ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... I declined to rationalized his behavioral patterns based of online posts he made or a desease that was never verified, thus my idea about him was based of facts that he was a PHD student, a teachers assistant with living parents and supportive siblings as per reports by those who knew him (facts).

Respectfully, We shouldn’t be diagnosing BK’s mental health wholly on a posts made by him when he was. 15. Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
If you watch the videos of BK walking with the taller deputies, it seems obvious he must be at least 5'10", is athletically built, not visibly muscular, and does have bushy eyebrows. Considering her terror, I think her description is spot on.
I think people are really underestimating his height he looks like a big guy and all the guards seem shorter then him. Many sites has his height listed as 5'8" but i think he is at least 6'1" or all the guards are really short IMO

I’m sorry your son has this problem, but thank you for the insight into it.
Wouldn’t you assume that if BK is voluntarily driving around and around in the middle of the night, his symptoms must have lessened?

It would seem his night vision was allowing him to drive safely. He may or may not have had night vision problem in the past as not all vs sufferers have this problem.

not sleuthing the fam. I am sad for them. Just curious if both sisters went to the first hearing or just one. I saw only one with his parents enter the courtroom. The one in black hugging his mom’s shoulders. The dad was in gray trailing slightly behind. I did not see another female with those 3. Was the younger sister not there

Not that it means ANYTHING at all. Idaho is FAR from PA. I’m just curious. Nothing more nothing less. She may have babies. Her job. She might have Covid etc etc . I’m really just curious if i missed her somehow

I think people are really underestimating his height he looks like a big guy and all the guards seem shorter then him. Many sites has his height listed as 5'8" but i think he is at least 6'1" or all the guards are really short IMO
Agreed. I think 6ft
And his dad is well over 6 feet

In this episode of 48 Hours about the murders (you can watch for free if you download the app) one of BK’s former classmates described a moment with BK that struck him as odd. BK apparently stated that he could go into any bar and have any woman he wanted.

Ya, same here. Presumably, he’d been in WA a couple mos at most. Probably just one month. He somehow comes upon these kids and puts his plan into action immediately. Why not do it in PA before he moves?

Is that a profile photo of Kohberger??

Bothers me too. Seeing the post above showing X&E room and knowing where camera/audio is considering the time, 4:17am with hardened snow on the ground it was probably very quiet so any sound would probably be picked up.

1/3 area lots here, neighbor 3 houses down across the street has a dog medium size I can hear barking in the house when I’m on my porch.

Jmo

I think of doors being slammed, dressers knocked over, TVs knocked over?
mho as a peaceful person who avoids violence

Dudbt meant to quote you, Notta, but for some reason i can’t delete it.

Anyway, not sleuthing the fam. I am sad for them. Just curious if both sisters went to the first hearing or just one. I saw only one with his parents enter the courtroom. The one in black hugging his mom’s shoulders. The dad was in gray trailing slightly behind. I did not see another female with those 3. Was the younger sister not there

Not that it means ANYTHING at all. Idaho is FAR from PA. I’m just curious. Nothing more nothing less. She may have babies. Her job. She might have Covid etc etc . I’m really just curious if i missed her somehow
I believe they were both there. In the video of them getting out of the car what I believe is his sister gets out in front of the rest of the family. She was wearing black jacket and heads in by herself. Then we see, mom, dad, and other sister heading in to court as well. MOO

My recollection of the article is that the phone account began in June, but that the times his phone was located near the residence was since September. They requested records back to June.
The affidavit stated that Aug. 21 was a date that BK's phone pinged off a cell tower near the house from approximately (I can't remember the exact times)10:40-11:40 pm.

When I think what the loud thud might have been -- I think of someone being thrown against a wall -- or bumping into in forcefully.
I think either the PCA is missing a lot of very specific information or the thud/dog barking did not come from the King Rd house. DM is very detailed in her statement. Awoke around 0400 to what sounded like K playing with the dog upstairs. Then she hears "There's someone here". She opens her door and sees nothing. Then she hears crying and "I will help you". She opens her door and sees nothing. She then opens her door a third time, seeing the figure dressed in black. She then closes and locks her door.

But DM makes no mention of a loud thud or the dog barking. It is not reasonable for her to not have heard the thud and the dog if it was loud enough for a camera on a neighboring house 50' away to pick it up. In fact, the PCA says the dog is barking on audio numerous times starting at 0417. But DM makes no mention of the dog barking at all. She hears someone playing with the dog, she hears someone say "There's someone here". She hears someone say "I will help you" but she does not hear Murphy barking numerous times starting at 0417?

If we suppose the thud is a victim being thrown into the wall at 0417, setting off the dog, that means the dog would have been barking when DM opened her door the third time and saw the figure dressed in black.

