ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of the defendants put up a fight. There had to be bloody murder screams.
Slasher movies are misleading. Screaming and trying to run away are not what generally happens. Plus most people use their energy to fight not make noise. A knife to the heart will almost always cause instant death and no screaming. A knife to the lungs causes them to fill with blood and there's no way to scream (no air) with death following shortly. This guy entered and left the house somewhere 4:00-4:25. One B&E, four murders, one speedy escape in 25 minutes. There was noise but more from the dog than the victims. MOO The 7 Most Lethal Places to Strike with a Knife - Survival Sullivan

I'm not condoning what BK most likely did but trying to understand and make sense of it. Sad thing is that the murders were a senseless act. And that's just the point. IMO his thinking is so skewed that I can't decipher his motivation. He gave us hints on how his thoughts plagued him and he seemed to realize how distorted his thoughts were and even disliked himself because of them but was unable to control himself at times. I don't know, if he did murder those kids, if he even feels bad about it since in the past he would lament about not being able to feel. I don't believe he did this for the thrill of it or for the notoriety. This is a tragedy all around and if he is convicted he will pay the price for it.
I think he did it in an attempt to feel something other than numb, sort of the same reasons a kid will cut their arm up and down and watch it bleed. Only this is the evil grown-up version. MOO

Yes, but he might have gone out there to Washington to scout out grad schools with a good reputation for his major.

He may have been out there a year before, visiting grad schools, when the Juettens were attacked in a similar fashion.

FBI should be checking out his credit cards and his movements in August 2021, IMO.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are.

Eyewitness identification may be notoriously unreliable but how often does a witness call out eyebrows?? Ever? Rarely?
I think the way you phrased it the second time is more accurate. She didn't identify BK, or any specific person. She gave a description, and LE suggested was close reasonably close enough to not rule him out, but certainly does not rule him in. The identification was made by DNA, and that was extremely specific, and will become even more so, with his personal DNA. The video and phone data are highly supportive. But the DNA is the jackpot, and DM's account is simply that she saw a person she didn't know walking from the direction of bodies to the sliding door for a hasty exit. All the talk about eyebrows glimpsed briefly in a dark room, and their state of bushiness or not, really doesn't matter, other than that the description couldn't be used to conclusively rule him out. I think she mentioned the eyebrows only because in the dark and with the mask, it was about all of him she could see. The DNA is what matters here, and the video and phone offer backup support.

I think he did it in an attempt to feel something other than numb, sort of the same reasons a kid will cut their arm up and down and watch it bleed. Only this is the evil grown-up version. MOO
<modsnip> I'm convinced that such people have high thresholds of stimulation, and they commit crimes and other egregious acts because it makes them feel alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that he's had to admit in recent interviews that he was absolutely wrong, I seriously doubt it. MOO
Can you share links to those recent interviews? I haven't seen anything about the father saying he was wrong, and it would be strange, I think, for him to say that before his son's trial even starts.

Since this is a PCA with a solo officer recounting his own investigative summaries, I am guessing the DM used the word "bushy."

People use it in various ways. She only caught a glimpse of him. His height and sex were as important as the eyebrows, but obviously, someone with non-prominent or very thin eyebrows wouldn't fit very well. To her, they were the main thing she noticed in her brief glimpse of his partly masked face.

The idea is that the officer who writes this can be asked to come to court for the PCA process and judge can ask him/her what precisely was said. That was likely not needed in this one. More than enough there, with or without DM's eyewitness account.

The footprints in the blood are great evidence, but the DNA on the sheath is of course what pointed directly to BK.
Where did you see that there was a footprint in blood? Thanks!

Slasher movies are misleading. Screaming and trying to run away are not what generally happens. Plus most people use their energy to fight not make noise. A knife to the heart will almost always cause instant death and no screaming. A knife to the lungs causes them to fill with blood and there's no way to scream (no air) with death following shortly. This guy entered and left the house somewhere 4:00-4:25. One B&E, four murders, one speedy escape in 25 minutes. There was noise but more from the dog than the victims. MOO The 7 Most Lethal Places to Strike with a Knife - Survival Sullivan
And to tell you the truth, I don't think it took 25 minutes or anywhere near that long. Twenty-five minutes is an eternity in that kind of situation, although I admit he might have spent some of that time lurking about and waiting for the right opportunity, i.e., when everybody was in bed.

I apologize for being behind but this fool really did shave his eyebrows off for court !? I saw a photo and thought oh yeah definitely get bushy and I just couldn’t figure out why he looked so sunken in court beyond being a total creep. It’s because of his brow bones being entirely bare now? It just seems so insanely obvious that shaving them off is hinting at guilt but I assume this guy didn’t know you could literally trim your brows to make them short and clean without shaving them completely off … ?!

We're likely not going to know for months or years or ever who placed those stools there like that or when or why, but it bothers me. It also bothers me the dog did not start barking until 0417, but that's another story. My opinions only.
There are early photos of the crime scene in the Media Thread that show the bar stools around the bar or table. They later appear blocking the door as if LE found that the lock did not work or was removed and placed them there to block the door. MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

My perspective about children's behavior is not limited, about 40 years and thousands of kids. There is no way to know whether BCK had mental problems at that time. At one point he was addicted to heroin. At another point he was in rehab. Then he went back to school and did well right up until he is suspected of a gruesome mass murder. Only when a person doesn't truly know right from wrong (and this is challenging to proove) is mental illness an excuse for anything. The best way to deal with kids who have emotional/behavioral/developmental/mental illnesses is a structured environment with well-established boundaries and ample unscheduled incentives, plus counseling and medication if needed. Love them no matter what but never excuse inappropriate behavior as this only invites more of it. MPO

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin Scorsese Eyebrow Scale???
Yeah, the affidavit is full of words that mean different things to different people. Bushy (on the Martin Scorsese eyebrow scale, this dude doesn't even register), thud, whimper... all can mean something different in many circumstances.
@CityKid
Post of the day.
TYVM.

And to tell you the truth, I don't think it took 25 minutes or anywhere near that long. Twenty-five minutes is an eternity in that kind of situation, although I admit he might have spent some of that time lurking about and waiting for the right opportunity, i.e., when everybody was in bed.
I think it's closer to sixteen....

"While investigators worked long hours to crack the case, technology sped things along dramatically, including thousands of digital uploads processed by the FBI. Without a murder weapon, motive or anyone seeing the killer's face, authorities were able to make extraordinary use of advancements in technology to piece together the mystery surrounding who they say killed University of Idaho students Ethan Chapin, 20, Madison Mogen, 21, Kaylee Goncalves, 21, and Xana Kernodle, 20 — an act of violence that upended the small college town.

"I think it just goes to this idea that there is no perfect crime in this day and age," said former Los Angeles County prosecutor Joshua Ritter, who is now a partner with El Dabe Ritter Trial Lawyers. "It is for the most part a fairly circumstantial case. And building that kind of case requires you to build this kind of tapestry of evidence, which they have done here in a very remarkable way.""

Since this is a PCA with a solo officer recounting his own investigative summaries, I am guessing the DM used the word "bushy."

The footprints in the blood are great evidence, but the DNA on the sheath is of course what pointed directly to BK.

Imagine the total collated statement of material facts to be presented. This is just the PCA.

My perspective about children's behavior is not limited, about 40 years and thousands of kids. There is no way to know whether BCK had mental problems at that time. At one point he was addicted to heroin. At another point he was in rehab. Then he went back to school and did well right up until he is suspected of a gruesome mass murder. Only when a person doesn't truly know right from wrong (and this is challenging to proove) is mental illness an excuse for anything. The best way to deal with kids who have emotional/behavioral/developmental/mental illnesses is a structured environment with well-established boundaries and ample unscheduled incentives, plus counseling and medication if needed. Love them no matter what but never excuse inappropriate behavior as this only invites more of it. MPO

Respectfully, I never said your perspective was limited. That post wasn't directed at you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members