ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is just in relation to the 4G coverage, even if that is spotty there will be other bands available that have wider coverage.

Even if you do pretend there are actual 'dead zones' in the city they likely have other evidence such as video showing where the car is during those time frames. If the car, driven by the suspect, is shown to be in an area that has cell coverage the only explanation for it not being on the network is it being intentionally disconnected.
Good post. Plus from the article posted by Mad Hattie it describes coverage problems in eastern Moscow and not west of Main St which is where the crime scene is. JMO.

I still think the loud thud was xana collapsing to the floor after being stabbed. Just from what the affidavit says, about her being found on the floor and the fact police were able to see her body from the hallway. If anyone watched the tik tok video kaylee posted of all the roomies making fun of each other, that wooden floor made a racket when they were stomping about. If she fell to the floor I can see that would make a loud thud noise, question is, why didn’t Bethany hear it? She was directly above.

I still think Ethan was killed in the bed, and that’s his blood was that was dripping on the outside of the house.
Remember the device that picked up the sound was 50 ft away. She was slight in form.
Maybe he threw her body from the corridor into her room from a distance but even then would it register as a 'loud thud'?

Actually, more than one person here speculated that a knife sheath had been left behind, a few did, very early on, but on a site like this, with hundreds of people following a thread, almost every possible scenario gets suggested eventually. It is what we do, throw enough stuff against a wall, and hope something sticks. It doesn't mean the person did it, or had any specific knowledge, but most likely means the person also speculated countless other things that did not turn out to be true. I think that is probably even more likely on some of those other sites, that have little to no moderation. JMO

Definitely!. Plenty of people could have seen that theory posted and then posted as if it was their own too. I recall @Tealgrove posted it as a possibility very early on, when LE named the kind of knife they were looking for. Definitely way before we knew there was possibly DNA, and absolutely before the date this PR fb poster floated it. They may have even got the idea here ;)

But what constitutes reasonable doubt? His attorney can’t testify for him, and say that he was there innocently. There’s a solid chance now that his attorney won’t be able to find anyone who’ll say he was there—specially with a knife sheath.
There are many reports, a lot are inaccurate.
@Gardenista shared an interview with one of his friends, a recovering heroin addict who had actually worked with him and did heroin with him.
He declared he had never witnessed him being abusive towards women at any stage.
I neither stated nor implied that BK had ever been abusive to a female. I did opine as to his STATE OF MIND and wonder if he had indulged in FANTASIES about inflicting pain or harm on another person. Imo, he did not wake up November 12, 2022, with a sudden onset of fully-formed murderous intent. Maybe I’m all wrong and maybe his state of mind was all rosy and magnanimous until he left his apartment in the middle of the night, dressed in black, carrying a facemask and a totally innocuous combat knife.

A few excerpts from BK's alleged TAT posts, discovered via HTC, which are highly concerning, "I felt like a criminal but where was my record" and "I am stuck in this void of nothing, feeling completely no emotion, feeling nothing."

I thought about that being the goal and it still could be. Set himself up and then beat the system by getting over on it. But now I'm leaning toward “visual snow” being at the heart of his actions and losing touch with reality. Reading about what he went thru as a teen and then a poster on here sharing her son's battle with it made me look deeper into it. I had no idea how devastating an affliction it could be and how some sufferers could be so badly affected emotionally and mentally. I've followed many cases and can't remember one where I thought the defendant had lost touch with reality, but I have to consider something like that with BK. IMO his thinking has been skewed to the point of incriminating himself.
It appears his defense may be "neurological disorder" since his discussion about his visual snow is thoroughly documented. Talk about twists and turns...

I had also thought about the timing. The end of the semester means that the students would be formally evaluating their professor and teaching assistants. I think this was a major concern and could have also caused him to start giving the students 100's with no grading comments.
Boxer, that’s a really good point.

Definitely!. Plenty of people could have seen that theory posted and then posted as if it was their own too. I recall @Tealgrove posted it as a possibility very early on, when LE named the kind of knife they were looking for. Definitely way before we knew there was possibly DNA, and absolutely before the date this PR fb poster floated it. They may have even got the idea here ;)
That's something I was thinking about last night. There are some things I've seen discussed here that later end up as "unnamed sources" on MSM. I have no illusions that other sites aren't discussing the same ideas. But, I don't read them so I don't know for sure. JMO

I wonder if BK turned on the lights when he stabbed them or did it in the dark. Maybe there is a night light in each room. The dark would offer him a bigger chance for surprise but with the lights on he would have a better view... but they would ALL be blinded by the sudden light. Anyway, just a random thought. Doesn't really matter because if he had the light on, all the witnesses that could have seen him with it on, are all deceased now. :(

I think the fact that he was dressed in black probably means he did it in the dark.

Off topic, but I doubt the knife was seen by DB. He probably had it down to his side in his hand as he was leaving the house.

Remember the device that picked up the sound was 50 ft away. She was slight in form.
Maybe he threw her body from the corridor into her room from a distance but even then would it register as a 'loud thud'?

Bothers me too. Seeing the post above showing X&E room and knowing where camera/audio is considering the time, 4:17am with hardened snow on the ground it was probably very quiet so any sound would probably be picked up.

1/3 area lots here, neighbor 3 houses down across the street has a dog medium size I can hear barking in the house when I’m on my porch.

Jmo

I did not know Bethany had activity on her phone at the time of the murders. I assumed she went to bed around 2:00 and never noticed a thing or it would have been mentioned in the PCA?