Given only the information stated in the PCA it seems more likely to me that the thud was a car door or trunk closing followed by a different dog barking. Perhaps the figure in black threw the knife and maybe bloody jacket and the mask in the trunk prior to driving off. He wouldn't want to get pulled over wearing a bloody jacket, a mask, and a bloody knife visible inside the car. My opinions only.

Dudbt meant to quote you, Notta, but for some reason i can’t delete it.

Anyway, not sleuthing the fam. I am sad for them. Just curious if both sisters went to the first hearing or just one. I saw only one with his parents enter the courtroom. The one in black hugging his mom’s shoulders. The dad was in gray trailing slightly behind. I did not see another female with those 3. Was the younger sister not there

I believe they were both there. In the video of them getting out of the car what I believe is his sister gets out in front of the rest of the family. She was wearing black jacket and heads in by herself. Then we see, mom, dad, and other sister heading in to court as well. MOO
ok yes! The day of the hearing i saw that but today i can’t find that video anywhere so i was wondering if i imagined it

Has it been determined that was actually blood? I can't believe it was. I don't understand how blood spilled inside a room of a house can find its way past moisture barriers to the outside. If true that's a very poorly maintained house, IMO, and probably in bad need of repair. Also any opening allowing blood spilled inside to exit to the house's exterior would be an inviting ingress for any animal (rat, mouse, etc.) IMO

Agreed. I have never seen a single official document stating that this was blood, nor have I ever seen a picture or video of anyone taking samples for testing. I have only been trusting documentation from LE, ME, mayor etc. throughout the case.

His WA driver license indicates that he is 6 feet tall and weighs 185 pounds (per PCA).

Remember the device that picked up the sound was 50 ft away. She was slight in form.
Maybe he threw her body from the corridor into her room from a distance but even then would it register as a 'loud thud'?
It is creepy how another house’s Ring or whatever could pick up sounds inside a neighbors house.

Like many w
It would be useful to his defense if there were multiple other instances where his phone was off for a few hours at a time, when nothing much seemed to be going on. Then he could make an argument that having his phone off was not unusual and had happened before and it was just coincidence that it was during the murders.
Agree. And, conversely, if he rarely turned his phone off, it could be potentially be very significant to research what he might have been doing in those areas when his phone was off.

My perspective about children's behavior is not limited, about 40 years and thousands of kids. There is no way to know whether BCK had mental problems at that time. At one point he was addicted to heroin. At another point he was in rehab. Then he went back to school and did well right up until he is suspected of a gruesome mass murder. Only when a person doesn't truly know right from wrong (and this is challenging to proove) is mental illness an excuse for anything. The best way to deal with kids who have emotional/behavioral/developmental/mental illnesses is a structured environment with well-established boundaries and ample unscheduled incentives, plus counseling and medication if needed. Love them no matter what but never excuse inappropriate behavior as this only invites more of it. MPO

I don't believe the point is to be looking for an excuse for his behavior as much as an explanation for his bizarre behavior. Even his teen postings show he knew right from wrong but was unable to control himself and berated himself over that failing.

I think either the PCA is missing a lot of very specific information or the thud/dog barking did not come from the King Rd house. DM is very detailed in her statement. Awoke around 0400 to what sounded like K playing with the dog upstairs. Then she hears "There's someone here". She opens her door and sees nothing. Then she hears crying and "I will help you". She opens her door and sees nothing. She then opens her door a third time, seeing the figure dressed in black. She then closes and locks her door.

But DM makes no mention of a loud thud or the dog barking. It is not reasonable for her to not have heard the thud and the dog if it was loud enough for a camera on a neighboring house 50' away to pick it up. In fact, the PCA says the dog is barking on audio numerous times starting at 0417. But DM makes no mention of the dog barking at all. She hears someone playing with the dog, she hears someone say "There's someone here". She hears someone say "I will help you" but she does not hear Murphy barking numerous times starting at 0417?

If we suppose the thud is a victim being thrown into the wall at 0417, setting off the dog, that means the dog would have been barking when DM opened her door the third time and saw the figure dressed in black.

Given only the information stated in the PCA it seems more likely to me that the thud was a car door or trunk closing followed by a different dog barking. Perhaps the figure in black threw the knife and maybe bloody jacket and the mask in the trunk prior to driving off. He wouldn't want to get pulled over wearing a bloody jacket, a mask, and a bloody knife visible inside the car. My opinions only.
I agree. Unless DM elaborates on what "thud" means to her (or meant to her that night), and if LE confirms that she used that word and it wasn't the affidavit writer's interpretation of her description, then I'm not going to speculate on what could have cause the thud. I'm also not convinced that the dog barking was Murphy, and without hearing the audio of the noises, I can't judge whether either sound came from inside or outside the house. However, knowing that this was a party house, I can't believe a single bark or a single thud is the loudest noise ever to emanate from the house, and the neighbors would have adjusted their recording device accordingly (or been driven mad from normal college-kid party noise).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj