about mental health issues he had earlier in life somewhat explained his skewed thinking and gave me a little understanding. Are his issues an excuse for murder? No, I sincerely doubt that and a jury is best suited to make a judgment on that and on his punishment.
What I saw what you allude to . . . it seems this suspect was trying to find and stay in treatment and also channel energies into other pursuits. I wish we could have more open discussions and more high level access to information about mental health. It can be really hard if alone and outside of larger urban areas with resources and experts--Philly is mentioned but who knows if they made it there or if it was helpful treatment. <modsnip - off topic> Yet, there are many odd involvements. I think it is hard to prove that all 4 murders were done "willfully, deliberately, with premeditation and with malice of afterthought."

<modsnip - general mental health not specific to this case>

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly did she witness? Sound of K playing with the dog ( after the fact we think that maybe was a murder). E or K saying " Someone is here" well we now know the DoorDash guy came. They also could have had friends/hook-ups over. The faint sounds of a possible cry and a "Don't worry I will help you" she could have thought E & X were having an argument or perhaps they were drunk. Every time she looked out the door she saw nothing strange except for the last time... a guy in dark clothing with a mask covering his nose and mouth. She didn't say she saw blood, a knife, he wasn't running out like he just killed everyone and he could have just had a winter protective hat on covering part of his face. She maybe was caught off guard and scared not expecting to see an unknown man at that hour but she did have other female roommates in the home that could have invited him. There was absolutely no reason to think her roommates had just been murdered. She did not report that she heard screams or yelling of any sort that would alert her to harm or danger. She probably froze for a moment like who TF is that shut her door and locked it and went back to bed. Why would she even think her roommates were being murdered why would that thought have been on her radar? The only people who think she was wrong for not calling is those that know everyone was murdered after the fact.
I wasn't insinuating that I was making any judgment about her not calling 911 immediately and not sure where you got that from. I simply mentioned it because others have had problems in their own minds explaining the delay. This is one possible scenario. I think it's pretty clear she had a very bad feeling about what she saw/heard, which is why she was "frozen" and locked her door. Are you suggesting that she thought everything was 100% OK and normal after peeking out her door THREE times and then seeing a man she didn't recognize in a mask walking through her house who caused her to become frozen?

ETA: I lived in a party house with several other girls in college and there were certainly loud, crazy noises going on at all times of the night/day, but it would have been very strange for me to hear things that caused me to wake up and get out of bed three times, but never yell at my roommates to shut up or go see what was going on. However, it wouldn't have been strange if I had a bad feeling or was scared of what might have been happening.

Last edited:
This reminds me of the suspicions that anyone who killed with a knife must certainly be an ex-military hunter with butchery experience and did volunteer work at a blood bank to be comfortable "pulling off" such a series of murders.

Do you need to have practiced breaking and entering to pull off a quiet, stealthy movement around a house? Don't most people stealthily move around their family home growing up as soon as parents to go bed to grab snacks in the middle of the night?

It's going to come out in the trial, and have all of these questions cleared up as to the order of murders and (I believe) the placement of bodies will paint the picture of what went down.

I posted this yesterday, but considering we still only have an affidavit to work off, I think it's worth developing this:

To establish a clearer chain of events than how it is described in the affidavit, would be to outline events and REMOVE Dylan's account entirely, listing the events that can be corroborated by solid verifiable digital receipts, etc. For example, the 4:00am DoorDash delivery and Xana's TicToc usage at around 4:17am.

Next you would include time of the final return of the Elantra sighting on cameras, along with the security camera sound capture that picked up the thud and "whimper", and the final post-murder Elantra exit.

Once you have this outline, add in what the affidavit details is Dylan's account of the night. Considering she would be recalling events from a very traumatised memory (not to mention she was likely drunk and very tired.. and human without an inbuilt digital clock), it may make it easier to piece together what she may have actually heard versus what she THOUGHT she was hearing and from whom at specific times.

As an example, there's no mention of Dylan hearing Xana take delivery of the DoorDash order at the time she says she thought she heard K playing with Murphy - especially considering Xana would have either answered the front door on the bottom floor, OR the DoorDash order specified delivery to the second floor sliding door. Hearing the line "there's someone here" may also refer to the DoorDash driver arriving as well, with K potentially saying this out loud if the driver knocked?
Xana was "likely awake and using the TikTok app at approximately 4:12 a.m. That's an awfully specific approximate time. Xana was not using TikTok at 4:17 a.m. That's when the dog started barking.

Attachments

• 1673237809336.png
    1673237809336.png
    108 KB · Views: 4
I saw it on YouTube where a lady had gotten the video through the FOIA for all crimes in the neighborhood in 2022 or so. But she's pretty random/not a reporter.
We might want to add that to the media thread , if we get special permission . It is a real police cam video.

Same here, T

Life ain't fair.

It's not fair when a woman tries to divorce an abusive husband and he ends up blowing her away with a gun.

It's not fair when an innocent 8-year-old is raped by some sick pedophile.

And it wasn't fair that these four kids in Idaho had their lives snuffed out at 4 in the morning by some knife-wielding coward.

Perhaps it wasn't fair that this guy kohberger didn't get enough attention as a teen.

But life ain't fair, and if convicted, the depraved coward needs to pay the ultimate price.
But life ain't fair,

Lot of people on here won't know who Joe South was but he said it best. "I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden. Along with the sunshine, there's got to be a little rain sometimes."

Man had a lot to say and he said it so well.

JMO

If this was a teenage kohberger, it looks like he was spending WAY too much time on the 'net.

He probably should've been WAY more involved in athletics (or some physical fitness program); or a part-time job at McDonalds; or hiking/skiing there in the Pocono mountains; or doing some type of community service/volunteering, etc.

16 and 17-year-old kids shouldn't be spending hours and hours on the 'net playing amateur psychologists or obsessing over food and "detox diets".

<modsnip>
You would be surprised how much time kids these days spend on the internet or simply on their phones. Kids younger then 16-17.

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't insinuating that I was making any judgment about her not calling 911 immediately and not sure where you got that from. I simply mentioned it because others have had problems in their own minds explaining the delay. This is one possible scenario. I think it's pretty clear she had a very bad feeling about what she saw/heard, which is why she was "frozen" and lock her door. Are you suggesting that she thought everything was 100% OK and normal after peeking out her door THREE times and then seeing a man she didn't recognize in a mask walking through her house who caused her to become frozen?
I think he probably startled her especially at that hour, or maybe not. I don't know what kind of additional traffic they had going in and out of that house. That house had a lot of party traffic and apparently not everyone was known to all the roommates. I don't know what kind of housing she had prior to coming to this house so maybe men in the home in the wee hours of the morning could have scared her. So yeah she probably was like WTF she didn't know if her roommates invited anyone and froze because she didn't expect a man to walk by so she shut her door and locked it. I think the thought of anyone being slaughtered in her home was no where in her mind. Nor did she hear any noises that put her in fear of herself or anyone being in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dany998