Also, question - I recall at the very start of the case, there was talk of a bunch of calls from I believe both KC and MM to MM's ex? Does anyone recall what times those were?
From page 5 of the affidavit
“The combination of D.M.'s statements to law enforcement, reviews of forensic downloads of records from B.F. and D.M.'s phone, and video of a suspect, video as described below, leads investigators to believe the homicides occurred between 4:00 a.m. and 4:25 am.”

BBM

I wonder if BK turned on the lights when he stabbed them or did it in the dark. Maybe there is a night light in each room. The dark would offer him a bigger chance for surprise but with the lights on he would have a better view... but they would ALL be blinded by the sudden light. Anyway, just a random thought. Doesn't really matter because if he had the light on, all the witnesses that could have seen him with it on, are all deceased now. :(

I think the fact that he was dressed in black probably means he did it in the dark.

Off topic, but I doubt the knife was seen by DB. He probably had it down to his side in his hand as he was leaving the house.
Originally, I wondered if he might be wearing night vision goggles, but he would have had to pull them down as he left since his eyebrows were so visible.

I don't think he'd chance turning on a light and perhaps being seen by someone outside, but who knows? Unless there was some sort of light in the rooms, nightlight or light through a window, how in the world did he see what he was doing in the dark?

That's a very important question in my opinion.

I kind of see his point. They knew right away they were looking for. Kabar or kabar type knife. The most likely way you know what specific info is if the sheath is left behind or the knife is left behind (and then they wouldn’t be looking for it). If the sheath wasn’t left behind they could estimate blade length and width but I don’t think they would throw Kabar out there.
I believe that the knife sheath was carelessly left behind by BK BUT another scenario could be that the killer purposely left a particular type of knife sheath at the scene to throw LE off… so they would be looking specifically for a Kabar knife when in fact a similar but different type of knife was actually used. That gives the perp time to clean and dispose of the murder weapon or even hide it to retrieve later as a trophy.

BK may have been posting on SM and discussed the knife sheath having been left at the scene. Or LE or someone else close to the investigation could have leaked some details to a trusted source who then posted it on SM or perhaps even one of the friends who came to the house in the morning opened M’s bedroom door and saw the knife sheath lying on the bed. So there are others who could have posted this accurate information before it was publicly revealed. IMO, BK’s arrogance would support him posting on SM. All speculation.

Another thing I’ve pondered, if BK had a bag or back pack with him, he probably put the knife in It before leaving. And he knew the knife sheath wasn’t with him when he left. With barking dog and other noises from the victims, he knew he needed to get out of the house quickly. He didn’t have time to look for the sheath and probably would have to turn on a light on to find it unless he lad a head lamp on so he opted to leave without it. IF he saw DM looking out of her bedroom door in the dark, and the knife was packed up, he could have made a snap decision to leave the house without attacking her in hopes that she didn’t get a good look at him.

Also, I thinks it’s remarkable that DM had such a good description of BK considering it was dark and she saw him for a matter of seconds. I’d agree with bushy eyebrows! Also, I think it was wise to document that she woke up “about 4AM” because if she said a more specific time such as 4:02 or 4:05, she could be held to that exact time in court. Now there is some wiggle room.

I still think the loud thud was xana collapsing to the floor after being stabbed. Just from what the affidavit says, about her being found on the floor and the fact police were able to see her body from the hallway. If anyone watched the tik tok video kaylee posted of all the roomies making fun of each other, that wooden floor made a racket when they were stomping about. If she fell to the floor I can see that would make a loud thud noise, question is, why didn’t Bethany hear it? She was directly underneath

I still think Ethan was killed in the bed, and that’s his blood was that was dripping on the outside of the house.
Per the PCA:
"The combination of D.M.'s statements to law enforcement, reviews of forensic downloads of records from B.F. and D.M.'s phone, and video of a suspect video as described below leads investigators to believe the homicides occurred between 4:00 a.m. and 4:25 am." This suggests to me that BF was also up and using her phone during the time of the attacks. The PCA only includes the minimum amount of info needed to secure an arrest warrant. Time will tell whether both DM and BF were up and heard much more than we are currently aware of. Also, I believe BF was not in the room directly below X's room- BF was in the other bedroom on the 1st floor. MOO

Last edited:
Fake info? Do you mean false or they made a mistake. Fake info insinuates that they made it up. BK exiting the house in a black mask is not what I would consider giving "fake info". Is this 2016 again with the "fake news".
Didn't DM say that the intruder had on black clothing and a mask? Not necessarily a black mask but it wasn't make she would said the make was blue like a surgical mask or just white.
I agree with you that it could have been rehab for other issues opposed to drugs if these posting are accurate. It certainly could explain the anger issues that were described in high school, when he lost weight and took up boxing. He basically says as much, that nobody likes him and he’s a jerk. Disassociated from his family and others. I don’t want to speculate too much as we don’t know, but these posts are definitely very troubling and say a lot. MOO
I’m sorry if I missed this, but do we know these posts are definitely from BK?

Bothers me too. Seeing the post above showing X&E room and knowing where camera/audio is considering the time, 4:17am with hardened snow on the ground it was probably very quiet so any sound would probably be picked up.

1/3 area lots here, neighbor 3 houses down across the street has a dog medium size I can hear barking in the house when I’m on my porch.

Jmo
There was no snow at the time.
The snow didn't come for a few days.
Initially I thought it was the killer jumping but if he left by the glass doors he didn't do that.
Could be unrelated and dog could well be another neighbourhood dog barking.
I was driving along a very remote country road once when I came across a lot of cars and cameras and I stopped. My wolfhound was with me and he wasn't afraid of much but his hair stood up straight. He froze.
Later I discovered a body was being removed from a bog, quite a distance from where we stopped.. A murder victim.
DM freezing suggests to me there was very dark energy around that night, emanating from the murderer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13